test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Could we get a public-end to the gateway?

scrolltro0lscrolltro0l Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 233 Bounty Hunter
edited April 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
Gateway is great and all, but what's the fun in having sweet-*** armor if you can't show it off to your friends?

The character sheet has an image, but you cant even share it outside your login session (you have to be logged into the gateway to even see the image), and the naming convention is random (instead of giving the image the name of something memorable, such as your character's name, the image's name is random numbers). So even if you were to lift the login requirement, it would be very difficult to dynamically embed an image based on a person's character name and username.

Same goes for guilds, you can't see them outside the gateway's login session. I think the gateway should have an optional login so that we can integrate Neverwinter into our own guildsites. If this is too much work for the cryptic team, perhaps some of the developers of Neverwinter can team up to make a website and PW/Cryptic can give us our own database with information such as guild rosters, character gear, etc.
Member of Order of the Raven Guild

scroll_sig.png
lgz_sig.png
Post edited by scrolltro0l on

Comments

• scrolltro0lscrolltro0l Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 233 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2013
    Forced to bump my own thread. Apologies

scroll_sig.png
    lgz_sig.png
  • ixothixoth Member Posts: 59 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    +1

Firstly thanks for the gateway its great service to assign my crafters to do different assignments when I'm offline from game :)

I'd also like to see some sort of web api like in blizzard games (wow, d3) so I could then make my own windows phone / iPhone app to show the info about my characters. Could the devs please consider adding this functionality and publish as well the api similarly to this? http://blizzard.github.io/api-wow-docs
  • scrolltro0lscrolltro0l Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 233 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2013
    ixoth wrote: »
    I'd also like to see some sort of web api like in blizzard games (wow, d3)...

Precisely what I mean!

So far, all I've been able to do is take a manual list of guilds and put them into a database to jumpstart a guild-directory project (very similar to what was done for guild wars 2). I'm hoping that with some proof of concept, cryptic would be more willing to spend some time on this.

Original Thread: http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?142461-Which-Shard-is-your-Guild-Starting-on
    Database Output: http://scroll.laggy.pk/shards/guilds.php

scroll_sig.png
    lgz_sig.png
  • inconsiderateinconsiderate Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 73
    edited April 2013
    I agree with this. I would love to be able to show off my characters and how awesome I am at pvp. ;)
    On a side note - the gateway still isn't working on many android devices.
  • chezruchezru Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I agree with this. I would love to be able to show off my characters and how awesome I am at pvp. ;)
    On a side note - the gateway still isn't working on many android devices.

This. It is very hit or miss for me as well. Not sure why it should be an issue, since you access with a browser, but it won't accept my button presses most of the time or it won't stay on the popup to assign a worker.

Very cool feature, but need it to work better. :p
    edited April 2013
    I don't know PW/Cryptic's protocol for outsourcing. They did let Curse do the 'official wiki' but I've no idea how Curse operates. To get a real public interface, I think we'd have to first show off some progress (as I mentioned before) so that they know we're serious about this. Once the framework is laid out, the API should follow.

Because I don't run a company, nor planning on doing this for profit, I'd definitely need some help with development, as my specialty is limited to just web design. If we just got our own database from Cryptic, we could even make the API with which devlopers like ixoth could further extend integration of Neverwinter.

(In Simple Language: This would be the start of dynamic signatures, images, webpages, and more; all based on your character(s)/guild(s).)

scroll_sig.png
    lgz_sig.png
  • albinatekla94albinatekla94 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    bumpity boop
    edited April 2013
    bumpity boop

This forum is way to active for an obscure topic like this, haha. Thanks for the interest.

scroll_sig.png
    lgz_sig.png