test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

On the complaints about GWF lacking damage, Just learn how to play the class?

daemi91daemi91 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 2 Arc User
edited May 2013 in PvE Discussion
Nothing wrong with the class at all, you are tanky, you can take damage and if you play it correctly, solo last bosses in instances, here is a picture of me beating a Trickster rogue in damage with over 300K landing on an end damage of 1,620,343 millions of damage.

Just learn how to play the class? Cheers! Out!

Sorry about the large image.

Solo%20dragon.png
Post edited by daemi91 on

Comments

• Options
    coldfusion1122coldfusion1122 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The class don't scale for **** from 1-35. There i already made your "Nothing wrong with the class" argument pointless.

Good day
  • Options
    daemi91daemi91 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    How nice, that means we do not need to have <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> asses like you playing the class.

Good day to you as well!
  • Options
    gallohgalloh Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The class don't scale for **** from 1-35. There i already made your "Nothing wrong with the class" argument pointless.

Good day

This.

Scaling is truly dreadful on the GWF. It makes for a very frustrating introduction to the class. It doesn't even begin to get into it's stride until you start putting points into your paragon path.
  • Options
    unjustbladeunjustblade Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 91
    edited May 2013
    daemi91 wrote: »
    Nothing wrong with the class at all, you are tanky, you can take damage and if you play it correctly, solo last bosses in instances, here is a picture of me beating a Trickster rogue in damage with over 300K landing on an end damage of 1,620,343 millions of damage.

Just learn how to play the class? Cheers! Out!

Sorry about the large image.

Solo%20dragon.png

That's great. However, you trying to make the entire situation of a GWF having the worst damage modifiers of any class, not having an effective tactical skill and constantly having to eat damage seem like an okay thing isn't. Why should levels 1-35 be an absolute nightmare while every other class is viable from the beginning? Why does a GWF inflict less damage on it's single target (Sure Strike) than a GF's Cleave, even when a GWF has twice the base damage on it's weapon, less hp and less armor and a much less reliable tactical ability?

I'm happy for your success. Just know that it's a fluke.
  • Options
    crshdcrshd Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 35
    edited May 2013
    How does that screen prove anything ?

We don't know what gear the players had, we don't know if they are any good not to mention a size sample of 1 (one) can prove just about nothing.
  • Options
    coldfusion1122coldfusion1122 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    daemi91 wrote: »
    How nice, that means we do not need to have <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> asses like you playing the class.

Good day to you as well!

You seem mad, Why don't you take a seat over there and talk about it?
  • Options
    realpureshadowrealpureshadow Member Posts: 90
    edited May 2013
    Maybe the Rogue was just clicking 1 button, went to answer the door for pizza, used the restroom a few times. Wouldn't you have more screenshots if you beat Rogues regularly?

My GWF reaches over 9000 in queue.

over9000.jpg
  • Options
    the1tiggletthe1tigglet Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 1
    edited May 2013
    Same goes for the cleric, the class really doesn't shine in the amount of DPS it is capable of until the paragon paths open up. I think this should be corrected because before they made the changes to the progression, once we got an ability it did quite decent damage without having to put multiple points in it. It progressed well in that the numbers seemed to be way higher in these builds. (not to mention the availability of the skills) which i think has hurt the classes not improved them. Quite a number of skills were missing on my toon in BWE4 that I had at that same level before they added the skill distribution system and I think since they have such a severely limited number of skills in these classes that they've nerfed them greatly in the early levels. (1-35) so the point of these classes not doing what they should is valid.
  • Options
    eyepatchdudeeyepatchdude Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Actually.. that dragon fight is probably pretty good for a GWF.. Lots of adds, and a decent amount of AoE damage from GWF.. I'd like to see him put up similar numbers in a Skirmish though..
  • Options
    kaz92kaz92 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Looks like OP top damaged for the first time, gz man!
  • Options
    guktergukter Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Tbh I personally find my GWF quite enjoyable, even though I'm only around ~25 or so. As I know it will get better, and I know that there are loads of people who only whine. Whine whine whine. And when I do succeed in proving the point that a GWF can be good in what he does, I do enjoy them. Very, very much.
  • Options
    mconosrepmconosrep Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    gukter wrote: »
    Tbh I personally find my GWF quite enjoyable, even though I'm only around ~25 or so. As I know it will get better, and I know that there are loads of people who only whine. Whine whine whine. And when I do succeed in proving the point that a GWF can be good in what he does, I do enjoy them. Very, very much.

Lighten up a bit, you actually proved nothing with a sample size of ONE. Posting a screenshot from a dungeon which is one of the most favourable for the GWF and saying "See I got top place - there can't be anything wrong with the class it's just that I am great and you aren't" isn't really proof.

Enough people have got their GWF up to the mid-thirties to know that until then the GWF is horribly underpowered in almost all circumstances against other classes. The discussion isn't whether you can actually get around this very occasionally, but that Cryptic should adjust that leveling experience a bit. As for later levels we will have to wait a bit to get more info and see how they compare.