test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

A queue at 8am eastern on a Wednesday? 8747?? This is getting absurd.

vfibsuxvfibsux Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 38
edited May 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
I am so regretting giving you a dime right now. Just figured I would at least get on and start some long crafting since I was sure I would not get on after work. How stupid was I to think that?

Comments

• wingedkagoutiwingedkagouti Member Posts: 275 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Use the gateway instead (if you have the basic materials you need), no queue there.
  • cesmode8cesmode8 Member Posts: 384 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    I figured I would chime in and try to calm your steam before you further infect anyone else.

This is essentially their soft launch. The game is less than 24 hours "old" from when anyone can play. Other than insane queue's last night, the game went off without a fricken hitch man. I had 0 bugs, 0 issues, no problems last night. No lag in major city. Nothing. To me, perfect normal launch. The fact that there were queues means they didn't think this many people would be playing. They could probably use one or two more servers. But seriously, other than that...bug/performance wise, what is wrong with the game? Nothing.

As far as this maintanance, they are working on fixing problems that you and I do not see. And I already see no problems so far. So they are fixing something unknowngst to me. Give them time. Every launch has restarts, maintanance, rollbacks, etc within the first week or two. And most every launch in the last 5 years has been 10x worst than this.
  • ambisinisterrambisinisterr Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 10,462 Community Moderator
    edited May 2013
    This is getting improved by the patch coming out at 10 AM EST.

Sorry for the inconvenience but the problem is being addressed.
  • jakula1jakula1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I have been in a queue for almost an hour. While I understand this is a part of a new mmo release, I am annoyed that thier planned "fix" doesn't actually address the issue they are fixing how the queue are displayed. They are not doing anything to make these queues shorter.
  • mattzbymattzby Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013

Hmmm.. Not sure if I should stay in the queue or not. I should just be getting into the game by 9:57 AM EST.
  • jakula1jakula1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013

No it isn't the patch is fixing display issues with the queue and adding a link to the gateway, this isn't fixing or improving the issue at all, adding more servers or increasing current server capacity fixes this issue.
  • bridsonjbridsonj Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I can understand the queue issues but anyone who supported the game whether it was 200$ or 60$ should have easy access and no or short wait in queue. I paid the money and participated in all the betas. My queue is 192957...seriously.
  • troyausttroyaust Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Lol @ queue position 148160
  • bridsonjbridsonj Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Even though it fluctuates from around 9000 to 190000...i've still been waiting forever.
  • strootzstrootz Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Proud founder of the Queu ..... if i knew,,, i would.... have joined the f2p army
  • aardwolfkiaardwolfki Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I asked about more shards and the queue and got a good reply here:
    http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?171001-Will-there-be-more-shards
  • ashleyaddictionashleyaddiction Member Posts: 339 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    jakula1 wrote: »
    I have been in a queue for almost an hour. While I understand this is a part of a new mmo release, I am annoyed that thier planned "fix" doesn't actually address the issue they are fixing how the queue are displayed. They are not doing anything to make these queues shorter.

Why add more servers when the most likely outcome will be a lower concurrency of players in a few weeks? It's wasted money. The same thing happens with every single MMO launch:

1. Game launches.
    2. Servers cap.
    3. Queues build up.
    4. Publisher adds more servers.
    5. Concurrency goes down.
    6. Servers become deserted.
    7. Game eventually dies (or goes free-to-play with subscription games).

Surely, a queue now is better than dead servers in a couple of months.
  • callmedeuxcallmedeux Member Posts: 182 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    **** patch coming in 90min when ive been queing up for the last 20 :(
  • desadariusdesadarius Member Posts: 65 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I sat in queue for 20 minutes just to be kicked back to log in and start over again. Now I've been in queue for 1/2 hour and I'm still at 7463. I'd say they may want to open a few more shards. Just a suggestion.
  • ambisinisterrambisinisterr Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 10,462 Community Moderator
    edited May 2013
    The shards aren't full. Nowhere near full.

The queue system itself is getting patches and upgrades. There will still be a queue but it should be faster.

I know what the notes say.
    If I'm wrong and it's not faster feel free to continue these rants afterwards.
This discussion has been closed.