test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

"unofficial" US Server?

skeebyskeeby Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 17 Arc User
edited April 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
Is there one? I just logged into beholder only to find about 80% of the population is french. I dont mind playing with other people, but after playing Age of Wushu for the past couple weeks i wouldnt mind playign with people in the hsame time zone.

Is Mindflayer or Dragon more heavily US populated?
Post edited by skeeby on

Comments

• Options
    doomtrigger1doomtrigger1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    um i thought this was Us only....
  • Options
    hosteezhosteez Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Whoa, wait a minute.....Other countries have internet?!?!?!
  • Options
    vyerrisvyerris Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I haven't seen anything but English on Mindflayer. I don't pay much attention to chat though.
  • Options
    maxpoweryomaxpoweryo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I have a similar question, but im looking for an unofficial european server. I dont want to join that french server you mentioned, i would like to find one where english-speaking eu population plays. Does anyting like that exist?
  • Options
    sodbobsodsodbobsod Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    dragon has english and few others by mainly english speaking ppl on it.
  • Options
    sodbobsodsodbobsod Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    hahahahhaahhahahha
  • Options
    infinityzeroduninfinityzerodun Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    There is no "EU or US shards" the servers are all world.
  • Options
    astaziaastazia Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 51
    edited April 2013
    It doesn't matter, servers will be merged soon. This is just a temporary setup to spread release loads.
  • Options
    rawkurawku Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Uh, only 3 servers and they're getting merged? How about a dedicated EU server, because with the lag I'm pretty sure they're somewhere in the US, which kind of sucks (a lot).
  • Options
    faustasdmfaustasdm Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    So high ping for EU then :/
    Artificer.jpg
  • Options
    dr3af0dr3af0 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    rawku wrote: »
    Uh, only 3 servers and they're getting merged? How about a dedicated EU server, because with the lag I'm pretty sure they're somewhere in the US, which kind of sucks (a lot).

They will not merge into one server. They will merge into one Shard. A shard is many servers connected together.
    That means that everyone will be together but you will not lag, because you will connect to the shard from Europe.
    Eve Online works like that too.
  • Options
    mooidinkmooidink Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I live in South Africa, me (and mine) are used to high latency (like 200ms is awesome in SA terms), but these super servers are utter nonsense. First we are forced to pair with US half the time and (as any SA gaming enthusiast can tell you), it is THE WORST servers to try and merge us with. We are talking permanent 500-600ms here - on a good day. Now I know its early days still but they must not try and bs us by saying we will be automatically connected to the "best" server in relation to our location. The best (besides having a local server to which I would always be connected to) would be dedicated EU servers (usually in France its pretty good). Perfect-world WILL bleed players all over the world if they do not pay attention to this problem, I will be among the first and I will take as many of the SA gaming community with me as possible. And from what I have been reading it is not an issue for people from my country only. I Love the Neverwinter franchise and I am sad that amateurish bull like this should hamper a great game...

At dr3af0 above me here: the "theory" is that you will have no lag, the reality from the past 3 days of playing for me and my friends has been consistent, highly erratic LAGG.
  • Options
    bobzebrickbobzebrick Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    If I am going to be pinging to american servers for an MMO with PvP I'm calling it quits with this game already. My ping is 1600-1800 atm but this is launch. Still come on, seriously if one of these shards isn't based in the EU you guys are idiotic.
  • Options
    hipolipolopigushipolipolopigus Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    All of the shards are in a single Californian datacenter. Have fun.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Want to know why Neverwinter is so laggy? Check out the "Latency" section in this thread.
  • Options
    astaziaastazia Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 51
    edited April 2013
    Realistically somebody with a decent connection in a developed country can ping the other side of the planet in under 250ms. EU to US in under 100ms. Most games you see with EU servers are just labeled as such and given a relevant time zone so people online at the same times can play together, these servers are still located in the same place as the US servers. Ping is ridiculous at the moment because the servers are overloaded and it's taking ages for them to return a response, do a traceroute and you'll see the packets are actually reaching the servers in a time range you'd be comfortable playing with.
  • Options
    oliinoliin Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    vyerris wrote: »
    I haven't seen anything but English on Mindflayer. I don't pay much attention to chat though.

Over the weekend I saw people speaking both French and German on Mindflayer as well as people recruiting specifically for non-US guilds. Then again, I tend to play at off-hours in the US so I'm much more likely to see them I think.
  • Options
    bobzebrickbobzebrick Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    dr3af0 wrote: »
    Eve Online works like that too.

Yeah but Eve is using a supercomputer, do you see Perfect World giving the OK for one those?... No.
  • Options
    ascher11tascher11t Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 47
    edited April 2013
    All of the shards are in a single Californian datacenter. Have fun.

No they aren't.
  • Options
    hipolipolopigushipolipolopigus Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    ascher11t wrote: »
    No they aren't.

Yes, they are. See my thread here.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Want to know why Neverwinter is so laggy? Check out the "Latency" section in this thread.