test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Whats is up with the daily quests?

dramdrumdramdrum Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 43
edited April 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
I had 3 of them on my journal and they just disappeared before i could complete them!

And now the daily quest npc does not give me any. Tried on another character, same thing, no daily quests at all.

Are they bugged or something?
Post edited by dramdrum on

Comments

• Options
    nec0enec0e Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    yea they were working yesterday but today...all gone
  • Options
    lanessar13lanessar13 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Silverstars Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    They were repeatable every 15 minutes, and were removed before it could be exploited.

Much.
  • Options
    dramdrumdramdrum Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 43
    edited April 2013
    lanessar13 wrote: »
    They were repeatable every 15 minutes, and were removed before it could be exploited.

Much.

Uh-oh.

Wish they would post a message letting people know they where intentionaly removed though.
  • Options
    astaziaastazia Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 51
    edited April 2013
    I could not repeat them every 15 minutes... They would show back up on the quest list from Rhix immediately after turning them in but I could not click on them to reaccept even several hours later.
  • Options
    l1zardo1l1zardo1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Ya ... Dragon Server, I ran them once only. The options were still there, but selecting on you had already completed did nothing at all.

Option there, quest not given. After reset I was able to select a skirmish and get 1000 AD. After that they had all vanished lol
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    Yes they where kinda buggy like that but at least they (mostly) worked.

I hope they bring them back soon, how are we going to make any AD without them? Skirmishes only and the scraps you get from praying/leadership?
  • Options
    jeronanjeronan Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 54
    edited April 2013
    dramdrum wrote: »
    Yes they where kinda buggy like that but at least they (mostly) worked.

I hope they bring them back soon, how are we going to make any AD without them? Skirmishes only and the scraps you get from praying/leadership?

They want Your "real" Money. So I Guess now they expect People to start converting Zen to AD. ;-)
  • Options
    elenoe8elenoe8 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    jeronan wrote: »
    They want Your "real" Money. So I Guess now they expect People to start converting Zen to AD. ;-)

doesn't work how you think it is. People cannot convert ZEN to AD IF there are not enough (no new) AD in the game. AD NEEDS to be created by players as a lot of them burn on AH and NPC.
  • Options
    astaziaastazia Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 51
    edited April 2013
    Well currently there's still a ridiculous amount of AD in circulation, so they could "maybe" be trying to reduce that to get AD/Z prices below 500/1. I highly doubt it though, they are probably just fixing it or already did and people just need to wait for the next daily reset to grab them again.
  • Options
    jeronanjeronan Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 54
    edited April 2013
    astazia wrote: »
    Well currently there's still a ridiculous amount of AD in circulation, so they could "maybe" be trying to reduce that to get AD/Z prices below 500/1. I highly doubt it though, they are probably just fixing it or already did and people just need to wait for the next daily reset to grab them again.

I have seen many of these kind of practices in F2P games.
    People that bough the Hero package got 2 million AD and People With the Guardian package 800k.

If they notice People aren't burning fast enough through their AD reserve.... then what better way than to "temporarily" remove quests from the game that generate AD. Then after some days (or week(s)) when they see people's AD reserve has depleted enough, the quests will be "magically" fixed and put back into the game.

Classic F2P tactics 101.
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    Problem is that the current situation is not detrimental to Cryptic. People are clearly trading lots of AD for Zen, which is why AD is so worthless currently, which means people need to earn a lot more AD to buy anything from the Zen shop. This works out in Cryptic's favor, and in fact I'm proof of that since I bought 4 characters slots with 1000 Zen I bought directly from them since trading 500k AD for the same felt ridiculous to me. If they are deliberately trying to reduce the AD in the economy, this is something that only helps players, not them.
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    Problem is that the current situation is not detrimental to Cryptic. People are clearly trading lots of AD for Zen, which is why AD is so worthless currently, which means people need to earn a lot more AD to buy anything from the Zen shop. This works out in Cryptic's favor, and in fact I'm proof of that since I bought 4 characters slots with 1000 Zen I bought directly from them since trading 500k AD for the same felt ridiculous to me. If they are deliberately trying to reduce the AD in the economy, this is something that only helps players, not them.

How is that gonna help players?

The less AD you're able to make... the more inclined you get to start spending Money in the Zen store to get what you want.
    That is the Whole philosophy behind F2P!

They make the beginning of the game easy like a breeze... get you hooked and addicted to the game, then they ramp up the difficulty when you get higher Level. Everything becomes more expensive. You start burning much faster through AD, like echanting, Mount Upgrades, Companion Upgrades, etc costing huge amounts of AD. Pot drops declining significantly to burn Your gold away.

Then People start to become desperate, as they lost the Comfort of having enough AD, enough gold and enough pots, etc and want that Comfort back again.

And that's where the Zen store comes in.

Can't get enough AD together within a reasonable time to Upgrade Your T1 Mount or Companion? No worries, we got T3 Companions and Mounts in the Zen Store for you! And soon all the gear you want too!

Can't get enough gold together to buy Health pots? No worries we got plenty of Health pots in the Zen Store for you!

Running out of bagspace? (as we make sure the game drops a truckload of <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> to fill Your bags at rapid rate). No worries, we got bags in the Zen Store for you!

F2P design handbook 101.
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    Once the AD is purged from the system players will be much better off. Earning 28k AD in a day right now is a joke, that's like 56 Zen, you can't do anything with that. Once the current AD surge leaves circulation, AD/Z prices could fall as low as 50/1, making those 28k AD you earn per day worth as much as 560 Zen. Who would feel inclined to buy a bag or character slot with real money if they could just convert a day's worth of AD to get it? PW/Cryptic are in a very good spot right now with the current exchange rate, it was likely intentional the added so much with the founder's pack.
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    Once the AD is purged from the system players will be much better off. Earning 28k AD in a day right now is a joke, that's like 56 Zen, you can't do anything with that. Once the current AD surge leaves circulation, AD/Z prices could fall as low as 50/1, making those 28k AD you earn per day worth as much as 560 Zen. Who would feel inclined to buy a bag or character slot with real money if they could just convert a day's worth of AD to get it? PW/Cryptic are in a very good spot right now with the current exchange rate, it was likely intentional the added so much with the founder's pack.

LOL! If you really think it's going to drop THAT low.... dream on. The lowest Conversion rates I have seen is in STO where it's about 150 or so to 1.

Don't you think Cryptic has put mechanics in Place to artificially alter Conversion rates to prevent them to get below a sertain treshold?
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    Yes, and one of those mechanics was massively inflating the starting AD amounts by filling the founder packs with it. :p

See how that works now?
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    Yes, and one of those mechanics was massively inflating the starting AD amounts by filling the founder packs with it. :p

See how that works now?

It's excellent bait and you paid for it! Especially for those that dumped 200 bucks for the Hero pack. ;-)
  • Options
    x0y1x0y1 Member Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    jeronan wrote: »
    LOL! If you really think it's going to drop THAT low.... dream on. The lowest Conversion rates I have seen is in STO where it's about 150 or so to 1.

Don't you think Cryptic has put mechanics in Place to artificially alter Conversion rates to prevent them to get below a sertain treshold?

The Rate in STO was lower, I have seen 86 or was it 83 but thanks to the last lockbox with IMO good ships and additional rare bug ship price with another pack, the price raised and raised , add in next month the romulan release and it stays high.

But yeah it will never drop to 50 here. I expect ~200-250 next month. At the moment you can sell Zen for a very good price but I would personal not sell Astral Diamonds now. :rolleyes: