test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Amount of armor designs?

yarrmoryarrmor Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 62
edited May 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
I noticed there aren't many different armor designs. At least early on. I've passed lvl 16 now and haven't found a different one beside some minor additions, like a shoulder pad extra. Is this just me or what?
Post edited by yarrmor on

Comments

• Options
    johnny305johnny305 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Its to get you to buy stuff that look cool with money
  • Options
    beaghan1beaghan1 Member Posts: 404 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    buy dyes and make stuff, as you get higher there are different looks but most of it seems to look the same unless you look closely.
  • Options
    ulfric007ulfric007 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    It is F2P what do you expect.
  • Options
    quickness87quickness87 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    ulfric007 wrote: »
    It is F2P what do you expect.

GW2.. have you play it? Have you seen the amount of customization it offers?

Surely, You have to buy the game, but after that it's F2P.

So yeah, we expect more
  • Options
    kingeyeballkingkingeyeballking Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I agree. Leveling up and getting new gear doesn't change the way your character looks which is BAD design for an RPG-type game. I don't care if they make more money like this, it's not fun for players.
  • Options
    hipolipolopigushipolipolopigus Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    There's very little variation until you get into rare and epic gear (Blue and Purple, respectively).
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Want to know why Neverwinter is so laggy? Check out the "Latency" section in this thread.
  • Options
    wheeeelzwheeeelz Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    GW2.. have you play it? Have you seen the amount of customization it offers?

Surely, You have to buy the game, but after that it's F2P.

So yeah, we expect more

So you expect more from a game you don't have to pay for at all, based off what a game that you have to pay for does?
  • Options
    yarrmoryarrmor Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 62
    edited May 2013
    wheeeelz wrote: »
    So you expect more from a game you don't have to pay for at all, based off what a game that you have to pay for does?

No, but the amount NW has is way to low. It feels like playing some simple RPG where the makers didn't bother implementing visual equipment. It just makes me sad T^T And on top of that, me being someone who spends most time gathering all the different armor designs, it seems I'm done a bit too early.
  • Options
    k4131k4131 Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    D&D never had to many armor designs in the first place. my issue is the lack of armor seperation. if I don't like shoulder but the rest I'm stuck. but even still the fact you don't get new stuff gives me a goal to level. we will see more and probably a lot in zen shop.

which I'm ok with
  • Options
    aisumasutaaisumasuta Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    wheeeelz wrote: »

Ever heard of Skyrim? I have seen more unique armors from MODS than from this game. And these mod developers get no money WHATSOEVER for what they do, except a few donations of course.

Just ONE guy, doing ONE MOD, and his MOD probably has more armor than this game does.