test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

wintersbrethwintersbreth Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
edited April 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
How is it that i payed money for a free game to be a founder and when the OPEN beta start i am 7000 in queue. wtf as i recall having priority over no founders was part of the deal.

Comments

• elenoe8elenoe8 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    wait for a while, was 7000 as well, then it jumps to 45000 :)
  • tumtummtumtumm Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    This is some BS I really think people who paid should all get in before the F2P people, Plus why would your servers suck so bad as to have a 41000 person Que
  • mxmissile1mxmissile1 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    you'd think a game run by chinese would be able to handle more people, them being chinese and all...
  • zedfighterzedfighter Member Posts: 93 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I'm 36754th in queue =\

EDIT: Okay, it dropped to 6000.

Still not acceptable to sit in queue behind people who didn't pay up front.

Edit: Doh! Back to 36k plus.
  • whodouthinkuriamwhodouthinkuriam Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Also in queue here at about 38000! lol

I only heard about the game by chance, and I would like to try the game, hopefully the queue will be reduced at some point after the big rush to get into the "launch".
  • tyriatyria Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 2
    edited April 2013
    1. Its a FTP game
    2. the 3 (count them again 3) servers that are up, are the same servers used during closed Beta and the Beta Weekends.
    3. Its a FP Game, meaning at LEAST 5000 of those 7000 in line are Gold-farmer bots trying to log in so they can spam their RMT websites (gods, if i knew a 'safe' way to contact them.. i'd pay Anonymus 1000$ to DNS attack the major RMT websites....)
    4. Apparently PW didn't realize that when you go into an 'open beta'... you need more than 3 servers.. no matter how much 'sharding' there is. Especially with a greatly anticipated, and large-following title Franchise such as Neverwinter.

5. Im just happy i got the character name i wanted =) Though even i (who have been in countless beta's and launches for MMO's from back in the Shadowbane/Ultima/Earth and Beyond days... all threw Planetside 2 and Firefall) am flat shocked to see a multiple THOUSAND long line to get into a 'open' beta.... this is more a 'stress-test' for their login server than a beta for the game itself.
  • medicatedmonkmedicatedmonk Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    The queue will randomly jump up, but that number is not an accurate reflection of your place in line.
  • theref1theref1 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    This is bull****, I've been queueing for hours, and its still at 7300
  • ringshotringshot Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    tyria wrote: »
    1. Its a FTP game

IMHO that is never a valid excuse. This game like any other is run by a business out to make money. It isn't the billing structure that is at issue, it is other aspects which you pointed out.
  • bigbabybishbigbabybish Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    ringshot wrote: »
    IMHO that is never a valid excuse. This game like any other is run by a business out to make money. It isn't the billing structure that is at issue, it is other aspects which you pointed out.

ehh, you cant expect quality when the dev's dont even expect people to pay for it first.

Thats what F2P means to a lot of people.
  • theref1theref1 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Never use F2P as an excuse.
  • rivadarrivadar Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    you always get the char name you wanted. it is unique to your account. you are not bob, you are bob@youraccountname
  • zedfighterzedfighter Member Posts: 93 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    tyria wrote: »

5. Im just happy i got the character name i wanted =)

You can use any name you want. The only unique identifier is your @tag.
  • tyriatyria Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 2
    edited April 2013
    ringshot wrote: »

Wasnt saying it was a valid excuse. What i meant by that is that asside from Firefall, i have YET to see a F2P game actualy 'built up' to the standards that are almost required to run a beta.

And by 'built up' I mean having a decent number of servers, KNOWING they were going to get slammed with thousands of logins, Have a way to handle those logins that doesn't include 9+ hours in a line. Having active GM's to kick/ban/exterminate Gold-farming spammers that WILL be in there (i'll put 100$ on the line right now, that anyone currently in the game at this vary moment is seeing them spam already and i doubt any of them are being kicked by Dev's).

You know.. the 'normal' stuff most Subscription game's are built up to when they open their doors in a 'open beta' state.
    edited April 2013
    zedfighter wrote: »
    You can use any name you want. The only unique identifier is your @tag.

Forgot about that... think i already have the @name i wanted too thanks to one of the closed beta weekends =)