test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Subscription option?

cesmode8cesmode8 Member Posts: 384 Bounty Hunter
edited May 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
Hi,
So I know, obviously, the game is F2P. I know that if you buy HoTN or Guardian packs, you get exclusive stuff. I know that if you choose not to purchase these packs, you either earn your AD in game or buy stuff through the Zen store.

What would you guys think of being given the OPTION for a subscription? If Cryptic said "Hey, if you pay 14.99 per month, you get an extra X amount of Character slots, X amount of bags, etc etC"...adding in some stuff you normally wouldnt get without Zen. But, you pay month to month like every other game.

Option..not a requirement.

Edit: So that cryptic is ensured a reasonable profit margin on this, it would be based on, lets say 3 month increments.
Post edited by cesmode8 on

Comments

• Options
    zorpennzorpenn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 146 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    +1 /10 char
    Debugging is twice as hard as writing the code in the first place. Therefore, if you write the code as cleverly as possible, you are, by definition, not smart enough to debug it.
  • Options
    hydrahamhydraham Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I would love a sub model that gives you increased bag/bank space + character spots. Maybe add like a sprint aura like in SWTOR.
  • Options
    iaddisoniaddison Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Having a subscription that give you extra bag space, more character slots, and other benefits in being a subscriber would be amazing.
    +1
  • Options
    sykedogsykedog Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Planetside 2 is f2p but also offers a subscription model with perks. It would be dumb of PWE not to implement a sub option.
  • Options
    infi321infi321 Member Posts: 311 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I wouldnt sub to anything that lacks endgame, so..no ty.
    "Your story may not last forever; but it will exist forever"
  • Options
    darkbiliedarkbilie Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    infi321 wrote: »

Yet you paid for the Guardian pack....
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    I guess some suggested perks for sub model(3 month plans, @ 14.99 a month or 11.99 a month, whatever the norm is these days):
    -Extra bag(one time offer)
    -Extra char slot(one time offer)
    -Queue priority(so long as Guardian pack purchasers get the same. Must be fair).
    -A bunch of ID scrolls at one year (Hey, if someone pays for a year for this game, they pay a lot more than a guardian and should be rewarded)
    -Access to new races/classes

Anything else to add?
  • Options
    astaziaastazia Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 51
    edited May 2013
    Why would anyone want to pay monthly for limited time access to something they could buy flat out for fairly cheap and get forever?
  • Options
    hydrahamhydraham Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    cesmode8 wrote: »
    I guess some suggested perks for sub model(3 month plans, @ 14.99 a month or 11.99 a month, whatever the norm is these days):
    -Extra bag(one time offer)
    -Extra char slot(one time offer)
    -Queue priority(so long as Guardian pack purchasers get the same. Must be fair).
    -A bunch of ID scrolls at one year (Hey, if someone pays for a year for this game, they pay a lot more than a guardian and should be rewarded)
    -Access to new races/classes

Anything else to add?
    Extra bank slots should be up there.

It's ridiculous you have to pay zen to get more space. That should be a diamond requirement.

Also maybe offer like 450-500 zen a month, bonus if you get the 3 month plan. Kind of like how SWTOR does with cartel coins.
  • Options
    quickness87quickness87 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    infi321 wrote: »

So the 3 days early access ($60) vs 4 month of subscription (assuming $15/mo)...
    umm, yeah, you obviously made the right choice there, lol.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    hydraham wrote: »
    Extra bank slots should be up there.

It's ridiculous you have to pay zen to get more space. That should be a diamond requirement.

Also maybe offer like 450-500 zen a month, bonus if you get the 3 month plan. Kind of like how SWTOR does with cartel coins.

450-500 zen per month or per 3 months is a good idea.
    Something to keep you subbed.
  • Options
    falcor13falcor13 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I would love to have a subscription. I can't enjoy the game cause there is like 1 million different types of currency in this game and so many ways of getting what you need. It is a mess.