test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Giant Spider Mount Attack Animation

jorifice1jorifice1 Member Posts: 1,042 Arc User
edited April 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
I have noticed that if you hit the space bar whilst your Spider is stationary and no movement keys are depressed that it will use an attack animation. This attack has no visible effect on enemies. Is this hint of Mounted Combat to come? Or just a bit of Flair? Or is this an originally intended feature that has been removed or reconsidered.
Sorry in advance if this has already been discussed. I saw no reference to it in any of the other threads that I have read on the subject. Just opinions on the place of mounted combat in Neverwinter.

'Wen considered the nature of time and understood that the universe is, instant by instant, recreated anew. Therefore, he understood, there is in truth no past, only a memory of the past. Blink your eyes, and the world you see next did not exist when you closed them. Therefore, he said, the only appropriate state of the mind is surprise. The only appropriate state of the heart is joy. The sky you see now, you have never seen before. The perfect moment is now. Be glad of it.' Terry Pratchet The Thief Of Time
Post edited by jorifice1 on

Comments

• hipolipolopigushipolipolopigus Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I haven't tested it myself, but it sounds like it's the Neverwinter equivalent of WoW's /mountspecial emote.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Want to know why Neverwinter is so laggy? Check out the "Latency" section in this thread.
  • anubis136anubis136 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    It's an emote. All mounts can do it. Horses, for example, rear up and neigh.
  • jorifice1jorifice1 Member Posts: 1,042 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Blast!
    I was hoping that it was a preview of a Mounted Combat System. Having to Dismount every time you need to swat a few enemy flies gets rather tiresome after a while.

'Wen considered the nature of time and understood that the universe is, instant by instant, recreated anew. Therefore, he understood, there is in truth no past, only a memory of the past. Blink your eyes, and the world you see next did not exist when you closed them. Therefore, he said, the only appropriate state of the mind is surprise. The only appropriate state of the heart is joy. The sky you see now, you have never seen before. The perfect moment is now. Be glad of it.' Terry Pratchet The Thief Of Time