test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Headstart was fun -- thanks everyone!

imivoimivo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1,682 Bounty Hunter
edited April 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
Well, the headstart is coming to an end, and I wanted to say thanks for the great experience on Dragon! Very little flaming in the NW zone chat, good groups where people rolled greed unless they needed something, folks throwing heals when they passed by, plenty of humor and a great community feel!

There were also almost no technical issues and only minimal downtimes, which was really refreshing compared to other headstarts.

This is an awesome community so far! :)
Unsure about skills and feats? Check the Master List of Class Builds!
Post edited by imivo on

Comments

• Options
    werealchemistwerealchemist Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    34 minutes and counting im so **** excited
    21.jpg
  • Options
    rhcpmikeyrhcpmikey Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Yeah, i's been a fun three days indeed. Hope the community ingame stays the same, but i doubt it.
    Zironako - level 60 - control wizard
    Lucience - level 16 - trickster rogue
    Dragon server
  • Options
    kilo418kilo418 Member Posts: 823 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Agreed. Was a great experience. Let's hope the community can withstand the less-desirable members of the F2P community. I really don't want to deal with the kind of people you meet in LoL here also.
  • Options
    azrael4271azrael4271 Member Posts: 132 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    i enjoyed dragon as well. thank you community for being awesome!
  • Options
    loco55loco55 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    kilo418 wrote: »
    Agreed. Was a great experience. Let's hope the community can withstand the less-desirable members of the F2P community. I really don't want to deal with the kind of people you meet in LoL here also.

I have noticed that recently a lot of hate has been thrown at the LOL community,what are people really complaining about?
    I mean, the forums aren't that bad (just go to the DOTA1 forum and you will see), also messages get buried so fast that they barely receive any hate. And as far as the gameplay goes, newbies are either friendly or don't talk. Most of the people that complain are old players stuck in elo hell. I know what I am talking about since I have been playing LOL almost since it came out.
  • Options
    sominatorsominator Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Thanks everybody! We're excited for everyone to join in on the fun! :)
    Proud member of Team Fencebane, official guild of the unofficial Neverwinter Adventure Hour!
  • Options
    jeronanjeronan Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 54
    edited April 2013
    imivo wrote: »
    Well, the headstart is coming to an end, and I wanted to say thanks for the great experience on Dragon! Very little flaming in the NW zone chat, good groups where people rolled greed unless they needed something, folks throwing heals when they passed by, plenty of humor and a great community feel!

There were also almost no technical issues and only minimal downtimes, which was really refreshing compared to other headstarts.

This is an awesome community so far! :)

Now be prepared to have this community be downgraded to F2P level. /shrug

But first we gonna experience some serious server crashes I Guess. Like what happened at STO launch and again when STO went F2P. Long Queue times. Etc. Etc.
  • Options
    doowie1982doowie1982 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 284 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2013
    Server explosion incoming in 22 minutes xD
    60 Dwarf Devoted Cleric
    60 Drow Trickster Rogue
    11 Elf Control Wizard

Server:
    Beholder
    Guild:
    Praetor Lupus
    Guild Website: http://www.PraetorLupus.com

Hero of the North & Guardian of Neverwinter Founder.
  • Options
    kilo418kilo418 Member Posts: 823 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    loco55 wrote: »
    I have noticed that recently a lot of hate has been thrown at the LOL community,what are people really complaining about?
    I mean, the forums aren't that bad (just go to the DOTA1 forum and you will see), also messages get buried so fast that they barely receive any hate. And as far as the gameplay goes, newbies are either friendly or don't talk. Most of the people that complain are old players stuck in elo hell. I know what I am talking about since I have been playing LOL almost since it came out.

My issue is with the ingame attitudes of many player found in unrated games. I am not the best player in LOL, but I do enjoy playing it. It just really gets old when someone tells you "ROFL usobad, go uninstall and hang yourself" everytime you die. the sad part is, that was an actual quote of what was typed when a player got turret rushed by the entire enemy team.
  • Options
    jeronanjeronan Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 54
    edited April 2013
    My issue is with the ingame attitudes of many player found in unrated games. I am not the best player in LOL, but I do enjoy playing it. It just really gets old when someone tells you "ROFL usobad, go uninstall and hang yourself" everytime you die. the sad part is, that was an actual quote of what was typed when a player got turret rushed by the entire enemy team.

The usual freeloader community. Not gonna be any different here.

People can be Complete Jack as*es and if they get banned. No biggie.... just create another account.

Serious downside of F2P games sadly.
  • Options
    ledarrledarr Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    All was well, I was on Dragon as well.
  • Options
    frost168frost168 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    pay 2 win ;) cough cough had to say it :cool:

but seriously. Thanks to all those who got a head start for reporting bugs and glitches to hopefully make things run smoother for those just entering the game in 15min ;)

Also thanks to all those who posted up info on builds, items, quests, skills, ect, ect.

For those about to enter, please keep the friendly atsomphere that we have enjoyed the last few days. Keep the negativity to the forums, people don't want to hear all that while they play.

and most of all. Have fun !!!
  • Options
    loco55loco55 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013

I honestly rarely see that when I play, maybe it has to do with the fact that I play with a couple of friends and I fight against other organized groups that have more than 1/2 a brain, or maybe my win/lose ration puts me against better and more intelligent opponents, even though it is far from impressive. Normally I have pretty chilled matches TBH.

Now going back to this game. I am gonna be one of those F2P users when the game launches in a few mins, how is the game overall when compared to tittles such as GW2 and Tera? I keep reading mostly mixed and negative reviews about the game on the net, most saying that it is nothing original and that the only thing that it has going for it is the foundry. How true is this?
    I would have purchase an early pass but they were freaking expensive, honestly $60 for just a head start and a few in game items... were a little too much IMO.
  • Options
    agentjasporagentjaspor Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Silverstars Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
  • Options
    imivoimivo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1,682 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2013
    So many new people! :)

As for the quality of a community, I think the business model isn't what decides it. At least not solely. If you look at the MMO with the most subscriptions, it does not really feature a friendly, welcoming community these days. On the other hand you have free games with genuinely nice folks. At the end of the day we can help to shape it, e.g. by being helpful, by not rewarding trolls with attention, by creating or supporting quality foundry creations, and so on. I think the game's off to a good start.
    Unsure about skills and feats? Check the Master List of Class Builds!