test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Plight of the Gelatinous Cube.

morphonamorphona Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 27 Arc User
edited April 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
I was super excited, as i jumped out of my chair, walking down that hallway in the dungeon. as the invisible goo began to solidify all around me. As i landed on my feet i stared ahead not sure what was forming before me, and then, it came together in that wonderful square cube. the battle was fierce and it's ooze nearly was the end of me, but finally i was the victor.

Oh gelatinous cube how I love you, and i applaud the amazing detail put into this creature, however i have an issue. am I to believe this poor creature was the last of it's race? with no mate to make little cubes for further adventures?

I am saddened, that in my journey i will most fondly remember the fight of the cube, more then the dragon riding drugar, or the fire giant king. even more then the drider prince or mind flayer pope.

please, for the love of all that is holy, make more cubes, and let's save this poor species from extinction.

*please note hugging cubes may cost you limbs or life*

Thank you,

Morphona

PETC (People for the Ethical Treatment of Cubes) Founder
Post edited by morphona on

Comments

• Options
    granville7482granville7482 Member Posts: 191 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    This thing was so easy to kill in beta weekend 1. Now i'm using the same exact character, with better gear and this thing almost creamed me.
  • Options
    panderuspanderus Member, NW_CrypticDev, Cryptic Developer Posts: 1,007 Cryptic Developer
    edited April 2013
    I will paraphrase from our content designer who pushed for this so much: "Muahahaha..."
  • Options
    morphonamorphona Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    panderus wrote: »
    I will paraphrase from our content designer who pushed for this so much: "Muahahaha..."

If I could I would buy that man a beer. Thank him for helping the cube race survive!
  • Options
    kilo418kilo418 Member Posts: 823 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Indeed. Need more jell-o
  • Options
    hokonosohokonoso Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 40
    edited April 2013
    cube never hit me as a CW... neither did the final spider boss... stupid melee mobs only seem to run up to you then cast a big ability with the red circle you can simply back out of... so lame imo.
    What is democrazy? It is a government in which the ruling power is given to whoever is most skillful at directing the herd instincts of the largest masses of their most ignorant citizens.
    --Nom Anor
  • Options
    pinestainpinestain Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I totally agree with you M. These poor unfortunate souls wander the hallways and tunnels of long abandoned forts and castles in search of who knows what? A meaning to Life,the Universe and Everything? We must stand together and be a beacon of light for the down-trodden masses. Yes,make it so #1.
  • Options
    tfangeltfangel Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    morphona wrote: »
    If I could I would buy that man a beer. Thank him for helping the cube race survive!

Me too. It's moments and monsters like this that help me feel this is like D&D.
  • Options
    skullandcrownskullandcrown Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Morphona- thank you for that wonderful and touching remembrance. I can assure you that our wizards devised a "captive breeding" program, known as the "Bill" project was very successful. Gelatinous cubes have been repopulated as cleaning systems throughout the dungeons. Keep a weather eye, and keep that spoon handy!
  • Options
    projxprojx Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Best moment in game for me so far... I was having PnP Underdark flash backs! Please encourage more clever usage of monsters it really makes the game feel DnD to me. +1 on the dragon mechanics too. And more props on the usage of stuff like Dungeoneering opening up secret areas etc. Or for being able to use traps to your advantage.
    Gave in to that momentary sadistic twitch...
    hk47banner.jpg
  • Options
    urnusthebeatpoeturnusthebeatpoet Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 62 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Seriously this. We need more cubes. The moment I found him in BW3, I squealed with glee. And I did it again when I found him in Open Beta, during headstart. I want to keep that quest and never turn it in, just so I can go visit my squishy friend whenever I want. Please please please include more content with this most lovable of gelatinous masses.
  • Options
    daxx360daxx360 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    panderus wrote: »

Seriously, give that man more money! When my friends and I first encountered it, we simply ran back down the hall screaming like little girls. I was so happy to see one in game. Please oh please give us more!
  • Options
    frozentreatsfrozentreats Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Loved this fight. :) Props to the design guy who put that mob in.