test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

NPC volume control

demiurgerealmdemiurgerealm Member Posts: 109 Bounty Hunter
edited April 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
We need a separate volume control so we can diminish the repetitive chatter that overwhelms us if we stand for any length of time in town.
-Agent of Satan, but my duties are largely ceremonial.

Realm of the Demiurge Foundry Works

Neverwinter isn't D&D, it is a MMO based on a game that uses D&D terms but isn't really D&D either. NW is fun (for that matter so is 4E), but it isn't D&D, and once you wrap your expectations around that you will be able to enjoy the game for what it offers and not worry about what it does not.

Comments

• Options
    stereocyclopsstereocyclops Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 33
    edited April 2013
    Hell yes!

I like the environmental sound, but I end up muting as soon as I enter a village campfire area.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    rapticorrapticor Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,078 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    We need a separate volume control so we can diminish the repetitive chatter that overwhelms us if we stand for any length of time in town.

There is... Sort of. It's NPC Voice (or similar) in audio options. However this also turns off things like quest dialog. It was brought up during the beta weekends that the NPCs repeat the same stuff over and over way too frequently. It got so maddening that I just turned off NPC voice and never turned it back on. I doubt that's what the developers intended people to do but I'd be surprised if I was the only one who did that.