test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Youd think a company with a reputation

forsakenlich1forsakenlich1 Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
edited May 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
would care about not making its customers feel stupid and cheated

i bought a greater health stone yesterday

only to find today that i get one in the adventurers helper pack along with scrolls of rez, xp boost, and a bunch of other stuff.

my bad for not looking? not if you care about the customer. i wouldnt assume that a company would let me get stupid. I needed healing saw it as the only healing item and bought it.

now i feel like i wasted a LOT of money

why not put a disclaimer saying its available in the helper pack? why even charge the same amount right now as the helper pack when it and a bunch of other valuable stuff i also included?
Post edited by forsakenlich1 on

Comments

• toadoflickingtoadoflicking Member Posts: 168 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    You bought the helper pack. You should know what came with it. The breakdown of what's in that pack is right there on the Founder Pack page.
  • saintxiisaintxii Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 100
    edited April 2013
    if you play this for the long haul. you will eventually be buying another one. Are you referring to the 15 dollars version that has 200 charges vs the 5 dollar green version which is only 50 charges?
  • astaziaastazia Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 51
    edited April 2013
    PW? Reputation? It certainly has one....
  • forsakenlich1forsakenlich1 Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    You bought the helper pack. You should know what came with it. The breakdown of what's in that pack is right there on the Founder Pack page.
    saintxii wrote: »
    if you play this for the long haul. you will eventually be buying another one. Are you referring to the 15 dollars version that has 200 charges vs the 5 dollar green version which is only 50 charges?

i think its pretty clear what i am saying

i bought the 200 charges health stone for 1500 zen initially yesterday. i wanted health i saw it i bought it

today i find that for the SAME price the helper pack INCLUDES it and has like 1kZen worth of other items

i got screwed out of 1k worth of items because i didnt check other items of the strange offchance that they included this item already for the same price while giving me other stuff at the same time...
  • thetacoofdoomthetacoofdoom Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I'm sorry but this is completely your fault. You should know what's in your pack that you bought. Also, you should've claimed your goods like every other normal person. It would make no sense to put a notification in the store like you said.
  • demonical3demonical3 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 49
    edited April 2013
    how... exactly is this the companys fault? You decided to buy that... same as you decided to buy the helper package.. what do you exspect a message when you try to buy "You alread have one of these! You sure you want another?" Stop blaming others for your own mistake?
  • jetpackjackjetpackjack Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    So, to be clear--you would be happier if you DIDN'T get a health stone for free in your helper pack.
  • zakuno1zakuno1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I'm so happy this thread started positively. Anyway what happened isn't cryptic's fault. It's yours buddy. You didn't get cheated or screwed. You just didn't pay attention.
  • sinbornsinborn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I don't think we'll ever have a cash shop that can take returns.

But seriously, give this thread a medal. I haven't laughed this hard in a long time.
  • gaymer87gaymer87 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 291 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2013
    In terms of customer service they should refund it back to you and allow you to purchase something else. Simple fact is you still spent money. Now if you're asking for a refund...that is iffy to say the least.
    I do have to agree that you should've did a bit more research, but mistakes happen. Learn from it and don't buy anything else from them or buy less.
    This is my first game with PWE and my last. I'd choose NCSoft over PWE and I HATE NCsoft.
    *~Ezenkrul Kor'hedron -Drow Sorcerer~* **on hold**
    *~Serixil Kor'hedron- Drow Trickster~*
  • crenmac69crenmac69 Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I read this and think of the lady that sued McDonald's because her coffee was hot.

Seriously, are we a society of people that have a sense of entitlement and can't think/decide for ourselves and when our decisions based on our lack of "doing the work" adversely affect us, we blame others??

If you don't take the time to do the research or read all available options, then only you are to blame.
  • wakerglasswakerglass Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 56
    edited May 2013
    this ... this is just. i - this. i can't.
  • nemesis788450nemesis788450 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    its written on the front page of the packs whats in the helpers box so.... shame on you for not reading
  • maroscimarosci Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    So, to be clear--you would be happier if you DIDN'T get a health stone for free in your helper pack.

^^^

Sad, isn't it?
  • vegas6614vegas6614 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 39
    edited May 2013
    astazia wrote: »
    PW? Reputation? It certainly has one....
    Very true, depending on what the OP meant I guess. Not a good rep... unless he's talking Cryptic, which is arguably worse.
  • sinbornsinborn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    crenmac69 wrote: »
    I read this and think of the lady that sued McDonald's because her coffee was hot.

The coffee was hot enough to cause third degree burns. Most coffee would only be hot enough to cause first degree burns. Yeah, sure, you're at fault for dropping coffee on yourself, but nobody reasonably expects to require a skin graft afterwards from the resulting damage.

The only comparable situation would be if this guy bought the 20 dollar pack, realized that he bought the wrong item, and was subsequently charged for a HotN pack in the process.
  • jebrowskijebrowski Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    This reminds me of a guy after Defiance launched that went to the store, bought a Game card to get their version of zen with a giant PC logo on the card, then claims he got ripped off because it only gave him PC creds and he couldn't get them for his PS3 version instead. Because it wasn't his fault that he didn't understand what the giant PC logo meant.
  • ambisinisterrambisinisterr Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 10,462 Community Moderator
    edited May 2013
    Ok. Closing this one up.

Yes he should have read but there was no need to jump down his throat or insult him.

I would really, really like to get in game to play but if I leave for even a few minutes I find a mess like this. :(
This discussion has been closed.