test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Duo looking for a guild- EU (UK)

sefeniasefenia Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 54
Hi there,

I've been browsing the guild forums quite a bit trying to pick out a guild thats right for me, but I've got to be honest, I'm struggling as theres so many to choose from and I'm not sure that we would fit into a lot of them (Seems to be a lot of history around some of the guilds, and a lot of expectation / requirements other than common sense).

So I figured I'd put my own mini post up here and see if any of you guild representatives out there think that your guild would be a good fit for us, so that I can at least narrow down my search to a few that might be more likely to accept us.

So with that in mind, my husband and I are looking for a guild - We both enjoy PvP and PvE content so ideally the guild would be interested in both aspects. We're both in our 20's and have led / helped lead guilds in the past, and as a general rule since we're aware of the challenges guild leaders face, we're pretty low maintenance in terms of drama and attention seeking. More often than not we run through the storyline together but then do our own thing so we're not adverse to splitting up and going doing whatever (Some couples want to be paired up all the time but that's not us so much). Most of all we're looking for a decent place to hang out so we can have more than just eachother online on our friends list... We've never really gone in for the big 'multi-gaming' guilds, however that being said we're not opposed to large guilds, just that we've always gone with smaller ones, but the size of guild isn't really a deal breaker.

Like I say most of all were looking for an active guild to park our characters in, In terms of online time, normally we clock a fair few hours online per day but theres no consistancy as we sometimes do other stuff after work... And thats really about it...

If you think we would be a good fit and would consider us for your guild, please reply with a link to your website or a bit about yourselves so I can have a poke around.

Thanks for taking the time to read

Alina Burrows

(Also light roleplay is a bonus for myself especially ! )
vn7W95H.png
Post edited by sefenia on

Comments

• scrolltro0lscrolltro0l Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 233 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2013
    I'm surprised nobody has replied to this yet, you should definitely checkout Order of the Raven. Some of your key points that we hit spot-on include the light roleplay, free of insane requirements, lots of activity, and drama-free.

Guild Recruitment Post: http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?124231-Order-of-the-Raven-Casual-Guild-Awesome-Community!/page5
    Guild Page: http://laggygamerz.com/raven
    Member of Order of the Raven Guild

scroll_sig.png
    lgz_sig.png
  • sefeniasefenia Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 54
    edited April 2013
    Hey Scrolltro0l, I was looking at your LG forums earlier and was wondering how busy your Neverwinter section was. Also I'm more of a forum roleplayer for character building, would there be space for me there? :) Thanks for getting back to us!

-Alina
    vn7W95H.png
  • scrolltro0lscrolltro0l Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 233 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2013
    sefenia wrote: »
    Also I'm more of a forum roleplayer for character building, would there be space for me there? :) Thanks for getting back to us!

-Alina

Alina,

Interesting you would say that because we were earlier discussing creating a page for people to roleplay. If you look at my recruitment post, you'll see a snippet of lore and we're planning to use that as a stepping stone for a creating a collage of stories from our members.

Though the forums would seem an easy place to do that, I'm planning on doing a seperate website for this (perhaps like a wiki? I'm still bouncing ideas). As a web developer, I like to get some feedback from my members before starting projects to make the users feel like it was designed just for them.

So if you'd like to join the Ravens and contribute some design ideas for such a zone, I would be more than happy to get great ideas as I'm pretty new to the whole roleplaying thing.
    I was looking at your LG forums earlier and was wondering how busy your Neverwinter section was.
    Hard to say specifically for NW as we're a growing community. We have a good amount of new members coming in from Neverwinter and we've never done a fantasy roleplay group before. Most of our members so far have been with us for 2-3 years from other games, and they are active in them.

scroll_sig.png
    lgz_sig.png
  • sefeniasefenia Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 54
    edited April 2013
    We are considering your guild, but please allow me to bump this page to gather more attention for choices. :)
    vn7W95H.png
  • jaysdawgjaysdawg Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Join Sinister Swarm: We value RESPECT – staying positive, having loads of fun. We are a mature family oriented guild. We keep our Vent & Guild chat at a PG-13 status. No trash talking, no cursing, no disrespecting our members or others in game. The SIN tag represents us all! Our play speaks for itself. Website: www.sinisterswarm.com

attachment.php?attachmentid=3066&d=1365396986
    "There is more in the heart of man than money can buy"
    bortak.jpg
    Knight of Sinister Swarm
    Join The Sinister Swarm | Visit Our Website | About Us!
    bortak@sinisterswarm.com
  • rystar9999rystar9999 Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Im also looking for a guild, Sorry to Thread Hijack but im unable to create topics of my own :( so please let me know how your search goes on.
    edited April 2013
    rystar9999 wrote: »
    Im also looking for a guild, Sorry to Thread Hijack but im unable to create topics of my own :( so please let me know how your search goes on.

So far there doesn't seem to be many choices for guilds for founders who don't have guilds. There are a few good ones, but I'm unsure if they're the ones for us.
    At this point I'd consider creating my own but real life is so chaotic and hectic. Such is the life of a chef I suppose though ^^
    Good luck, Rystar, and feel free to hijack. :)
    vn7W95H.png
  • cptblobscptblobs Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Hi all ,i am cptblobs from overclock3D ,i have been reading this thread with great interest because we have people within our community who want to play this game but don't have people/leaders to run it :(,we have the means to recruit for the people in charge but don't have the leaders to take care of them when they join.

We as a community can offer alot to leaders if they would take up this opportunity to run there own section within our community.

If you would like to take about this more then just send me a PM;)
    edited April 2013
    cptblobs wrote: »
    Hi all ,i am cptblobs from overclock3D ,i have been reading this thread with great interest because we have people within our community who want to play this game but don't have people/leaders to run it :(,we have the means to recruit for the people in charge but don't have the leaders to take care of them when they join.

We as a community can offer alot to leaders if they would take up this opportunity to run there own section within our community.

If you would like to take about this more then just send me a PM;)

Thanks, Cptblobs. I saw your PM.
    And yeah I'm pretty much retired when it comes to guild leading. It took over my life in several games for several years. I just don't have the time for it anymore.

Although, I have no qualms about helping out with any roleplay functions in guilds. I'm a very creative person and usually have a few hours a day (and at least two days off a week) to post on forums or host events.

-Alina
    vn7W95H.png
    edited April 2013
    We are considering your guild, but please allow me to bump this page to gather more attention for choices. :)

Sure thing. There is a great resource available for you to find more guilds in case nothing here matches your needs: http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?142461-Which-Shard-is-your-Guild-Starting-on.

Since you are looking for role-playing, you will want to stick with Mindflayer.

Best of Luck in your search!

scroll_sig.png
    lgz_sig.png
    edited April 2013
    Sure thing. There is a great resource available for you to find more guilds in case nothing here matches your needs: http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?142461-Which-Shard-is-your-Guild-Starting-on.

Since you are looking for role-playing, you will want to stick with Mindflayer.

Best of Luck in your search!

We went with Dragon, if we don't roleplay it's not a huge deal breaker.
    vn7W95H.png
    edited April 2013
    We went with Dragon, if we don't roleplay it's not a huge deal breaker.

Also note, the shards will eventually be merged. Mindflayer was simply marked 'Roleplaying Shard', unofficially, by the community.

scroll_sig.png
    lgz_sig.png
  • cptblobscptblobs Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Thanks, Cptblobs. I saw your PM.
    And yeah I'm pretty much retired when it comes to guild leading. It took over my life in several games for several years. I just don't have the time for it anymore.

Although, I have no qualms about helping out with any roleplay functions in guilds. I'm a very creative person and usually have a few hours a day (and at least two days off a week) to post on forums or host events.

-Alina

Ah Fair point buddy.
  • aaron92232aaron92232 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Hey ^^

I've decided to start a guild up in this game after my semi success in guild wars 2, Not going into too much detail wouldnt want to bore you :P

What we strive for is a open friendly guild full of people of all backgrounds and ages who take the game in their own stride to make the most of their experience playing it how they want when they want with no true responsibility. I also don't believe in owning a guild / ranks = power over others, even proved in my guild I created 300 odd strong in Guild wars 2 that its not needed. I feel as ranks should be down to responsibilities which over time ANYONE could achieve NOT power ^^ and that everyone should be a loud to air their views in the open.

-As far as the game goes we aim to go for both pvp and pve, Also in the idea of creating a guild story line quest. (with help of others)
    -No requirements.
    -The game is what you make it.
    -We have a mumble server for voip
    -some of us who are starting this project also play other games together too.

Personal information about myself if needed? aha
    -I'm 21
    -London, England
    -Will be playing with my girlfriend (yes we're a gaming couple :D) + others from games and people I know in outside of gaming.

Heres the link to the ad i just posted http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?162071-Experienced-guild-leader-looking-to-form-Causal-Social-Guild-(ALL-WELCOME)&p=2274261#post2274261

Hope you both find the guild you're looking for,
    Aaron :D
    edited April 2013
    Alright I've chosen the guild for the two of us. Thank you all for the notes and personal messages. And even the offer to lead one. Made my day that!
    Ray, we ended up picking Aaron's guild if that helps you at all. :)
    vn7W95H.png
    edited April 2013
    Alright I've chosen the guild for the two of us. Thank you all for the notes and personal messages. And even the offer to lead one. Made my day that!
    Ray, we ended up picking Aaron's guild if that helps you at all. :)

Woohoo! Good luck to the four of you!

scroll_sig.png
    lgz_sig.png