test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Do I have the specs to play NW?

gill3009gill3009 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
edited May 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
Hi, I recently tried playing neverwinter and the graphics were autoset by the game to medium and also the cpu speed was set at low. Moreover when I turned them both to high or even both on medium, it was quite laggy and slow. I just wanted to know if I have the proper specs to play Neverwinter.

I have a Gateway ID47H and my specs are: http://support.gateway.com/s/notebook/2011/gateway/id/id47h/ID47Hsp2.shtml

2) Also when I try to play Neverwinter the launcher turns into a white screen and crashes? Any solutions to this problem.

Thanks,G3009
Post edited by gill3009 on

Comments

• Options
    emaloreemalore Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 95
    edited May 2013
  • Options
    ambisinisterrambisinisterr Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 10,462 Community Moderator
    edited May 2013
    Yes. You should be able to play with about mid-level graphics.

Read The Launcher Issue Sticky for solutions to question 2. :)
  • Options
    kilobiterkilobiter Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    You should be fine. The laptop I am running on is lower on specs than your machine, and I am running on the highest CPU speed, and low graphics(not even all the way down). For me, the biggest performance hit came from the graphics slider, not the speed. Surprising since my processor is only 2.00 GHz.
    Shenilie Shadowfoot
    Rogues - So you won't set off every trap in the dungeon.....
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Sorry which one is question number 2? Also I just reinstalled Neverwinter and the launcher crashed again and it turned white and screen popped up saying :
    "Cryptic game launcher has stopped working

A problem caused the program to stop working correctly.
    Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available."

Also, will I be able to play it on medium graphics and medium CPU speed? And is the reason why I was experiencing lagging issues because of the of the open beta launch?(This might sound like a stupid question sorry).
  • Options
    kilobiterkilobiter Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The lagging is due to server issues with the open beta launch, but you should still be able to see fluid FPS by just rotating your camera in order to judge where your sweet spot is for the graphics settings. The server lag only affects actions in game, not the way your rig handles the graphics.
    Shenilie Shadowfoot
    Rogues - So you won't set off every trap in the dungeon.....
  • Options
    ambisinisterrambisinisterr Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 10,462 Community Moderator
    edited May 2013
    Question 2:
    2) Also when I try to play Neverwinter the launcher turns into a white screen and crashes? Any solutions to this problem.

Try downloading the Neverwinter.exe file found within that thread and put it into the appropriate folder. That may fix the problem.
    If it doesn't then please post a different thread in Bug Reports.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Ya that makes sense because the graphics were quite fluid, things were just really slow.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    I downloaded the Neverwinter.exe file but the same issue keeps occuring. Launcher turns white and the same message pops up. I hope someone will aid me in finding a solution to this. thanks
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Post it in the Bug Report Section. The dev's won't see it here.

Not because they don't read this section but because there's too many threads being created in here ATM.
    It's a needle in a haystack.
    Posting it here will just get lost.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Ok thanks Ambisinisterr. I have posted it there :)