test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Lag after open beta :( :( ! Help gm!

riyantj9riyantj9 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 6 Arc User
edited April 2013 in Bug Reports (PC)
Im a founder package purchaser - and ye ive been playing for the past few days and everything worked fine.. and this morning all of a sudden the game becomes very laggy til now :( so ye please help .. im not paying $199 for this. thanks GM :(
Post edited by riyantj9 on

Comments

• Options
    deniedukdenieduk Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    riyantj9 wrote: »
    Im a founder package purchaser - and ye ive been playing for the past few days and everything worked fine.. and this morning all of a sudden the game becomes very laggy til now :( so ye please help .. im not paying $199 for this. thanks GM :(

It's in open beta... this is kinda the point of open beta, get the servers overloaded and brimming so they can work out what hardware they need for the actual launch.
  • Options
    riyantj9riyantj9 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    so yes - are they aware of it ?
  • Options
    jdnycjdnyc Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Silverstars Posts: 334 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2013
    riyantj9 wrote: »
    so yes - are they aware of it ?

They are aware of it.
  • Options
    zagemoggazagemogga Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    There was an ingame message about the lag and they work on it...
  • Options
    sdeaconsdeacon Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    That would be the non-founder players entering.
  • Options
    donkenojidonkenoji Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I thought this game was free to play..... so using the comment that "I'm a founder" or "I've spent $xx" isn't really conducive.
  • Options
    jundujundu Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    yea this lag issue is kinda awful it will go for like 8 sec after it it throws me back like 3 sec
  • Options
    mordraine88mordraine88 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    donkenoji wrote: »
    I thought this game was free to play..... so using the comment that "I'm a founder" or "I've spent $xx" isn't really conducive.

You have to realize Donken, the typical response to anyone pointing out problems is "Oh this game is free you shouldn't complain", so pointing out that it wasn't free from some of us heads off that response. Not that the game being F2P is any excuse for the sort of issues its having.

And yes, this is open beta, but in F2P MMO's, especially Perfect World ones, open beta just means "we're launching, but saying beta so we can hide behind that when we didn't prepare properly". Keep in mind, the real money purchasing system is NOT in beta, its 100% up and running, so Perfect World is making money hand over fist after having promised a relatively workable game that as of now is literally unplayable.

Anyway, the fact that Perfect World, as experienced as they are with game development, chose not to shell out the money necessary to have a reliable server and support system at launch, while being more than happy to take our money in turn is pretty embarrassing, and I'm pretty sure anyone who wants to complain about it has the right to at this point.
  • Options
    fyllisfyllis Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I am tired of being rubberbanded/rewinded back to the beginning of the zone spawn points, this doesn't include the normal few feet rewind of normal lag. Took 3 tries to get the bridge done with the Harbringer. Collecting arrows and running to the gate took 3 tries each. Trying to Get to Sgt. Knox took 5 tries just to run to him.

I understand that there are issues during the first day or so, but considering the popularity of DnD and Neverwinter I believe PWE/C under planned.

Good luck and good hunting for those who are going to stay and play.

Well I won't be playing for a week or so. Or until PWE/C nerfs up STO.
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    donkenoji wrote: »

well those who purchased the packs actually help PWE to make this game F2P so yes :)
  • Options
    morteetdabo3morteetdabo3 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    ok so i hate to be the person that says this but for EVERYONE complaining about the lag, ITS OPEN BETA/LAUNCH get that through your heads. it doesnt matter the ip of the game. if its an online game, you can expect lag. things happen to servers. there is nothing a company can do to prepare for certain things.

to the people saying "i paid X amount for this" youre dumb. it doesnt matter how much you paid. you paid for the ingame items, not no lag guarantee.

its on online game. learn to deal with it. you dont like it? wait a little while or better yet, dont play it at all. whiny people arent needed.

have a fantastic day!