test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

This game feels like CoX v 2.0 in many ways.

bcvaporbcvapor Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 285 Bounty Hunter
edited April 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
Sometimes when I'm running through the sewers on my CW I could swear I was back in the Paragon City sewers again. Clicking glowies, coming up on a Lt. and 2 minions, or a boss and a few minions, just waiting for me to size em up and bust heads.

I got to say, I love it. I feel like I'm back playing a controller again sometimes in a new updated version of my favorite old MMO. Put a suit and cape on my CW and I'd swear I was back in Paragon sometimes.

CoH was amazing in it's glory days, I'm glad to see Cryptic capture some of that feel again.

Though in CoH it was nice and relaxed about team composition and stuff, no stressing gearscore etc.

Curious if any CoX vets feel the same now and then?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Post edited by bcvapor on

Comments

• spectralhuntspectralhunt Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    There's some similarities but one of the huge differences is the lack of exemplars/sidekicks. It must be implemented soon and not later.
  • kdevillkdevill Member Posts: 1
    edited April 2013
    I never got a chance to play it myself but I'm sure I've seen other people say something alot like that.

Word up on the elfen lied avatar btw xD I'm not big on the japanese cartoons but that show blew me away.
  • ranncoreranncore Member, Moderators, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 2,508
    edited April 2013
    I think this is the most ambitious project Cryptic has embarked upon since City of Heroes, and I think it shows in the game itself and in the enthusiasm the developers have shown for it.

I've been watching Twitch streams over the last couple days, and I saw a NW Dev poke his head into a random Twitch stream playing Neverwinter and chat with everyone. He stuck around for about 2 hours, just watching the streamer play Neverwinter and chatting with everyone there. I just haven't seen that kind of community interaction in any other game.

I won't call out who the dev was for privacy reasons, but if you happen to read this, you are bro-tier, dude. That was cool. I was there for it.
  • kdevillkdevill Member Posts: 1
    edited April 2013
    ranncore wrote: »
    I think this is the most ambitious project Cryptic has embarked upon since City of Heroes, and I think it shows in the game itself and in the enthusiasm the developers have shown for it.

I've been watching Twitch streams over the last couple days, and I saw a NW Dev poke his head into a random Twitch stream playing Neverwinter and chat with everyone. He stuck around for about 2 hours, just watching the streamer play Neverwinter and chatting with everyone there. I just haven't seen that kind of community interaction in any other game.

I won't call out who the dev was for privacy reasons, but if you happen to read this, you are bro-tier, dude. That was cool. I was there for it.

Woah really? That's awesome! It used to happen in MMOs all the time back in the day but **** the last time I think I've seen it happen was in 05 on flyff. I always loved seeing GMs around in-game cause it always showed that they were willing to go that extra step for customer service as they would always answer any question somebody would have and they would always make something awesome happen. It also brought many people together in one place to socialize, this went further than you would think in improving the community.

I'm really glad/shocked/impressed to see that they're taking the time to do that here as well. =D
  • astaziaastazia Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 51
    edited April 2013
    bcvapor wrote: »
    Curious if any CoX vets feel the same now and then?

For about half a second while doing a foundry mission I was reminded of CoH and the AE missions I used to make. That's really the only thing at all that has made me think of CoH, and honestly my face looked like 0_o reading your post. Not even CO has ever had that CoH feeling for me, and this just feels like CO with half the powers missing and an equipment system added on.