test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

How do you enter dungeon

aciddrop69aciddrop69 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 3 Arc User
edited May 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
I get my first lvl 8 quest for dungeon require party of 5, no sparkling dust to follow, just cant seem to find what to do
Post edited by aciddrop69 on

Comments

• tfangeltfangel Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Hit the K key, and it will show you that you can sign up to join it. It will group you with random strangers and you get teleported there right away, no running there and back.
  • powersoulpowersoul Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Sigh, I hate auto group functions. Just because WoW did it does not mean its good. If anything, WoW is a perfect example of how it kills community interaction.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ambisinisterrambisinisterr Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 10,462 Community Moderator
    edited May 2013
    You can always join up with a group of friends or join the queue with a party.
  • powersoulpowersoul Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    You can always join up with a group of friends or join the queue with a party.

Same for any game, with or without a LFG/LFR system. My point stands.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • lauro86lauro86 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    powersoul wrote: »
    Sigh, I hate auto group functions. Just because WoW did it does not mean its good. If anything, WoW is a perfect example of how it kills community interaction.

in wow... why always comparing sigh anyway.. have you TRY getting a Guild or a group of Friends?
    edited May 2013
    lauro86 wrote: »
    in wow... why always comparing sigh anyway.. have you TRY getting a Guild or a group of Friends?

You clearly missed the point of my post.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • dariuscstarrdariuscstarr Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Then enlighten us, o great one.
    9.jpg
  • mrlee9569mrlee9569 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 78
    edited May 2013

And after WoW did it, then LotRO, STO, SWTOR, RIFT, ECT ECT did it and those communities are fine. (I don't have any problems there anyways)

Like one poster said, get some friends dude.
  • ssjrrssjrr Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013

Seriously? He was saying he didn't like auto-group functions because to him it takes away from the sense of community in the game. People then proceeded to tell him if he didn't like the auto-group he could always join a guild or get friends, which was his exact preference to begin with.

Being told to do the exact thing one wants to do as a form of advice is funny lol.
    edited May 2013
    mrlee9569 wrote: »
    And after WoW did it, then LotRO, STO, SWTOR, RIFT, ECT ECT did it and those communities are fine. (I don't have any problems there anyways)

Like one poster said, get some friends dude.

Or you can reread what he wrote and realize you're suggesting to him what he prefers already.
    edited May 2013

While convenient, the LFG/LFR systems some MMOs have been adopting all end up having a negative impact on communities. There is no good way to filter the system so that you won't get burned by a player you've never played with before since reputation is no longer a factor.

Without LFG/LFR systems, players are more encouraged to find static groups to play with, in or outside of guilds. This results in a more interactive community where the reputation of players becomes more well considered.

One example is that the system in place makes it far easier for players who like to steal loot they don't need to get away with it without any possible repercussions.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited May 2013
    ssjrr wrote: »
    Seriously? He was saying he didn't like auto-group functions because to him it takes away from the sense of community in the game. People then proceeded to tell him if he didn't like the auto-group he could always join a guild or get friends, which was his exact preference to begin with.

Being told to do the exact thing one wants to do as a form of advice is funny lol.

Thank you, reading comprehension prevails with some after all :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited May 2013
    Thank you, reading comprehension prevails with some after all :)

I sort of imagine the conversation as such:

"I hate Steak. I think it should be outlawed. I like Chicken though."

To which someone responds, "Why not eat Chicken then if you hate Steak?"

To which I would say puzzled, "I already am? That's why I said I like it???"

People kept telling you to do something you already wanted instead of talking about your reason for posting in the first place. lol.
    edited May 2013
    I sort of imagine the conversation as such:

"I hate Steak. I think it should be outlawed. I like Chicken though."

To which someone responds, "Why not eat Chicken then if you hate Steak?"

To which I would say puzzled, "I already am?"

People kept telling you to do something you already wanted instead of talking about your reason for posting in the first place. lol.

People just fail to understand that LFG/LFR system is only there to support players who don't have a guild or friends to play with.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited May 2013
    People just fail to understand that LFG/LFR system is only there to support players who don't have a guild or friends to play with.

I recognize why it was implemented (you explained it well), but even as a kid seeing Everquest I saw the kind of community you are talking about and in some ways I too think it is far superior to relying too much on a LFG-finder.

I think as more people could play Computer Games, like MMOs, the need to appeal to more players occurred. I'm not sure if there's a way to balance the two.
    edited May 2013
    I recognize why it was implemented (you explained it well), but even as a kid seeing Everquest I saw the kind of community you are talking about and in some ways I too think it is far superior to relying too much on a LFG-finder.

I think as more people could play Computer Games, like MMOs, the need to appeal to more players occurred. I'm not sure if there's a way to balance the two.

For me it was FFXI. Didn't take long to know who you should avoid, considering how it was hardcore group dependent. One way to balance the lack of LFR/LFG systems is to have good content available for solo gameplay. So that it is a choice to group up rather than a requirement.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • jivundusjivundus Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    If you knew the ability to group the old fashioned why was there why complain about the "new" way. Smells like bait to me.
  • ashleyaddictionashleyaddiction Member Posts: 339 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Question: How could the Neverwinter devs make the LFD (group finder) social?

I'm pretty certain they wouldn't remove it, and I actually like the feature, but I do agree with most that it takes away from the social aspect of games. So, how could they make it social?
    edited May 2013
    jivundus wrote: »
    If you knew the ability to group the old fashioned why was there why complain about the "new" way. Smells like bait to me.

Unless you've experienced a game that had a very interactive community, you wouldn't understand.
    Question: How could the Neverwinter devs make the LFD (group finder) social?

I'm pretty certain they wouldn't remove it, and I actually like the feature, but I do agree with most that it takes away from the social aspect of games. So, how could they make it social?

Hard to say. Maybe a reputation system similar to what they use in Dota 2. Where if you group with a player and he does well or isn't a total <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> then you could give them a type of commend point, something other players can see when the LFD system groups you with them but doesn't immediately send you into the dungeon so you have time to deny it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • turkman84turkman84 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The wow community wasn't that good before the lfg tool. And I must say, I loved the tool. I was one of the many people who found that it was a pain in the butt to get a group going before the tool. After all, standing around for an hour doing nothing but whispering players of class x and y if they would like to tank/heal your dungeon is not a fun experience.
    A queueing system, if implemented correctly, is always beneficial. Sure, it does have its downsides, but they are vastly outweighed by the benefits.