test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

how long is leveling?

jb814jb814 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 2 Arc User
edited April 2013 in PvE Discussion
I want to try a few classes but am not sure how much time I can or want to spend on the game yet. I do not plan on power-leveling my toons with RL money, but am curious as to how much of a grind it is to get to max. I also wanted to try a Great Weapon Fighter at first, but if it sucks as bad as most people say on the forum, I might switch my first character to something less risky to have fun with instead, unless it won't take too long to get a feel for its endgame mechanics (pvp also).
Post edited by jb814 on

Comments

• Options
    tfangeltfangel Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I started late on the 25th, i'm 60 now, and i didn't do a no lifer run. It's fast. Do quests, those seem to be the fastest xp if that's what you are going for, and put in the enchants that give bonuses to xp, but not the same value as those don't seem to stack.
  • Options
    rabbinicusrabbinicus Member Posts: 1,822 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    It's pretty swift and you can easily outpace content when questing, so you can supplement by running around the large areas and fighting the monsters that spawn. There are already some folks at 60 who started on the 25th, and they weren't all so hardcore.
    The right to command is earned through duty, the privilege of rank is service.

• Options
    ugibugibugiugibugibugi Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 40
    edited April 2013
    takes no more than 36 hours to get if not slacking too much
  • Options
    ledarrledarr Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Took about 3.5 hours to go to level 10, and about 15 to hit level 25. I did a mix of PvE once you hit 10 you can start to do dailes, like Foundry quests, PVP and skirmishes, all add up to your exp. As well as those much need Astral Diamonds. I have yet to find myself running out of quests in areas before getting up enough to go to next area.
  • Options
    clurdgeclurdge Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 153 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2013
    I have probably put 20 hours in and am in mid 20s. I consider myself casual, but I am usually active. I am sure some would say I have levelled horribly slow but based off others I have been grouping with in game it seems about normal for casual player. I will say at least so far does not seem to have the steep increase in levelling time as you go up in levels. It is there of course but nothing like what I have seen in some other games. Just wanted to addy perspective.
  • Options
    uberguberuberguber Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 110 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2013
    It has taken me about 20 hours, roughly, to get to level 40. I just quest and ran a couple foundry missions.
    Noli sinere te ab improbis opprimi
  • Options
    jkaplan92jkaplan92 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 111 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2013
    I hit 60 in 17 hours 6 minutes played, guildy hit in 17 hours 4 minutes. I think we were probably world 1st and second but not sure. We didn't use AD to power level leadership. The only advantage I had was my one exp booster and my mount from my pack and my friend had his mount and 3 exp boosters, so you can do it really fast.
  • Options
    joeldgnjoeldgn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 76
    edited April 2013
    group up with people your level (look in the 'social' group finder for open groups if needed) and you will cruise fast.
  • Options
    xratasxratas Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 153 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2013
    I think I've played around 15 hours, and have level 28 character and level 11 character. Spent a lot of time waiting groups for PvP, Raids and Dungeons though.
  • Options
    mewbreymewbrey Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 517 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2013
    I have 4 days and 34 minutes played since the 25th (30th today) but I hit 60 early the second day(17 hours to hit max) before getting a few hours sleep. Questing seams to make the leveling experience go by very fast... But the game is just as enjoyable at max level as it is when leveling bar a few quirks! :)

Go at your own pace and enjoy the game how you enjoy it the most, will be plenty of people for you to play with at all level ranges especially this early into the game.
    ~*~ Foundry missions: Stronghold Branax : Goblin menace : Forwyn crypts ~*~
  • Options
    forsakenlich1forsakenlich1 Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    jkaplan92 wrote: »
    I hit 60 in 17 hours 6 minutes played, guildy hit in 17 hours 4 minutes. I think we were probably world 1st and second but not sure. We didn't use AD to power level leadership. The only advantage I had was my one exp booster and my mount from my pack and my friend had his mount and 3 exp boosters, so you can do it really fast.

what xp boosts

this game doesnt have xp boosts
  • Options
    therepstertherepster Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    what xp boosts

this game doesnt have xp boosts

"Adventurer's helper pack

Contains six different types of helpful items to start your adventure (one per account) "

Includes an Xp booster. +25% faster exp for 10k exp worth.