test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

A few simple requests: Log to char select - Trade Chat - Buff Bars.

mythdrannor32mythdrannor32 Member Posts: 44 Arc User
edited May 2013 in PvE Discussion
A few simple items are missing from the basics of the game / UI.

1. Buff bars that are manageable and timers. Nothing spectacular. I like the minimal approach you have taken.

2. When you log out, rather than Exit to windows, why can it not log you to character select like all other games?

3. A "Trade" chat channel is needed pronto. A default that people can post trades and when the start spamming /zone we can kindly remind them to take it to the trade channel. Profession folks etc looking for gear can monitor it at choice.

Appreciate it.
Stormfyre03-1.png
Post edited by mythdrannor32 on

Comments

• captianingoldcaptianingold Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I like your ideas and agree, really want to log out to char screen
  • andervinandervin Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 35
    edited April 2013
    A few simple items are missing from the basics of the game / UI.

1. Buff bars that are manageable and timers. Nothing spectacular. I like the minimal approach you have taken.

2. When you log out, rather than Exit to windows, why can it not log you to character select like all other games AND NOT HAVE TO SIT IN ANOTHER TWO HOUR QUEUE?

3. A "Trade" chat channel is needed pronto. A default that people can post trades and when the start spamming /zone we can kindly remind them to take it to the trade channel. Profession folks etc looking for gear can monitor it at choice.

Appreciate it.

FTFY /10char
  • desaanukdesaanuk Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    These are very basic features, one wonders why such simple elements are missing from the game entirely.
  • arktronarktron Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    yes. /10bananas
  • jeffnsylmarjeffnsylmar Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    yes please... all of these are good, reasonable suggestions.
  • ambisinisterrambisinisterr Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 10,462 Community Moderator
    edited April 2013
    Great Requests.

The queue issue is going away but not having to enter my password over and over again would be sweet.
    Trade chat isn't really necessary. You can make your own custom ones so I'm sure we'll see some trade guilds form up and create their own trade chat channels. :D

Edit - And look, we have the first Trade Chat Channel. Read this thread!

To the person who's post got removed. Check your PM's for the answer. ;)
  • magnifyinglensmagnifyinglens Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013

2. When you log out, rather than Exit to windows, why can it not log you to character select like all other games?

Appreciate it.

Please. This. I wondered in beta why, since STO has it, Neverwinter didn't.

I still have no idea, and with the queues this destroys the playability of alts (and the accumulation of Celestial coins).

I know they're working on the queues and that issue will most likely be fixed soon, but it's ridiculous that a log-in is required. And the "remember log-in" function isn't working for me either, it puts my @handle in the account field.

So, in short:

fix plzkthx

-Lens
  • realsk2011realsk2011 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    +1 to OP, /signed and /voted for.
    9.jpg
  • tfangeltfangel Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Please. This. I wondered in beta why, since STO has it, Neverwinter didn't.

if i remember right, STO used to do it exactly like it happens here, but changed at some point. Hopefully they get it happening, it's pretty annoying.
  • dominemesisdominemesis Member Posts: 269 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Since recommendations are being made, I like the OP's suggestions and I have one of my own. The NPC's who give quests and appear in cut scenes all seem pretty lifeless. Quest givers don't shift, fidget, use their arms at all, and barely move their mouths (the ones not obscured under full helmets anyway). Animating them a bit more and making body and mouth movements a bit more pronounced when they are speaking would go along way to help immersion imo. Thanks.
  • chaelkchaelk Member Posts: 5,727 Arc User
    edited May 2013
  • grayimpactgrayimpact Member Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    You can go to character select by saying
    gotocharacterselect in chat ( No / or anything, just the words )

You can also bind it to a key with the command /bind yourkeyhere gotocharacterselect
    and then pressing that key. Note that it only works if you wait for the timer to expire, if you click exit now, you will go to the login screen as usual.
  • xrel1xxrel1x Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 32
    edited May 2013
    grayimpact wrote: »
    You can go to character select by saying
    gotocharacterselect in chat ( No / or anything, just the words )

You can also bind it to a key with the command /bind yourkeyhere gotocharacterselect
    and then pressing that key. Note that it only works if you wait for the timer to expire, if you click exit now, you will go to the login screen as usual.

Not sure if quotation marks and caps are important, but I saw in another thread a command that I use.

/bind Numpad4 "gotocharacterselect"

If you type that in your console (on each character) your numberpad 4 will bring you to character select after 15 seconds.
  • grayimpactgrayimpact Member Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    xrel1x wrote: »
    Not sure if quotation marks and caps are important, but I saw in another thread a command that I use.

/bind Numpad4 "gotocharacterselect"

If you type that in your console (on each character) your numberpad 4 will bring you to character select after 15 seconds.

Quotation marks don't matter no :) I use it without, they're usually only used for things with spaces in them, like whispering someone with a first and last name with a space in between.