test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

What is with all the P2W thread popping up?

doowie1982doowie1982 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 284 Bounty Hunter
edited April 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
Hey all,

What is with all these console kiddies/wow kiddies making posts about Neverwinter being Pay 2 Win? I've yet to see items on the Zen Store, which are items or armour. Is it because they are jealous of the founders who were able to afford their Guardian or Hero pack?

I see that most of the people making those threads are newly created accounts, so it appears it's either the same person or the same small group of people.

People saying there whining ingame about this, must be looking at another games chat as I've yet to see anyone talking about this kind of topic.

However I can tell people right now who actually do want to play this game, there you will indeed have restrictions due to be non-founders, but you DO NOT have to put money into the game to increase your pet slots, banks lots, bag slots or character slots. You have the option to get your Astral Diamonds ingame through your daily quests and through your professions. Sure it will take you longer compared to someone who wishes to put money into buy their slots with cash, but this is their choice.

Neverwinter is in my opinion one of the biggest proper free 2 play MMOs out there, which doesn't restrict you in regards to level cap, limited number of PvP games or number of times you can do dungeons.

Just remember that you will have a limited number of character slots, so just think about what you want to play and please take the time to build your character's appearance as to change it, it does cost you a token, which can be bought with Zen or you can buy zen with the Astral Diamonds you collect ingame.

Remember that people will try and make up <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> to give a game a bad reputation because they are already unhappy with the games they are playing as they want to experience their frustration by trying to make people feel the same.

So ignore all the <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> you read on the forums from these silly little people and enjoy the game. If you find a bug, then use the ingame feature to report a bug, if you have an issue with someone or something else, then make a customer support ticket.

Trust me, you will really enjoy this game.

45 minutes to go! Have a great time guys and girls!
60 Dwarf Devoted Cleric
60 Drow Trickster Rogue
11 Elf Control Wizard

Server:
Beholder
Guild:
Praetor Lupus
Guild Website: http://www.PraetorLupus.com

Hero of the North & Guardian of Neverwinter Founder.
Post edited by doowie1982 on

Comments

• Options
    mandodo69mandodo69 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Silverstars Posts: 6
    edited April 2013
    Cry babies who have not played the game but listen to troll is all.
  • Options
    kaltoumkaltoum Member Posts: 160 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I agree with everything you said other than console kiddies and wow kiddies part.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    nephtnepht Member Posts: 5,826 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Hell I have even seen PTW threads in the SR3 forums. Moaners gonna moan.
  • Options
    dantosdantos Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 52
    edited April 2013
    The only thing i dont like is the cost of bags and respecs. Other than that I dont have a problem. Then again I'm used to being able to make my own bags in games.
  • Options
    archanjo17041985archanjo17041985 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    today its gonna be " fun " with all the kids coming only to flame and troll in the chat.
    " wow is bester " still have this in mind from chat spam of some 15 yo.
    who let the dogs out!!! :)
    i think ill turn off chat till tomorrow
    i7 3770k @ 4.0//HD 7950 WF3//16 GB ram Corsair @ 1600//Corsair 120 GB SSD x 2//Hyper Evo 212
  • Options
    kaos3083kaos3083 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 2
    edited April 2013
    Meh i could care less about what other people have or spend in game.... i play to have fun like every game should be played.
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    i think ill turn off chat till tomorrow

Wisest post yet in this forum.
  • Options
    doowie1982doowie1982 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 284 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2013
    Well just remember that if you get idiots ingame who are spamming chat, then just report them to the customer support team and then add them to your ignore list.
    60 Dwarf Devoted Cleric
    60 Drow Trickster Rogue
    11 Elf Control Wizard

Server:
    Beholder
    Guild:
    Praetor Lupus
    Guild Website: http://www.PraetorLupus.com

Hero of the North & Guardian of Neverwinter Founder.
  • Options
    werealchemistwerealchemist Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    nepht wrote: »
    Wisest post yet in this forum.

I respectfully disagree
    kaos3083 wrote: »
    Meh i could care less about what other people have or spend in game.... i play to have fun like every game should be played.

I vote this one wins
    21.jpg
  • Options
    scrolltro0lscrolltro0l Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 233 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2013
    Now now, lets be nice.

Would be hypocritical if we started raging against the corruption. Besides, isn't it better for us that they talk? It'll lead to a great deal of confidence in their point, which will be used as grounds for their early abandonment of the game.

Good Riddance!
    Member of Order of the Raven Guild

scroll_sig.png
    lgz_sig.png
  • Options
    mutharexmutharex Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Yes but then they'll come in this forum and do the same or worst. Like every time a new game comes out
  • Options
    beeblesplaysbeeblesplays Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    You can buy AD with real money, then spend said AD on gear.
  • Options
    mutharexmutharex Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    They usually leave after at least a month of two of hard trolling. being this F2P, probably longer
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    I respectfully disagree

Quote Originally Posted by kaos3083:

I vote this one wins

Wise words Indeed .
  • Options
    lanessar13lanessar13 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Silverstars Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    doowie1982 wrote: »
    What is with all these console kiddies/wow kiddies making posts about Neverwinter being Pay 2 Win?

90% of the stuff I've read is because someone can buy something that they do not have the money to purchase.
  • Options
    thevlakathevlaka Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    the thing with bags it wouldnt be so bad if they expected us to pay for the bag slot but atleast allow us to craft our own freaking bags and not pay $10 for them.
  • Options
    k4131k4131 Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    and yet you add another P2W thread lol.

just find it funny is all

didn't read post but if its free you get kids with no money who want everything
  • Options
    werealchemistwerealchemist Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    You can buy AD with real money, then spend said AD on gear.

but it is the same gear you can get without buying the zen. Here let me do this again
    1. pay-to-win
    Games that let you buy better gear or allow you to make better items then everyone else then makes the game largely unbalanced even for people who have skill in the game without paying.

by literal definition this game is not pay to win
    21.jpg
  • Options
    archanjo17041985archanjo17041985 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    agree. its not pay to win at all.
    this is pay to win :

you can make your gear +1 / +2 / +3 / +4 - +12
    and there are runes on the item shop that allows you to get the piece of gear to +12 with no fail

you can increase the tier of your gear with combined runes, and there are runes already to buy directly from the item shop.

you can buy daily reset with credit card so you can level every alt to max in 4 or 5 hours

your gear breaks when you die, and if it is a low durability gear you have to buy with credit card hammers to make it high durability untill you die again

Lots will now what company im talking about here.

cof* runewaker cof*
    i7 3770k @ 4.0//HD 7950 WF3//16 GB ram Corsair @ 1600//Corsair 120 GB SSD x 2//Hyper Evo 212
  • Options
    coldfusion1122coldfusion1122 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    but it is the same gear you can get without buying the zen. Here let me do this again

by literal definition this game is not pay to win

I don't think anyone would call this game P2W if they removed the AD refinement daily cap. The current situation is grind for months/weeks because of the cap or pay and get everything instantly.
  • Options
    aurennaurenn Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    People are calling it P2W because you can buy AD with Zen. By doing so, you can then use said AD to buy powerful weapons. I do wish some things could be purchased for straight AD. My only real concern is the inability to trash the Nightmare lock boxes and you have to use enchanted keys to open then or auction them off.

Considering getting the AD to transfer into enough zen to get rid of your lockboxes, which could be A LOT of lock boxes, it would take a lengthy amount of time. Sure you don't HAVE to spend zen, you can just use AD as you said, but because you can use Zen and get stuff FASTER, people will call this game P2W.

Apparently the meaning of P2W has gone from "You can only get these super OP weapons and armor with real money!" to "You can pay to get this quicker? P2W!"
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    Will have to add I have played MMO's since 1997 and I have an INSANE amount of game consoles ranging from the Atari 2600 to the current generation so not all console game players are children. The console kiddies remark is some what stupid as the "console kiddies" are to busy playing CoD and Halo to give to S@%$ about another fantasy MMO no matter how good it is