test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

[Info Request] Server Location? (Not Lag Issue!)

quickness87quickness87 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
edited April 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
This is not a lag issue or concern, just a simple curiosity.

Where does the server located? East Coast? West Coast?

Thanks!
Post edited by quickness87 on

Comments

• Options
    maspien83maspien83 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    World coast.
  • Options
    quickness87quickness87 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    (o______________o)
    k
    thx
  • Options
    hipolipolopigushipolipolopigus Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    They're all in California, in a single datacenter. Yes, that is a terrible idea.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Want to know why Neverwinter is so laggy? Check out the "Latency" section in this thread.
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    Ah I see, so basically West Coast. Well, can be worst right? lol.

I hope they have a East Coast as well. or at least spread it, you know what I mean? :P
  • Options
    ravenrabbitravenrabbit Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 127 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2013
    They're all in California, in a single datacenter. Yes, that is a terrible idea.

Well, considering it will be come one single server, I don't see why that is a problem.
  • Options
    xen1912xen1912 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 309 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    doowie1982 wrote: »
    The main mega servers are based in California, but they have cluster servers that connect to that mega server based in different parts of the world. This makes it so you can play with people from the US, EU, Asia and other countries without experiencing any latency.

There are rumours, that Dragon, Beholder & Mindflayer are going to be merged into one huge mega server, but I've yet to find any official evidence of that.

Right now there is latency, but I feel this is due to the servers being overloaded more than Cryptic/Perfect World predicted.
    a quote from the lag thread.

• Options
    edited April 2013
    Well, considering it will be come one single server, I don't see why that is a problem.

Is there an official post saying it will merge into one?
    Can you post the link? Thanks!
  • Options
    hipolipolopigushipolipolopigus Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    xen1912 wrote: »
    a quote from the lag thread.

Which is complete BS. You don't get "no" latency - you get compound latency. Don't believe me?
    MKUnEDM.png

230 before OB. Funny, that.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Want to know why Neverwinter is so laggy? Check out the "Latency" section in this thread.
  • Options
    xen1912xen1912 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 309 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Is there an official post saying it will merge into one?
    Can you post the link? Thanks!

http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?18401-Neverwinter-Extended-FAQ&p=297631&viewfull=1#post297631 info is there.

• Options
    edited April 2013