test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Old beta client

mowdymowdy Member Posts: 4 Arc User
edited April 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
hey peeps. Since D&D nw has gone into open beta i wanted to try again. but it dosent seem that i can just update my old client, isnt it possible just to update the old client and play from that ?
when i try to open it i get this error

"The patchclient got a message while it was in a state with no response funktion"
Post edited by mowdy on

Comments

• slowramslowram Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I'm wondering same thing, would probably save a gig or more bandwidth and I'm sure nw could use that right now.
  • edarias8edarias8 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    My beta client (which I was using in the headstart yesterday) is now giving me the same message. Odd.
  • panderuspanderus Member, NW_CrypticDev, Cryptic Developer Posts: 1,007 Cryptic Developer
    edited April 2013
    It is likley faster to download from our download partners at the moment in the link below due to just hitting Open Beta and everyone trying to get into the game and downloading.

http://nw.perfectworld.com/download

Otherwise, yes, it will patch to the current build just fine, it will just basically re download everything.
  • slowramslowram Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    FYI it worked this time, took several launches several minutes apart and once it brought up screen showing to login it's working. Guess it just couldn't connect due to load previous tries. Keep at it, in my case anyhow it is shaving a gig off the download.
  • undeadarchersundeadarchers Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    mowdy wrote: »
    hey peeps. Since D&D nw has gone into open beta i wanted to try again. but it dosent seem that i can just update my old client, isnt it possible just to update the old client and play from that ?
    when i try to open it i get this error

"The patchclient got a message while it was in a state with no response funktion"

I'm having the same problem.