test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

No Audio - USB Headphones

mythdrannor32mythdrannor32 Member Posts: 44 Arc User
edited May 2013 in Bug Reports (PC)
I have a set of Corsair Vengeance USB headphones. I have had these through out beta + Alpha and they have worked fine.
In the game there is no audio at all. In the audio options it shows "Unknown" as the output device. yet, in the options for Voice Chat it recognised the input as Corsair Vengeance USB and the output as Corsair Vengeance USB?

No other options in the drop down menu.

Tests fine out of game.

Nobody wants to play a game with no sound.
Stormfyre03-1.png
Post edited by mythdrannor32 on

Comments

• kelestrakelestra Member, Moonstars, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 82
    edited April 2013
    I have the same issue here; the only work around I have is that I have to disable ALL my other sound devices so that my Corsair Vengeance is the ONLY sound device available.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Multi-Gaming Community Founded in 1999 ~ Casual/Hardcore Friendly ~ Ages 21+ Preferred
    Enjoy our Community @ www.vigilantaddiction.com & http://www.twitch.tv/team/vigilantaddiction
  • kidmartiankidmartian Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    same. this needs a fix
  • ticcyticcy Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Same happened with my headphones.. Be sure to log out, close the client and restart it with your headphones in, may not work although it seemed to for me.
    - ticcy
    Emporium Leader
  • darkfie1ddarkfie1d Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Well I'm sure you all know this but just in case, whenever I get this problem, I go to Playback Devices and set my headphones to default output device. Does the trick for me.

Note that you might need to restart your game, it's probably because the game only loads default I/O at launch and cannot change due to not having an option for it in sound options. I don't know myself since my game wont launch at the moment.
  • shiryworminhoshiryworminho Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I have the same problem, but my headset is p2p... :(

fix it pls *-*
  • xisraelxisrael Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Hey I had the same problem and I've managed to fix it. Ill tell you everything I did in order to fix it.
    1: Ive tired both on and of (in windows) Compability mode on win XP / Off worked.
    2: Changed my device quality both speaker and microphone / Or the lowest quality or the default. (Got it from other game which acted the same)
    3: launched game in Administrator mode.
    4: Not sure but turned off any device off such as Stereomix, front mic, frond Headphones.

I hope it helps you as is helped me.
  • crazyn0madcrazyn0mad Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I have the same problem, with vengeance 1500