test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

If you are European and have lag, here's a tip!

imivoimivo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1,682 Bounty Hunter
edited May 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
If you are in Europe and you notice lag (besides what is normal due to the network issues that the update later today addresses), something you can try is this: In the launcher, go into the options and change the proxy from "none" to "EU". This resolved the latency issues I had when the headstart began, and it's been super ever since.

It may not fix your lag, but it is worth trying. :)
Unsure about skills and feats? Check the Master List of Class Builds!
Post edited by imivo on

Comments

• wolfganaamadeuswolfganaamadeus Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I did that from the beginning yesterday it was just to much people.Thanks for telling this anyway :) It
  • pesehashpesehash Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    And where is that proxy option ?
  • ashleyaddictionashleyaddiction Member Posts: 339 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I did not know this, thank you very much!

Edit:
    pesehash wrote: »
    And where is that proxy option ?

In the Launcher, on the top left, there's some links. There should be an "options" link. Click it and it'll open a little options window, the Proxy drop down is in there.
    edited May 2013
    ty i did that now, i hope now it works better , cuz last night i had over 180 ping :(
  • pixxaronepixxarone Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    ty i did that now, i hope now it works better , cuz last night i had over 180 ping :(

WHAT!?

180 ping and you cry ?. Are you stupid or something ? 180 in a mmo is just fine at this server load.
    Come back crying when you begin to have 500-1000 then you lagg. You have zero lagg at 180.....
  • ashleyaddictionashleyaddiction Member Posts: 339 Arc User
    edited May 2013

Yeah, it's not good :( PWE should've made this more clear for those in Europe.

Edit:
    pixxarone wrote: »
    WHAT!?

180 ping and you cry ?. Are you stupid or something ? 180 in a mmo is just fine at this server load.
    Come back crying when you begin to have 500-1000 then you lagg. You have zero lagg at 180.....

In an action MMO, where dodging/blocking and/or moving about is required, 180 ping is the difference between dodging and dying. If this was a point-click MMO, I would be saying the same as you...
    edited May 2013
    WHAT!?

I am a TANK you, and i never had over 90 ping in any other mmo, not even in guild wars 2 , so don't tell me that 180 ping is good cuz last night even if i block the damage recived , i still lose hp ...
  • ajemiaajemia Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Hmm dont dare to try now, since gonna have to queue again ;)
  • random1285random1285 Member Posts: 18
    edited May 2013
    I had a similar problem in Champions Online that was supposed to be fixed with switching the proxy, unfortunately, it did not work in addition to a myriad of other trouble shooting efforts.Anyways after some heavy testing, I suspected that my ISP was traffic shaping. Told them about the issue with Champions Online and I guess it was fixed because I never saw the problem again afterwards.
    edited May 2013
    ok , i test this option and it's not soo good , i have over 220+ now :(
  • daxx360daxx360 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    After having just tried this myself, I couldn't even connect to the character select screen. Reverted it to using no proxy and I am able to play the queue bouncing number game again. I like to take a shot every time the number shoots up instead of going down. While fun at first, I fear I might die before the maintenance later on.
  • krixx73krixx73 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    same as daxx, Eu Proxy is fishy
  • potatopowerdpotatopowerd Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    What kind of shots you taking draxx? sounds like a fun game lol
  • amphrax85amphrax85 Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Thanks for the tip, will do this next time because no way in hell im gonna wait another hour for queue :p
  • daxx360daxx360 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Sadly I'm on the Jager at the moment, I've already drunk all of the Sambucca. Though I feel if I finish this bottle of Jager I may actually throw up, not good when you think it's only just gone 10:30am here
  • damond5damond5 Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I wonder why the launcher doesnt just automatically set the appropriate proxy..
  • epmd2epmd2 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    How the eF should i know, if im having lag.. when im stuck for 5h (day 1 and day 2 now) in the queue?

So far, no lag here.....
  • ohrobinvanpersieohrobinvanpersie Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    WHAT!?

What an absolutely <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> reply. It never ceases to amuse me when the dumbest person in a thread is the one who tries to insult another person's intelligence.
  • bobvanschmokbobvanschmok Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    WHAT!?

In Germany we are used to play online games with pings of 20ms - maximum 80ms , 180ms is not acceptable. Word.
  • imivoimivo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1,682 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    In Germany we are used to play online games with pings of 20ms - maximum 80ms , 180ms is not acceptable. Word.

The servers are on the West Coast. I get sub-200ms ping, and it really does not matter in this game. It is an action RPG, but there are delays anyway (getting rooted when you perform a skill, etc.). It's honestly not an issue. Now, if it were a shooter ...

Sorry it's not working for everyone. :( Changing the proxy to EU made a major difference for me.
    Unsure about skills and feats? Check the Master List of Class Builds!
  • ganjaman1ganjaman1 Member Posts: 792 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I just don't get one thing , why is one of my accounts bound to Eu proxy 2 and the otherone to Eu proxy 1 lol ? :D Does anyone else got the same wierd " bond" ?
  • boojakaboojaka Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I got rid of the lag issues by switching my server to Beholder. No lag at all and around the 20-30ping.
    Barbarian.jpg
  • ganjaman1ganjaman1 Member Posts: 792 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    boojaka wrote: »
    I got rid of the lag issues by switching my server to Beholder. No lag at all and around the 20-30ping.

Beholder = new server ?
  • asdfqwertysasdfqwertys Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    This "proxy" choice does nothing really..Too bad..200ms gaming ftw!
  • kaltoumkaltoum Member Posts: 160 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I am a TANK you stupid <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>, and i never had over 90 ping in any other mmo, not even in guild wars 2 , so don't tell me that 180 ping is good cuz last night even if i block the damage recived , i still lose hp ... so plz go away and cry to youre mother .

I have tanked and healed perfectly even at 250 to 300 MS. ;)

Good players adapt.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • anotherwinkleanotherwinkle Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I'd be more than happy with 180ms, last night i had a ping bouncing between 1-2k. I regularly received the red text message at the top of the screen telling me my game hadn't updated for 6+seconds.

If you happen to have 200ms or less i'd count yourself lucky.
  • infi321infi321 Member Posts: 311 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    so plz go away and cry to youre mother .

If you want to flame people atleast try to spell correctly, "kid".
    "Your story may not last forever; but it will exist forever"
  • psendaronpsendaron Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 43
    edited May 2013
    imivo wrote: »
    If you are in Europe and you notice lag (besides what is normal due to the network issues that the update later today addresses), something you can try is this: In the launcher, go into the options and change the proxy from "none" to "EU". This resolved the latency issues I had when the headstart began, and it's been super ever since.

It may not fix your lag, but it is worth trying. :)

Most useful tip EVER!
    Thx a bunch. Wish there was a way to tip you some AD for this :cool:
    "Don't change colour to match the walls.
    Look like you belong and the walls will change colour to match you."

- Kender Proverb