test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Trickster Rogue - To defeat the impossible foe....

lordfuzunlordfuzun Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 54
edited May 2013 in PvE Discussion
I'm taking about eventual nightmare of all Trickster Rogues...Zombies. So far the combos I'm using are Path of the Blade with Blitz and using Sly Flourish and Dazing Strike to take out out. And running around like a madman and quaffing potions like there is no tomorrow until my abilities come off cooldown. Mediocre success, but it's what has kept me (mostly) alive.

How do other Rogues fight the too numerous hard hitting zombies (I still think they still do too much damage)? What are your tips and tricks and tactics?
Post edited by lordfuzun on

Comments

• kysis020kysis020 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    lordfuzun wrote: »
    I'm taking about eventual nightmare of all Trickster Rogues...Zombies. So far the combos I'm using are Path of the Blade with Blitz and using Sly Flourish and Dazing Strike to take out out. And running around like a madman and quaffing potions like there is no tomorrow until my abilities come off cooldown. Mediocre success, but it's what has kept me (mostly) alive.

How do other Rogues fight the too numerous hard hitting zombies (I still think they still do too much damage)? What are your tips and tricks and tactics?

Whell i guess rouges arnt tanks near medium , and zombies are always been in neverwinter rpg and lore , rather immum against critical hits so u wont do much dmg :)
    Currently Playing Neverwinter Online

IGN: Obscura Rouge 60 , GS 9k

Handel @Kysis020
  • rabbinicusrabbinicus Member Posts: 1,822 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    lordfuzun wrote: »

The spider-stealth charge.
    Ride my spider right up to the group, take a swing to send my mount away, hit stealth, shred the group. It can get a bit dicey when another large group joins, but otherwise works very well - especially when they start wailing on my rank 15 white cleric hireling...
    The right to command is earned through duty, the privilege of rank is service.

• thevlakathevlaka Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    this companion ranking business is baloney.
  • uberguberuberguber Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 110 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2013
    kysis020 wrote: »
    Whell i guess rouges arnt tanks near medium , and zombies are always been in neverwinter rpg and lore , rather immum against critical hits so u wont do much dmg :)

Have you been able to verify that zombies are immune to crits? I am going to look into this tonight. It may explain some issues I have been having fighting the herds of them.
    Noli sinere te ab improbis opprimi
  • isukosanisukosan Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 17
    edited April 2013
    I keep hitting them in stealth as long as I can, then I use all my combo.

So basicly, stealth, keep attacking until the end of stealth, just before the end => lashing blade on the bigger mob => impossible to catch (5 sec) and then dazing strike. it keep you safe for at least 12 sec.

My pet on the other side keep dying every fight. But it's ok as it revive full life just after the fight ;)

Works pretty good for me against these **** zombies :D

Sorry for my english.

HF :)
  • isukosanisukosan Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 17
    edited April 2013
    I keep hitting them in stealth as long as I can, then I use all my combo.

So basicly, stealth, keep attacking until the end of stealth, just before the end => lashing blade on the bigger mob => impossible to catch (5 sec) and then dazing strike. it keep you safe for at least 12 sec.

My pet on the other side keep dying every fight :D But it's ok as it revive full life just after the fight ;)

Works pretty good for me against these **** zombies :D

Sorry for my english.

HF :)
  • karst1989karst1989 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    thevlaka wrote: »
    this companion ranking business is baloney.

We're not talking about companions; we're talking about Rogues.

And I dun have my Rogue that far yet; can't tell you how to hold up against the Horde. Sorry.
  • vinnytbvinnytb Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I didn't have a problem with Zombies. Bait and Switch plus Deft Strike keeps me safe. The feat that makes your stealth last 20% longer is great. If you pop your decoy just before stealth wears off it refreshes it back to full. I have more pots left over than I know what to do with, and I don't even run the healer companion. Lurker's Assault is my primary daily, though I may use Whirlwind of Blades when zerged my trash. Lurker fills your stealth up quickly as well. If your stealth is almost out when you hit lurkers you will be full again when lurkers wears off. Then you can decoy to extend it again. I also use Lashing Blade but only hit it just before stealth drops, though path of blades works ok for groups. But mostly stuff is already dead long before it's done much damage.
  • gogolirngogolirn Member Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Using stealth as damage prevention is more and more needed as you level.
    Thus, any ability that increase/refills the stealth meter is necessary.
    That also mean you're sort of pushed toward saboteur feat tree, whether you like it or not, in order to maximize your stealth.
    Abilities wise, you're very encouraged to slot in bait and switch and later gloaming strike, leaving only 1 slot for lashing blade.
    It is a perfectly good build. Alas, it seems also we are being cornered into it if you don't want to drink potions every 2 seconds.
    Go try putting lashing blade, dazing strike, and blitz, and focusing on executor tree (crits). you'll drink a lot more potions.
    And that is something the dev in charge of class design need to change: make more builds viable.