test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Patch Notes NW.1.20130416a.12

heyrogersheyrogers Member, Cryptic Developer Posts: 180 Cryptic Developer
edited May 2013 in Patch Notes (PC)
Quests
  • Neverdeath Graveyard: The Undead and Dying: Fixed an encounter that was erroneously balanced for level 30 players.

Founders Agent
  • The Founders Agent now properly recognizes Guardians of Neverwinter and allows them to reclaim items accordingly.

Professions
  • Fixed an issue in which the "Finish Now" confirmation prompt would predict a different Astral Diamond cost than was actually being charged.
  • Leadership: (Rare) Protect a Temple: Increased amount of time to complete this task to 16 hours, up from 4 hours.
  • Leadership: (Rare) Compete in Master's Tournament: Increased amount of time to complete this task to 16 hours, up from 8 hours.
  • Leadership: (Rare) Mystery Mission #1: Renamed to Follow Map to an Unknown Location.
  • Leadership: (Rare) Mystery Mission #2: Renamed to Assault Enemy Stronghold.
  • Leadership: (Rare) Mystery Mission #3: Renamed to Recover Large Mineral Claim.

Guild Bank
  • Fixed an issue in which bank tabs after the first would claim to only cost 150,000 Astral Diamonds, when they actually cost more.

Auction House
  • Fixed an issue in which auction lots that were bought out would not properly refund the highest bidder's Astral Diamonds.
  • Newly posted Greater Stone of Health, Greater Scroll of Identification, Lesser Scroll of Identification, and Scroll of Identification items can now be found in Potions & Supplies on the Auction House.
  • Newly posted Jeweled Idol, Chipped Orc Tooth, Piece of Broken Glass, and Tribal Feather items can now be found in Treasure on the Auction House.

Events
  • "Coming Soon" Events for future content have been removed.
  • Certain hourly events have been updated to clearly specify what task is required to get the event's bonus reward, and what reward will be gained.

Chat
  • The default chat filters have been updated to clean up most of the "spammy" chat messages, but this will only take effect for new characters. Players may update their chat filters by clicking on the gear icon on the chat window.

Instance Transfer
  • When Instance Transfer is on cooldown or grayed out, the tooltip still shows the current map name and instance number.

Gateway
  • Fixed a warning and certain errors some IE8 users have experienced.
  • Gateway's usability on mobile / touch devices has been significantly improved.
  • The promo for the Nightmare Lockbox now displays the correct name of the Heavy Inferno Nightmare.
  • The Professions countdown timer is now properly synced with the game's timer.
  • The short 10 minute auction has been removed.

Foundry
  • Players may now tip more Astral Diamonds in the Foundry.

Stability
  • Fixed a crash when entering the Foundry for the first time.
  • Fixed a crash when trying to access mail that has already been deleted.
  • Fixed a crash in the Auction House.
  • Fixed a memory leak related to PvP scoreboards.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    cyberfunk5566cyberfunk5566 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    how to download the latest patch? is the launcher automatically download the patch?
  • Options
    xk27xk27 Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    how to download the latest patch? is the launcher automatically download the patch?

They're patching at midnight (PDT) tonight... all servers will come down, and when they come back up, the patch will be automatically installed when you run the launcher.
  • Options
    arsfarazonarsfarazon Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    First u need to log in into launcher, then the patching will be started :)
  • Options
    alundrosalundros Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Any chance if we can get an update from you directly Heyrogers, but any chance in the guild bank notes, the permissions bug is also being fixed, and it was just omitted from the patch notes? Makes guild banks very very hard if not impossible to use currently.

Thanks.;)

-Velinfor
  • Options
    inasogard69inasogard69 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Thanks for the update,

Any chance of letting us know when the tomes to update white companions might be available? Be nice to be able to get a green/blue/purple companion of our choosing..
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    warpetwarpet Member Posts: 1,969 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    GWF buff up coming soon?:(
  • Options
    hanskisaragihanskisaragi Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    what about the guild bank permission bug?

guild members been saying they cant deposit/withdraw from the guild bank with correct permission.
  • Options
    astaziaastazia Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 51
    edited April 2013
    heyrogers wrote: »
    • Newly posted Greater Stone of Health, Greater Scroll of Identification, Lesser Scroll of Identification, and Scroll of Identification items can now be found in Potions & Supplies on the Auction House.

Why does this say "newly posted?" Are the items we posted in the last couple days not going to show up?
  • Options
    kiraliakiralia Member Posts: 383 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Quests

Fixed an issue in which auction lots that were bought out would not properly refund the highest bidder's Astral Diamonds.

Fixed a crash in the Auction House.

This is nice but there is a far bigger issue where sellers are not being credited with the astral diamonds for the items they have sold. Any idea when that major bug might be fixed?

If it cannot be fixed before the influx of new players tomorrow it might be an idea to actually disable the auction house until it has been.
  • Options
    eyebreaker7eyebreaker7 Member Posts: 621 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I bought one of the Neverwinter starter kits but never received anything from the ADVENTURER'S HELPER PACK (one per account). I got the bag and the amulet but not the pack. What can I do to get it?

I've gotten the stuff from the mail and from the founder vendor (all tabs on him).
    I think I originally got it but when I opened it it listed everything but didn't give any of it to me.
    I'm gonna rip your head off and make it my puppet! (NwN2)
  • Options
    peppermintlarypeppermintlary Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Auction House
    • Fixed an issue in which auction lots that were bought out would not properly refund the highest bidder's Astral Diamonds.

Umm, another far bigger issue is, is there a way to refund these people who lost out on their A.D. because of this bug and will the transactions of lost A.D. be able to be refunded still?

I know from personal experience i've lost at least 400,000 A.D. due to this bug and that's putting it very generously low. Also, the Astral Diamond Exchange randomly took 1000 zen from my account and I know I didn't purchase anything, I just open and closed the window really fast and I saw 1000 zen drop from my wallet for no apparent reason.

These game breaking bugs are more serious because real money is involved and these kind of mistakes are the equivalent of stealing practically.
  • Options
    quovanquovan Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    kiralia wrote: »
    This is nice but there is a far bigger issue where sellers are not being credited with the astral diamonds for the items they have sold. Any idea when that major bug might be fixed?

If it cannot be fixed before the influx of new players tomorrow it might be an idea to actually disable the auction house until it has been.
    Just a thought, but have you tried putting this up in the bug report forum?
  • Options
    astaziaastazia Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 51
    edited April 2013
    To answer my own question, by "newly posted" they really do mean "newly posted." The Greater Stone of Health I put up on the AH a couple days ago is still not listed in any category, and I'm going to lose my deposit.
  • Options
    kobuirisgameskobuirisgames Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    what about the guild bank permission bug?

guild members been saying they cant deposit/withdraw from the guild bank with correct permission.

I just tested and permissions are still broken. Sigh.
    Maturity, Fair Play, Family Friendly. Sound good? Apply today at www.guildmedieval.com

Guild Medieval Recruitment Topic
  • Options
    jtheisen77jtheisen77 Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    You've patched the game, however, in the process i'm back to getting a the BSOD during the patching process. Had this same problem during BW 4 and didn't get any help from support. You guys need to quit patching games apparently.
  • Options
    c45hcr0pc45hcr0p Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 45
    edited April 2013
    Quests
    Founders Agent
    • The Founders Agent now properly recognizes Guardians of Neverwinter and allows them to reclaim items accordingly.

Very glad to hear it.
    cylisbrex wrote: »
    ...I love the rectal based combat...

Reticle not rectal. :)
  • Options
    kiraliakiralia Member Posts: 383 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    quovan wrote: »
    Just a thought, but have you tried putting this up in the bug report forum?

There was a thread there about it 2 or 3 days ago, and both I and a friend in game that it happened to have put a ticket through in game. Am actually surprised more people haven't been reporting it so not sure if its a sporadic problem. But it does mean we are not using the AH til its fixed cos there is no point if we don't get our diamonds for what we sell.
  • Options
    koraneskoranes Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    is there a direct down load link I can use the launcher is broke
  • Options
    dmolisher1dmolisher1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 90 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I got same problem ...
    I got script error ... wanna run paige as are or no scripts. When starting game up.
    Been here for 5 days having fun, till i updated.
    Bards are awesome ... music and great tales off adventures.
  • Options
    redstonedawnredstonedawn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Quests
    Guild Bank
    • Fixed an issue in which bank tabs after the first would claim to only cost 150,000 Astral Diamonds, when they actually cost more.

This is great; any idea when the issue will be fixed in which any non-leaders cannot access secondary tabs despite permissions being appropriately set?
  • Options
    koraneskoranes Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    how about a reply on an ETA for the launcher issue
  • Options
    apocrs1980apocrs1980 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Silverstars Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Yup, same here Launcher is busted. :P
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    The Cragsteep Crypt - BETA
    Ravenloft
    Look for@Apocrs1980 or visit the main page here or Ravenloft here
  • Options
    sargonaskainsargonaskain Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Umm, another far bigger issue is, is there a way to refund these people who lost out on their A.D. because of this bug and will the transactions of lost A.D. be able to be refunded still?

I know from personal experience i've lost at least 400,000 A.D. due to this bug and that's putting it very generously low. Also, the Astral Diamond Exchange randomly took 1000 zen from my account and I know I didn't purchase anything, I just open and closed the window really fast and I saw 1000 zen drop from my wallet for no apparent reason.

These game breaking bugs are more serious because real money is involved and these kind of mistakes are the equivalent of stealing practically.

I'm in the same boat, and wondering the same. I filled a support ticket on this on thursday, but have yet to hear back on it. I hope they refund it since I too am missing just short of 300,000 AD. Fortunately, I know of 1 or 2 cryptic employees who also had this happen to them for more than you and I combined, so hopefully that will help encourage them to refund us. ;) hehe
  • Options
    porkbun408porkbun408 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    downloader still broken? or are they fixing it
  • Options
    deathtognomesdeathtognomes Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 131 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2013
    The real sad thing is that a few of these patch notes were issues posted during alpha/CB testing
    "..putting a gnome on the barbie later, you coming?"
  • Options
    faiteaccompliifaiteaccomplii Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 2
    edited April 2013
    My launcher is broken?
  • Options
    thevlakathevlaka Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    s'funny how beta weekends, alphas and all that jazz amounted to nothing.
  • Options
    waylander007waylander007 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    forget that.. why doesnt the auto launcher work since the update....
  • Options
    koromas13koromas13 Member Posts: 75
    edited May 2013
    Good work keep it up !!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
This discussion has been closed.