test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

[Gateway] Unable to select character

ainilome1ainilome1 Member Posts: 93 Arc User
edited May 2013 in Bug Reports (PC)
Hello,

When accessing Gateway I'm able to select my alt, but not my main. She appears in the list at the top but clicking on her name gives no response.

Character that is not working: Alesche Iira d'Zilv, Cleric Menzo Renegade

Character that does work: Yulier Valois, Rogue Half-Elf

I'm using Chrome Version 26.0.1410.64 m, on Windows 7 64bit.
ainisig.png
-= Dark Star Syndicate - Heavy RP, Dark Themes =-
WebsiteRecruitmentVideo
Administrator of Neverwinter Roleplayers Fansite. Join us!
Post edited by ainilome1 on

Comments

• Options
    mephystiamephystia Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Probably has to do with the apostrophe in the name. It was brought up in previous betas and I also cannot select my character Serion D'Rinishad via the gateway.
  • Options
    oneirosoneiros Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Same thing for me, My Devoted Cleric that is a Dark Elf is unselectable, as above that was my first created character and also the one I logged off with on my last play session. I was able to connect to my Tiefling Great Weapon Fighter that I created secondly without issue.
  • Options
    jalekjalek Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Having the same problem, also with a character that has an apostrophe in the name.
  • Options
    rabbitherderrabbitherder Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    My husband and I are both having this problem - apostrophe in the character name makes the character unselectable, but a character without a special 'character' in the name will work.
  • Options
    aritheldyanaaritheldyana Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I had the same issue. Fortunately I had a character without a special character in it and I figured out how to get in. Here is the link you want to follow (after logging in successfully):

http://gateway.playneverwinter.com/#char([Name]@[Account])/

Where [Name] is your character's name and [Account] is your account name. For example if my account name is Player and my character's name is Ihave'an'apostrophe, then the link would be:

http://gateway.playneverwinter.com/#char(Ihave'an'apostrophe@Player)/

I just noticed that it shortened the link. Try this:

gateway.playneverwinter.com/#char(Ihave'an'apostrophe@Player)
  • Options
    myenethe1stmyenethe1st Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Tried that, didn't work for me. My name is Myene Sunshadow, and I tried

gateway.playneverwinter.com/#char(MyeneSunshadow@TRehes)/
    gateway.playneverwinter.com/#char(Myene_Sunshadow@TRehes)/
    gateway.playneverwinter.com/#char(Myene-Sunshadow@TRehes)/
    gateway.playneverwinter.com/#char(Myene@TRehes)/
  • Options
    aeldiraaeldira Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 29
    edited April 2013
    Tried that, didn't work for me. My name is Myene Sunshadow, and I tried

gateway.playneverwinter.com/#char(MyeneSunshadow@TRehes)/
    gateway.playneverwinter.com/#char(Myene_Sunshadow@TRehes)/

Did you try gateway.playneverwinter.com/#char(Myene Sunshadow@TRehes)/ ?
    As strange as it may sound, you do have to write it with the space.
  • Options
    myenethe1stmyenethe1st Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Just did, no go :(
  • Options
    nadiconadico Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I am having the same problem. I've used IE, Firefox, Chrome, and Safari but to no success. I wish someone would update us on this issue. I realize that log in and lag issues are big but to those of us really wanting to use this feature so is this. We seem to have been let out to dry.
  • Options
    thisisithisisi Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    There is an endless supply of threads on the gateway issue yet I have not seen even one official response on the matter. I was really hoping this issue would be fixed when the gateway was down earlier. I have no idea how to edit my name to be able to access the gateway and really feel like I shouldn't even have to in the first place. I have stayed pretty laid back on this issue but I am beginning to get pretty irritated.
  • Options
    nadiconadico Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    This feature was my saving grace with this game. I for pretty much all day so I have less time to play. With this I could at least have kept some of the game alive while not at home. I really hope they fix this soon. I'd be willing to change my name and drop the special symbols if that was all it took lol.
  • Options
    thisisithisisi Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    You can change your name if you are willing to shell out $4 but for a feature that the majority of the player base can use for free...
  • Options
    crazykldcrazykld Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Actually try this:
    gateway.playneverwinter.com/#char(Ihavean\'apostrophe@Player)
    That may work. LMK
    [th]Game[/th][th]Name[/th][th]Class[/th][th]Level[/th]NeverwinterDeadweightDevoted Cleric60Perfect WorldDemienR8 Cleric100Perfect WorldRy__Ry4/5aps BM101BlacklightProDeadweightSniper20Forsaken WorldBecca BooPriest60
  • Options
    stalogstalog Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Is anyone else having issues logging in to even select a server and make a character?
  • Options
    crazykldcrazykld Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    also another thing you can try it this:
    from - gateway.playneverwinter.com/#char(Ihavean'apostrophe@Player)
    to - gateway.playneverwinter.com/#char(Ihavean'apostrophe@Player)
    also suggested: gateway.playneverwinter.com/#char(Ihavean\'apostrophe@Player)
    [th]Game[/th][th]Name[/th][th]Class[/th][th]Level[/th]NeverwinterDeadweightDevoted Cleric60Perfect WorldDemienR8 Cleric100Perfect WorldRy__Ry4/5aps BM101BlacklightProDeadweightSniper20Forsaken WorldBecca BooPriest60
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Bump to help user
  • Options
    kellemvorrkellemvorr Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    ok, here is the fix.

Verified in chrome. Should work in other browsers with similar inspect functions.

login and get to the select screen.
    Rightclick on the bar for the character that you cannot login with and select inspect element.

you will see a line that says:
    <li class="Player_Devoted" onclick="client.characterSelect('character'name@accountname');">

In chrome you will know you have the right segment highlighted by the highlighted section in the top of the window.(move the mouse around, and you will see the pale gray area move from element to element.)

In the edit window, change the character'name to character\'name.

move your mouse back to the bar at the top for the character and click like you normally would to login.

Hope this helps.
  • Options
    angoshimangoshim Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I have an other character name related issue: I have two characters - one on Beholder, one on Dragon. Both have the same name. When I try to select the Dragon character I'm getting the Beholder character sheet. The use of "charactername@accountname" within gateway is obviously not such a good idea since it doesn't work for duplicate names on one account.
  • Options
    zurkhonzurkhon Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 390 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    angoshim wrote: »
    I have an other character name related issue: I have two characters - one on Beholder, one on Dragon. Both have the same name. When I try to select the Dragon character I'm getting the Beholder character sheet. The use of "charactername@accountname" within gateway is obviously not such a good idea since it doesn't work for duplicate names on one account.

Probably want to get a support ticket in on that.
    Especially since the three shards will eventually be merged and it may cause a problem for you when that merge happens anyway.

It probably was an oversight on their part not realizing that people would make characters with the same name on different shards since the shards will be merged in the future.
    "Beware the engineers of society, I say, who would make everyone in all the world equal. Opportunity should be equal, must be equal, but achievement must remain individual."

- Drizzt Do'Urden
    ― R.A. Salvatore
  • Options
    wsmitty99wsmitty99 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I was very disappointed to see that this patch did not fix this apostrophe bug. I have tried all these workarounds and no luck. For some reason Gateway does not except my account name only email address so I guess the work around is borked by this. Please fix this bug ASAP!

Update... I was finally able to get one of the workarounds to work. Still would help to fix this great program.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Which workaround did you use?