test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

RP serv- erm, shard.

dreaminggod55dreaminggod55 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
edited May 2013 in The Moonstone Mask (PC)
I saw the 'unofficial' Shad is Mindflayer (here I heard it was dragon) and I've dun gone rolled and gotten to 25 before I noticed. My friends are stuck on Dragon, and wish to stay, so is my fiancee. So... the question I wish to ask is... Will anyone on Dragon be RPing or shall I just settle for my own little group of 5 and be happy, hm?
Post edited by dreaminggod55 on

Comments

• dreaminggod55dreaminggod55 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    And I just found the quotes that they will eventually merge every server! Very good! I'll get my levelign out of the system, see ya'll i nthe taverns when they merge. :)
  • dixa1dixa1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    as with co and sto the game will be on a single shard.
  • devilman0xdevilman0x Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    one area , http://www.neverwinter-rp.com/forum
    theyve kinda chosen mindflayer as the unofficial shard, until they're all merged.
  • daroskadaroska Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Oh my, roleplaying is going to be difficult with all of the jumping horses trampling on everywhere possible.
    Not to mention those flaming chickens, spider infestations, golem invasions, wolf packs and demon ponies.

Seriously, what was Cryptic honestly thinking? Were they smoking pot at the time and playing WoW?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • wintersmercywintersmercy Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    There are roleplayers on Dragon too, but as said above it won't matter soon enough.
  • aurennaurenn Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Someone mind pointing me to the quotes about the shard merging?
  • kwiat007kwiat007 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    [SIGPIC]Join Date: August 2009[/SIGPIC]
    I live in an alternate universe, where j.j. abrams and cryptic never existed,
    where R.S.E. is what it always should be.
  • lucienkorthuslucienkorthus Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    They really should just do it like GW2 where you can hop from shard to shard, but it has a cool down. Not having an RP server/shard (whatever you want to call it) is going to kill it for a lot of people.
  • kallethenkallethen Member Posts: 133 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    They really should just do it like GW2 where you can hop from shard to shard, but it has a cool down. Not having an RP server/shard (whatever you want to call it) is going to kill it for a lot of people.

Considering that the shards will be merged into one after things stabilize, it's a moot point to officially declare one an RP shard, or another a PvP shard, etc.
    100% of the world is crazy, 95% are in denial.

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • mediafriend999mediafriend999 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    lol totally
  • odiasuda565odiasuda565 Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The term shard comes from Ultima Online. The story goes; the world was shattered into pieces (servers) or shards by the main bad dude.

I'm not sure why they use it in reference to servers in Neverwinter. I guess it's part of the MMO lexicon now without anyone really knowing why. (e.g. mob)