test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Guessing servers couldn't handle load?

diablomuertodiablomuerto Member Posts: 0 Arc User
edited April 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
So I actually got a little giggle when I woke up today and tried to log in. At first I thought there was something wrong on my end so I tried a restart then I just came to these forums and when they even loaded up very slow I remembered today was official launch day. Then it hit me servers must just be buckling under the stress or something as all I'm getting for a launcher is a blank white window.

I hope that nifty server technology they were talking about gets better soon. :)
Post edited by diablomuerto on

Comments

• Options
    beeblesplaysbeeblesplays Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    The F2P crowd has come, bow down before us and despair.
  • Options
    mconosrepmconosrep Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    The F2P crowd has come, bow down before us and despair.

Isn't it ironic when you are playing a non-subscription game to complain about F2P crowd. ;)
  • Options
    sominatorsominator Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Hey everybody, the servers are actually doing great - it's the launcher website that's acting wonky from the high load. We should have a fix soon! :)
    Proud member of Team Fencebane, official guild of the unofficial Neverwinter Adventure Hour!
  • Options
    mythrildragonmythrildragon Member Posts: 138 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2013
    servers are more over loaded than a mule in india

over%20load.jpg
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    sominator wrote: »
    Hey everybody, the servers are actually doing great - it's the launcher website that's acting wonky from the high load. We should have a fix soon! :)

64917-much_rejoicing.jpg
  • Options
    isotope420isotope420 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Try switching your windows theme to windows 7 classic. The Launcher then pulled up fine and patched for me.
    Member since november 2011. IGN: SirHiss
  • Options
    cragarioncragarion Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I was doing a daily dungeon we reached the purple area outside the final boss,
    5 secs on countdown and BOOM,
    kicked out of game and now cant get back in,
    i'm a founder i'm supposed to have priority access,
    they should have known this would happen they had stability issues with just the pre'paids playing,
    they should have known the servers would never handle all the freebies logging in.
  • Options
    kamaliiciouskamaliicious Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    You can't log in when you use the gameclient directly, not going through the launcher at all.
  • Options
    gorandorgorandor Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited April 2013

Then why do we not get in if we bypass the Launcher? :P
  • Options
    narathkornarathkor Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    It looks to me very much like the launcher website server is overloaded. Sure the game servers are doing great but I can tell after many attempts to run the launcher and the half delivered content that the problem is your launcher server can not handle the load it is getting. Now for the community what this means is that they will have to likely upgrade the processing power and ram on the server, as well as reconfigure some of the optimization settings, php timeouts etc so this could take them a few hours. Please bear with them as this is not a hard task but one that just takes the time to recompile and get everything correct. It is what beta tests are for.

For those who have paid to play I want to appologize that all of us leachers are causing you a problem today, however I do look forward to playing with you and if I enjoy the game I will be joining you as a paid member.
    Please check out my foundry quests!
    The Sins of the Father NW-DLN6BC8NX
    A Name For Yourself NW-DRBWMCFL4
    Click Here To Visit The Official Thread
  • Options
    deacon777deacon777 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    narathkor wrote: »
    It looks to me very much like the launcher website server is overloaded. Sure the game servers are doing great but I can tell after many attempts to run the launcher and the half delivered content that the problem is your launcher server can not handle the load it is getting. Now for the community what this means is that they will have to likely upgrade the processing power and ram on the server, as well as reconfigure some of the optimization settings, php timeouts etc so this could take them a few hours. Please bear with them as this is not a hard task but one that just takes the time to recompile and get everything correct. It is what beta tests are for.

For those who have paid to play I want to appologize that all of us leachers are causing you a problem today, however I do look forward to playing with you and if I enjoy the game I will be joining you as a paid member.

A levelheaded response instead of "OH EM GEE CRYPTIC YOU GUYS ARE FULL OF FAIL AND SUCK SO HARD"?

You're like a rare and beautiful snowflake on a hot August day.

0_o
  • Options
    xraxisxraxis Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    cragarion wrote: »
    I was doing a daily dungeon we reached the purple area outside the final boss,
    5 secs on countdown and BOOM,
    kicked out of game and now cant get back in,
    i'm a founder i'm supposed to have priority access,
    they should have known this would happen they had stability issues with just the pre'paids playing,
    they should have known the servers would never handle all the freebies logging in.

Quit whining.
  • Options
    fredspekvet2fredspekvet2 Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    gorandor wrote: »

Indeed... It seems to be the account server that is giving timeouts , the launcher seems to be a different issue.
  • Options
    chezruchezru Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    gorandor wrote: »

Because the launcher is what authenticates your login account information. If you don't go through the launcher, the game server doesn't know you are authorized access.
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    excuses1.jpg
  • Options
    talen4talen4 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 31
    edited April 2013
    I'll just do what any other responsible customer/gamer would do and continue to spam the launcher until I sneak in.
  • Options
    zurkhonzurkhon Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 390 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2013
    I'm guessing that it isn't such a good thing that every time you want to switch characters you need to re-authorize your login information.

Would really be nice if we didn't have to go all the way back out and re-enter our password just to switch characters... just saying. :(
    "Beware the engineers of society, I say, who would make everyone in all the world equal. Opportunity should be equal, must be equal, but achievement must remain individual."

- Drizzt Do'Urden
    ― R.A. Salvatore
  • Options
    cmpinpointerrorcmpinpointerror Member, Moonstars, Neverwinter Beta Users, Cryptic Developers, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Founder's Pack Users Posts: 646
    edited April 2013
    We'll update you on launcher issues here: http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?162831-Launcher-issues-Updated-here. Thanks for your patience.
This discussion has been closed.