test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Cryptic Loves TR's

jamescoskerjamescosker Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
edited April 2013 in PvE Discussion
Guess the devs in this game realy love Trickster Rouges.

At the moment they are top dps melee class in game.
I have run a few duengons and it seems the bosses are all rouges cause they drop tr gear alot more then any otehr class.

I also run a cleric and at lvl 30 still look the same as I did at lvl 1.
Tricksters get at least three diffrent armor sets and most other classes get one.

So if you wan't a great over powered class for open beta pick a TR.:(
Post edited by jamescosker on

Comments

• Options
    everharmeverharm Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    We are legion
  • Options
    wolfpaqdwolfpaqd Member Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    We are legion
  • Options
    thegraycrowthegraycrow Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    You based this off.. You playing for a few hours? If by chance the GWF gear had dropped would you be saying cryptic loves GWF's?

I'm not saying Cryptic does not love TR but for goodness sake man at least have the decency to come up with a real argument instead of getting a RNG trend over a short period and attaching meaning to it.
  • Options
    zingarbagezingarbage Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Just do what I do and run around naked. It is simple, don't socket any social clothing and stay in that mode. You still get the benefit of armor.

Who doesn't want to see Betty White naked?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    aevlomaevlom Member Posts: 117 Arc User
    edited April 2013

Why yes, they are.
    Because they're the ONLY dps melee class in the game.
    Duh.
  • Options
    idontcomehereidontcomehere Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 156 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2013
    aevlom wrote: »
    Why yes, they are.
    Because they're the ONLY dps melee class in the game.
    Duh.

They can also solo dungeons, because stealth is just as good as having a ton of hp/defense apparently.
  • Options
    notdrizztnotdrizzt Member Posts: 123 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2013
    zingarbage wrote: »
    Who doesn't want to see Betty White naked?

Sounds HAWT.

They can also solo dungeons, because stealth is just as good as having a ton of hp/defense apparently.

I can solo dungeons with my potion chugging GF. This is bad because?
  • Options
    zalathorm7zalathorm7 Member Posts: 128 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    How long is a piece of string?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    f0skef0ske Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 32
    edited April 2013
    +1 Embrace ;)
  • Options
    abcdefg2234abcdefg2234 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 60
    edited April 2013
    It is PWE's method of luring as many "kids" into the game as possible. (by feeding them OP, pew-pew bs.)
    Future nerfs are inevitable and i wanna witness the QQ about it, since the ones playing the overpowered
    stuff are usually the ones who fail to play with not overpowered toons.

Thats easy, play the OP class now, when they nerf it by the time you hit max lvl (since so insanely fast and easy to level up in this game), start the next OP class!

No really, while rogue is great single target burst dps, GWF and CW are good for AoE and support, with slightly lower dps. I've had no problems soloing this game on every class since first beta weekend, so if someone thinks TR is the only soloable class they simply need more skills. Go watch some gameplay videos on youtube to see how classes should be played.

TR won't get nerfed, not anytime soon anyways.
  • Options
    jimthegrayjimthegray Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    i hope not, im not a fan of nefing and while im playing a GF I have no issues with rogues
    When we turn away from the darkness of
    our past to take comfort in our peaceful lives, we
    sometimes forget how dearly that peace was bought. But
    there is much worth remembering in the darkness...
  • Options
    daas66daas66 Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited April 2013

I have run a few duengons and it seems the bosses are all rouges cause they drop tr gear alot more then any otehr class.

Tricksters get at least three diffrent armor sets and most other classes get one.

Rogue. Not rouge, rogue.

Next, try to spell at least half of your words correctly if you wish to be taken serious. If English is not your primary language, oh well.
    Daas - Half-elven Trickster Rogue
    Order of the Silver Dragons - Dragon Shard
  • Options
    silentnights1silentnights1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 50
    edited April 2013
    As a GWF, I am absolutely appalled that rogues do more dps than me! I mean, have you seen my sword? Ohh, wait, no everyone does more dps than me low to mid game. Even the CW's make me sad.
  • Options
    coyotedeltacoyotedelta Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1
    edited April 2013
    daas66 wrote: »
    Rogue. Not rouge, rogue.

Next, try to spell at least half of your words correctly if you wish to be taken serious. If English is not your primary language, oh well.

Hey now, what if he was talking about a particularly nefarious thief/secret agent bat girl from the Sonic series?
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    As a GWF, I am absolutely appalled that rogues do more dps than me! I mean, have you seen my sword? Ohh, wait, no everyone does more dps than me low to mid game. Even the CW's make me sad.

Don't worry. At 60 with enough crit and str, and an even BIGGER sword - you will come out on top of every dungeon run. Granted most of the damage will be from slaughtering adds, but hey, at least you will be #1 lol.
    daas66 wrote: »
    Rogue. Not rouge, rogue.

Oh. So this thread isn't about cosmetics? <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>! Why am I even here then?
  • Options
    idontcomehereidontcomehere Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 156 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2013
    notdrizzt wrote: »
    Don't worry. At 60 with enough crit and str, and an even BIGGER sword - you will come out on top of every dungeon run. Granted most of the damage will be from slaughtering adds, but hey, at least you will be #1 lol.

Oh. So this thread isn't about cosmetics? <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>! Why am I even here then?

Rogues can still do that... AND come out #1 in PvP. They dont need to choose, they get it all.
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    Rogues can still do that... AND come out #1 in PvP. They dont need to choose, they get it all.

If a rogue is topping your damage charts in a dungeon, you are grouped with some terrible GWF's and CW's.
    In a group run, the GWF should always be #1... Unless they are built wrong or are undergeared.

The GWF is the MOST gear dependent class in the whole **** game. I don't know why Cryptic did this, but they are like WoW's Warriors. Terrible without good gear and godly with just a few purples.

As for PvP - I don't agree either. I eat them for lunch as a GF. I do die to them a lot as a CW, but that's to be expected.
  • Options
    zingarbagezingarbage Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I feel like I've been slapped in the face since TRs can do more damage than my cleric. It is an injustice!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    notdrizzt wrote: »
    If a rogue is topping your damage charts in a dungeon, you are grouped with some terrible GWF's and CW's.
    In a group run, the GWF should always be #1... Unless they are built wrong or are undergeared.

The GWF is the MOST gear dependent class in the whole **** game. I don't know why Cryptic did this, but they are like WoW's Warriors. Terrible without good gear and godly with just a few purples.

As for PvP - I don't agree either. I eat them for lunch as a GF. I do die to them a lot as a CW, but that's to be expected.

I should HOPE a GF beats rogues in PvP, but you have to goad them into fighting you first instead of focusing on squishy targets. I never really understood how one class can be so 'gear dependent', is GWF gear just better stat wise, or are GWF skills just poorer ?
  • Options
    dtrain69dtrain69 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    have not seen 1 piece of guardian loot drop from a Dungeon so far.
  • Options
    bblondiabblondia Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 31
    edited April 2013
    I may have to stop coming to the forums..... It the same every day... "I hate life. The striker does more damage then me. Not fair not fair not fair". And then another 20 lines of temper tantrum. Sheesh. I love the rogue. He's awesome. But I also love the CW. They have different roles. I like playing both from time to time. But then again I understand the place each role plays in a group and I don't pvp so I'm not jaded by that. I wish they would nerf the nerf threads and be done with it. Or create a separate forum for nerf comments. Title it "Nerf or I'll cry" or "Temper tantrum". Same diff.
    Btw. I think they should nerf iPad autocorrect. Changed all my nerf words to nerd. NERF PLEASE APPLE. lol. Jk. Just trying to lighten the mood. I love the game. It's tonnes of fun to play. GIDDYUP and happy hunting everyone no matter what class you play. Games are meant to be fun so find your fun and fill your boots.
  • Options
    lexthegreatlexthegreat Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    zingarbage wrote: »
    I feel like I've been slapped in the face since TRs can do more damage than my cleric. It is an injustice!

They can also stealth. We should definitely bring that up as well. Clerics need stealth.
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    There are a LOT of 2h weapon fans, who are constantly let down by games who cant do 2h weapons right. They expect to do damage, cant blame them. Three paragon paths, probably three prestige classes... DPS path, Defense path, warlord/hybrid path... Simple enough.

Heck i'd be mad if GWF were good at dps and nothing else despite the 'customization'.
  • Options
    direcrowdirecrow Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013

If you noticed, they are also the most focused class in the game. With literally no other combat utility besides damage. They are also the only dedicated DPS/Striker class in the game. When things like Warlock and Ranger come out, you'll be seeing more damage options.

If big numbers are all you care about? Then yes TR is the class for you. If you want to bring something else to the table? Then you have those options.

So far, my Devoted Cleric is much more powerful, and easier to play than my Trickster Rogue.

Though I agree, GWF are underpowered. TR's are not OP.
    Mindflayer Shard - @direcrow
    The Dire Crow - Tiefling TR
    Alice L'ddell - Human GF
    Ludovique - Tiefling DC
  • Options
    direcrowdirecrow Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    bblondia wrote: »
    I may have to stop coming to the forums..... It the same every day... "I hate life. The striker does more damage then me. Not fair not fair not fair". And then another 20 lines of temper tantrum. Sheesh. I love the rogue. He's awesome. But I also love the CW. They have different roles. I like playing both from time to time. But then again I understand the place each role plays in a group and I don't pvp so I'm not jaded by that. I wish they would nerf the nerf threads and be done with it. Or create a separate forum for nerf comments. Title it "Nerf or I'll cry" or "Temper tantrum". Same diff.
    Btw. I think they should nerf iPad autocorrect. Changed all my nerf words to nerd. NERF PLEASE APPLE. lol. Jk. Just trying to lighten the mood. I love the game. It's tonnes of fun to play. GIDDYUP and happy hunting everyone no matter what class you play. Games are meant to be fun so find your fun and fill your boots.

Agreed, its absolutely ridiculous, and I sincerely hope Cryptic ignores these idiots.
    Mindflayer Shard - @direcrow
    The Dire Crow - Tiefling TR
    Alice L'ddell - Human GF
    Ludovique - Tiefling DC