test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

GWF in PVP

supernaut72supernaut72 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
edited May 2013 in PvE Discussion
So yeah, the GWF. PVP is...well, it's frustrating. It was rough at low levels, but I heard they got better later on so I stuck with it. But I'm level 39 now and I'm still having a hard time, and I just don't know what to do about it. I'm just really dispirited at this point.

I also have a cleric, about level 24ish. The PVP experience for him is entirely different. I feel like a god walking around. I can do good damage, and dish out decent heals. I almost always have a way out of trouble, and hardly ever get killed except when I'm overwhelmed. And I'm sure I don't have an optimal build or the right gear or anything. It just seems so much easier compared to my GWF.

I'm not unwilling to consider the possibility that I'm doing something wrong. Yet, it's hard to reconcile that with the evidence I see in-game. I hardly ever see other GWFs in PVP. Mostly it's all rogues, wizards, and clerics. And the occasional guardian fighter. It's all very suspicious.

I dunno, is it just me? Does anyone else get the feeling something is not right with the GWF in PVP?

(And yeah, I know there are several other threads about the GWF, but I'm talking only about PVP here. I have no issues in PVE.)
Post edited by supernaut72 on

Comments

• Options
    mconosrepmconosrep Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Well the lack of GWF in PvP is simply a reflection of the fact that at lower levels the GWF has the worst single target DPS, mobility and escape ability. Not sure why you are surprised that this would make GWF so weak at PvP, or that they are less common than other classes. In fact what would be surprising, given their issues in PvE, is that they WERE good (and hence common as people will naturally migrate towards the more powerful classes) in PvP.
  • Options
    wynbjornwynbjorn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I agree with you. I'm lvl 46 now, and from the get go I've been PvP'ing.
    Frankly, we don't have anywhere near enough DPS to do anything good. Even when I go "berserk" peoples HP hardly even drop.

I run good gear and keep it enchanted so its not my gear.
    I've even tried specing for as much single target DPS + control as possible for PvP.. and there was no difference at all (and that spec really gimped my PvE preformance).

Only really nice thing I feel as GWF in PvP is the immunity to CC when I go berserk, but it does little as I can hardly hurt a fly..
  • Options
    rogosh69rogosh69 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Yeah I am frustrated as well nothing like wielding a 2 hander that should hit slow and hard. But it hits like a wet noodle and rogues hit for about 5 times harder than us.
  • Options
    caiotamiettecaiotamiette Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I agree with you ... GM FIX .................
  • Options
    imivoimivo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1,682 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    I think as a GWF you have to spec for PvP. Other classes have specs that work well enough in PvE and PvP, but a GWF you just build differently. I faced a GWF somewhere in the 40s with my CW, and he was a super pain in the <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>. He stuck to me like glue, I couldn't shake him, and I really felt played against the wall. However, I'll say that he was an exception and that normally when I see a GWF in PvP, it's a bit of a free kill. :/ (I have a GWF too, but he's only 17 and at that level PvP felt unplayable with him.)
    Unsure about skills and feats? Check the Master List of Class Builds!
  • Options
    quickness87quickness87 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I agree with you ... GM FIX .................

People need to stop asking GM to fix in-game design... Game Master has no control over it, it is a developers' job to make any modifications.
  • Options
    kotlikotli Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 577
    edited May 2013
    The funny thing is GWF hurt a lot in PvP in the matches I played with them in it, I think it all comes down to knowing how to play them. Also you want at lest two of them working together as the few PvP matches with 2 GWFers in them where killing everyone.
  • Options
    zingarbagezingarbage Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The GWF is going to suck until 50 at the least. Punishing charge will help a ton.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    enderlin50enderlin50 Member Posts: 993 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    PvP for GWF lower levels is really really painful. I get CCed like crazy or kite.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    supernaut72supernaut72 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    wynbjorn wrote: »
    I run good gear and keep it enchanted so its not my gear.
    I've even tried specing for as much single target DPS + control as possible for PvP.. and there was no difference at all (and that spec really gimped my PvE preformance).

Yup, I've done the same thing. I've tried respeccing. I've tried going to the AH and upgrading all my gear to best I could find. I've been playing the GWF since the first tests and I thought I had a good handle on how to play him. But it just doesn't seem to make a difference.

Meanwhile on my cleric, I haven't done any of that and it's like easy mode. I haven't really gone out of my way to optimize at all, yet I'm still owning face in pvp. Something just doesn't add up.

It's like that scene at the end of The Matrix where Neo realizes he is The One, and starts blocking all of Agent Smith's moves with one arm. Yeah, that's what it feels like going from a GWF to a cleric in PVP. LOL :p