test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

persistent game crash

dvirbldvirbl Member Posts: 21 Arc User
edited July 2013 in Bug Reports (PC)
each time i play the game it crashes after a time with the same error message, this has been going on since the start of the open beta, before that i wasn't even able to play it without immediate crashes.
the message it writes is:

Fatal Error: Direct3D driver returned error code(E_OUTOFMEMORY) while creating a texture.
Technical details: E_OUTOFMEMORY while creating 2D texture size 820 x 465(1 mips, RTEX_BGRA_U8), 960.12 MB RAM, 172.68 MB virtual space availiable
Post edited by dvirbl on

Comments

• Options
    helpmeoutherehelpmeouthere Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Update all your drivers bro, out of date drivers will cause this error
  • Options
    dvirbldvirbl Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    my drivers are all updated, that was the first thing i tried when i got the error
  • Options
    catspurr1stcatspurr1st Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I don't have this problem, but my GF who sits 5 foot from me does. Are you using 32-bit computers? I had to replace my 32-bit one with a 64-bit one last year when my comp died, but my GF still has a 32-bit one. Also I play Firefall a bit and they have the same problem with the 'Out Of Memory'. They said it was due to 32 bit computers ONLY and that they set all grapgics settings to HIGH temporarily for those with 32-bit. This seems to sort the problem, but can lead to severe lagging which may make the game unplayable anyways. Sorry I can't be much more help. Is something PWE are gonna have to sort out with their differentiation between the 32 and 64-bit programming.