Combat advantage bonus

Race

Half Orc
Ability Scores
+2Dec, +2Con or Str

Furious Assult
Critical hits do 5% more damage

Swift Charge
10% bonus to run speed when entering combat for 3 seconds, can occur every 20 seconds

Elf
Elven Accuracy
Increase chance to Critically strike 1%

Abilitys scores
+2 dex, +2 Intel or+2 Wisdom

Wild step
10% resistance to slow effects

Half Elf
Dilettante
+1 to non class ability scores

Abilitys scores
+2 Con, +2 charisma or Wisdom

Knack for success
Naturally better in life +1% deflect, +1 crit severity and +1% gold find

Dwarf

Stand your ground
Increased resistance to Knock back effects

Ability scores
+2 Con, +2 str or Wis

Cast iron stomach
increased resistance to DOT effects

Halfling

Nimble reaction
+3% deflect incoming attacks

Ability scores

+2 dex, +2 Charisma or Con

Bold

Increase resistance to crowd control effects 10%

Thiefling

Bloodhunt
+5% damage to enemys below half health

Ability scores

+2 chr, +2con or Inteligence

Infernal wrath

When ever hit a 10%chance to lower the power of the attacker by 5% for 5 secs

Human

Versatile Defense
increase defense by 3%

Ability scores

+2 to any ability score

Heroic effort

bonus feet at level 10, 15 and 20.
enginsizesig2_zps97620aec.jpg
Post edited by mothdrums on

Comments

• Options
    koriel8koriel8 Member Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I kind of wish they put this stat bonus information on the character selection screen instead of the flavor text it uses now. You don't see what your stats actually do until you after you've rolled your character.

I kept wondering things like, "what does strength do for a cleric" or "what does charisma do for a rogue" as they were listed as secondary stats.
  • Options
    andondarkmoreandondarkmore Member Posts: 103 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Can you also add Class features to the list.
    Anyone have any suggestions for Race/Class comboes with this list.
    Tiefling +5% more damage to targets under 1/2 health.
    Guardian Warrior I think does +5 or 10% more damage when hit.
    So Tiefling GW with 18 STR

If this should go to another thread let me know.
  • Options
    healhamstahealhamsta Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 572 Bounty Hunter
    edited March 2013
    Does Half Orc's Swift Charge proc only once per combat or multiple times per combat?
    (.-.)
    Delve loot murdered my TR, DC, & GWF. Nerf Plox:
    I know that it sucks to no longer get gear to sell from the Dungeon Delve chest but it was truly overpowered.
  • Options
    kotlikotli Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 577
    edited March 2013
    healhamsta wrote: »
    Does Half Orc's Swift Charge proc only once per combat or multiple times per combat?
    (.-.)

Dunno I never really noticed any speed boost in any place playing as my half orc.
  • Options
    klangeddinklangeddin Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 882 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    mothdrums wrote: »
    bonus feet at level 10, 15 and 20.

****, those humans will be running around with five feets by level 20.

Edit: really, that's a censored word? wow... /frown
  • Options
    healhamstahealhamsta Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 572 Bounty Hunter
    edited March 2013
    kotli wrote: »
    Dunno I never really noticed any speed boost in any place playing as my half orc.

Me just checked, it be once per combat.
    klangeddin wrote: »
    ****, those humans will be running around with five feets by level 20.

Edit: really, that's a censored word? wow... /frown

They get 2 less stats.
    The other races get +2/+2.
    Delve loot murdered my TR, DC, & GWF. Nerf Plox:
    I know that it sucks to no longer get gear to sell from the Dungeon Delve chest but it was truly overpowered.
  • Options
    zorlunzorlun Member Posts: 87 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    healhamsta wrote: »
    They get 2 less stats.
    The other races get +2/+2.
    Yep, but I find bonus feet a lot more helpful than a +2 stat.
    Sorry for the grammar, I'm only French ! :)
  • Options
    leissesleisses Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    It depends a lot on what you want for you character. Remember the ability normally gives % on a stat and that means increased bonuses over levels.
  • Options
    mutley1984mutley1984 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 159 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2013
    Thanks for this!

Here is the Drow info

All drow characters get +2 Dexterity and +2 Charisma.

Darkfirer: Every time a drow attacks, there’s a chance it’ll debuff the target’s Defense.

Trance: which allows all drow characters to recover faster at campfires.

Sorry I don't know the percentages
  • Options
    adozuadozu Member Posts: 477 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    the +3 feat points from humans is useful to some characters. for rogue's for example it allows you to get both +20% stealth duration and +9% atwill damage to foes not targeting you which can be considered worth a -2 str or cha.

(normally you can either pick +20% stealth duration or +9% atwill damage and +8% stealth duration)
  • Options
    themangroththemangroth Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 104 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2013
    Also, unless it changed after BW2, the guardian fighter gets damage reduction from CON.

I can't remember if it's 1% DR per point or per 2 points.
  • Options
    leissesleisses Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    0.5% per point.
  • Options
    piratedrugallpiratedrugall Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 45
    edited April 2013
    Hmm... I plan on playing an Elf Trickster Rogue, so this is shaping up nicely.
    I haven't gotten to play at all yet though, how viable are glassy TRs? I'd like to be in melee at pretty much all times, so should I go with some CON? Stealth seems like it's pretty lengthy, so it seems like I could get by pretty well without too much CON...
    I'll probably pick INT over WIS for my racial choice.
  • Options
    kittledorfkittledorf Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 126 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2013
    Im having a really hard time picking race in NW. Gonna play a ControlWizard and it seems Tiefling got the perfect stats and racials for that however they are so darn ugly :O. Since im one of those players that really want to max the champs out, it feels like i have no choice at all. Humans ingame looks good and such but 3 extra basic featpoints is rather awfull for the lack of both attributepoints and solid racials.
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    The human decision is a very hard one in my opinion.

Those 3 points will open the thrid collun of feats from a secondary path, but to achieve that it will force you to use 13 points in that path instead of using some extra at your main path. Another thing to think about on this is if you really need that third collun to make your build great and the changes the game have through time.
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    ^that's incorrect. you get 3 heroic feat points, you cannot spend them on paragon feats and they don't work towards unlocking paragon feats faster either. those 3 extra can only be spent on the regular non-paragon feats.
  • Options
    coyotedeltacoyotedelta Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1
    edited April 2013
    adozu wrote: »
    ^that's incorrect. you get 3 heroic feat points, you cannot spend them on paragon feats and they don't work towards unlocking paragon feats faster either. those 3 extra can only be spent on the regular non-paragon feats.
    That still sounds pretty advantageous. I remember on my guardian trying to decide between a feat that increased my max shield meter or my max str (for more shield). I think with those extra 3 I wouldn't have to worry about making choices, especially if it's for a lower tier feat.
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    i also think it is a good bonus, it would be just OP if it was 3 paragon feat points.
  • Options
    altodarraltodarr Member Posts: 60
    edited April 2013
    The advantage of the +3 feat points depends on your chosen class/build.
    I definitely want it for my GWF build but I don't really miss them for my CW.
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    adozu wrote: »

Ouch! That makes the human not that good. 2 ability points probably are better option than the 3 extra heroic feats :(
  • Options
    wolfiaczek1wolfiaczek1 Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Do you guys think that Tiefling Bloodhunt is really so good?. I read on this forum many people say how nice is to have 5% more damage as a TR when the enemy is below 50% health. But really lets take it into the paper.
    While you do 100 dmg the additional damage you do is 5. Is that so much ?
    Of course while you get stronger and you will do 1000 dmg per hit the additional damage is growing to 50.... well not so much considering your basic damage is 1K. And also please remember while you get stronger you obviously encounter stronger mobs (more health and defence) so you really think that 50 more dmg will do the trick ?
  • Options
    carrotpakcarrotpak Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    hmmm... for devoted cleric which race would be advantageous?
  • Options
    gunndykolgunndykol Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Do you guys think that Tiefling Bloodhunt is really so good?. I read on this forum many people say how nice is to have 5% more damage as a TR when the enemy is below 50% health. But really lets take it into the paper.
    While you do 100 dmg the additional damage you do is 5. Is that so much ?
    Of course while you get stronger and you will do 1000 dmg per hit the additional damage is growing to 50.... well not so much considering your basic damage is 1K. And also please remember while you get stronger you obviously encounter stronger mobs (more health and defence) so you really think that 50 more dmg will do the trick ?

While 5% more damage when < 50% HP is nice, you have to consider you miss out on +2 Strength, which is 2% extra damage all the time; or +2 Dex, which is +2% crit all the time. Obviously the 2% crit vs 5% damage < 50% is less easy to compare directly without knowing more about the math behind the game and knowing if there are soft and hard caps on stats and what those caps actually are.
  • Options
    reillanreillan Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 67
    edited April 2013
    What exactly is "recharge speed"?
  • Options
    trixiefantrixiefan Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    carrotpak wrote: »
    hmmm... for devoted cleric which race would be advantageous?

Main stat is wisdom which dwarves or half elves can get, might want to up crit chance instead though which OP says needs Str.