test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Charactor Slots

yaktongyaktong Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 3 Arc User
edited May 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
Ok I am a bit lost with the system used here. I have never seen one like this before.

What i am used to is all servers character slots to be separate per server, an ability to open all char slots on servers to a max of classes offered. (8 in most cases) via a one time buy the game option.

What i have read so far is all servers share your character limit, so for free players, you can make 2 chars only, they can be on different servers but you can not make more then 2.

The foundry packs all offer different character limits and none offer the ability to open all character slots and certainly not per server.

As a person that love alts and always plays on more then one server with friends (most times maxing out that char slots per server), this limit and options chosen with this game are enough to make me not interested in playing it. I understand there is the option to buy an extra character slot but I do not see an option to open all character slots up.

I know if it remains this way, people will walk away from this game and i will be one of them. Since this is still beta i ask you to consider changing the way this is done. This is certainly a big issue to me.
Post edited by yaktong on

Comments

• Options
    pwthebestpwthebest Member Posts: 48
    edited April 2013
    Perfect World is a great company, they have allowed people to try a few characters, if you want more, they allow you to purchase per slots to better enhance your game experience.
  • Options
    ravenrabbitravenrabbit Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 127 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2013
    Considering their plan is to make it one big server, you have no worries about not being able to play with friends. :)

Also, you can purchase up to 50 character slots.
  • Options
    naztrollnaztroll Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 59
    edited April 2013
    Buy more through the market or ... make a new email account and register, giving you 2 more character slots ... want 2 more after that ? Make a third email account. Personally I'll buy the slots, however, I am aware not everyone has money to spend.
    18.jpg
  • Options
    mic281mic281 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 115 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2013
    Character slots are two for $5. That is a small price to pay for such a vast and free game. You can also get Zen for free by doing surveys and other stuff. Take 30 minutes a few days a week to do a survery, By the time you are bored with your two toons you will have enough Zen for two more.
  • Options
    blooddathblooddath Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Yeah... A big 25000 person server... That seems legit...
  • Options
    terradraconisterradraconis Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    You get 2 slots for free. Every slot after that costs the equivalent in Zen of $5.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    tonyacttonyact Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    blooddath wrote: »
    No reason why not - Eve Online often has more than 50,000 people on the one server at the same time.
  • Options
    clannamuirclannamuir Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 217 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2013
    You get 2 slots for free. Every slot after that costs the equivalent in Zen of $5.

I assume that there is some way to make money in game (other than questing). If you can buy the slots in-game and use the Zen you've made in-game, then there's no complaint, other than the inflation that always hits shortly after a game starts.
  • Options
    tgnetblaisetgnetblaise Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Just make anoither account.. I have like 3 perfect world accounts that use to play games.. I've had them for years... That character limit doesn't mean much..... Just about everything in game is for one character not for whole account... But there are some items...
  • Options
    tonyacttonyact Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    clannamuir wrote: »
    I assume that there is some way to make money in game (other than questing). If you can buy the slots in-game and use the Zen you've made in-game, then there's no complaint, other than the inflation that always hits shortly after a game starts.
    No idea if there is or isn't - but just curious why you make that assumption? They need to make cash somehow.
  • Options
    yaktongyaktong Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    For me it is not a money issue, it is more of a package issue, I am not used to not having the ability to unlock all character slots by either buying the game or paying a monthly fee.

I fully understand this is a ftp game and they need to make money with their store, it just seems a bit greedy to me not to offer a better package then they do. At the end of the day it is totally up to them how they manage this and what format to use, i can only hope they understand what i am saying here.
  • Options
    terradraconisterradraconis Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    clannamuir wrote: »

Well you can Trade Astral Diamonds for Zen in the market. That depends on what conversion rate the player offering the zen puts on it though.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    zakuno1zakuno1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    blooddath wrote: »

They already do it with Champions and Star Trek. Weeeee for facts.
  • Options
    clannamuirclannamuir Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 217 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    tonyact wrote: »
    No idea if there is or isn't - but just curious why you make that assumption? They need to make cash somehow.

PWI has systems in a couple of other games where you can buy Zen with in-game coin. They make the cash off of the players who buy zen or items and sell them in game.
  • Options
    lottiemclottiemc Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013

As previously stated in the thread (but, it bears repeating, it appears to me) five ($5 USD) dollars in Zen will buy you TWO character slots. Not a bad price, imo, not a bad price, at all.

Lottie

edit for punctuation
  • Options
    masonity84masonity84 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Firstly, you can have one of every class plus a spare slot for $10. Less than a months sub on most MMOs.

Secondly, pretty soon there will only be one server anyway.

Thirdly, one "server" doesn't mean one physical server. Remember the game is instanced. There could be 100 servers, but only one in game server. 20 servers could be dealing with dungeons, 20 for skirmishes, and 5 for 20 different instanced zones. Remember, you might not end up in the same "Blacklake" that everyone else is in, if there are too many people for one version you end up with blacklake_1 and blacklake_2. If you team with someone, you'll join them. If not, you'll only see people in the version you are thrown into that particular time.
  • Options
    varakkysvarakkys Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    yaktong wrote: »
    I fully understand this is a ftp game and they need to make money with their store, it just seems a bit greedy to me not to offer a better package then they do. At the end of the day it is totally up to them how they manage this and what format to use, i can only hope they understand what i am saying here.
    It's greedy of them to give you the entire game for free?? Really????? Talk about entitlement...