test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

I equipped my cleric companion with +400 power and no change in healing...

bajaresident#3792 bajaresident Member Posts: 28 Arc User
edited June 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
I tested both her HoT and her attack/heal bolt, both with +400 power and with +0 power and they gave same results. Is this a bug?
Post edited by bajaresident#3792 on

Comments

• Options
    edited April 2013
    Can anyone confirm whether their items have helped a different companion or is it only cleric?
  • Options
    notdrizztnotdrizzt Member Posts: 123 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2013
    Her heals are % based. No matter how much power you load her up with, it will always stay the same.
    Her damage should improve though.

At least you are not stuck with a $200 Panther that doesn't do anything.
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    notdrizzt wrote: »
    Her heals are % based. No matter how much power you load her up with, it will always stay the same.
    Her damage should improve though.

At least you are not stuck with a $200 Panther that doesn't do anything.
    She should still heal a % PLUS bonus from gear. Otherwise what is the ******* point of gear?!
  • Options
    vamaelvamael Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    She should still heal a % PLUS bonus from gear. Otherwise what is the ******* point of gear?!

Maybe try giving her +recovery instead?
  • Options
    jadejedi2jadejedi2 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I noticed on my cleric that when I upgrade a power, the % does not go up on the skill. So say the power is 30% to healing, and I upgrade to rank 2 which should give +10% more to healing, the power still says 30%.

I will guess that they still have a ton of bugs to work out, which is why the launch tomorrow is Open Beta, and not live.
  • Options
    fallenhawkfallenhawk Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    jadejedi2 wrote: »
    I will guess that they still have a ton of bugs to work out, which is why the launch tomorrow is Open Beta, and not live.
    Open Beta is live and fyi we are in OB right now it just for head start people right now.
    [SIGPIC]http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y136/Badbones/Mysig.png[/SIGPIC]
    I can still move.
    I can still fight.
    I will never give up!
  • Options
    ordainedoneordainedone Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    fallenhawk wrote: »
    Open Beta is live and fyi we are in OB right now it just for head start people right now.

lol No. Headstart is Headstart, Open Beta means everyone. Headstart is for the selected few. There is NOTHING OPEN about Headstart.
  • Options
    lanessar13lanessar13 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Silverstars Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited April 2013

Agreed. This is a flat-out bug for a companion to ignore stats on items that can be equipped.

Imagine if the Ioun Stone didn't give +crit, but gave + power from gear?

This either isn't working as intended, or was possibly the dumbest design decision in Companion history.
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    vamael wrote: »

Recovery only shortens cooldown timers, why would you need this on a HoT spell? Power is obviously the best for this spell, assuming it actually WORKED.
  • Options
    anubis136anubis136 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Recovery only shortens cooldown timers, why would you need this on a HoT spell? Power is obviously the best for this spell, assuming it actually WORKED.

Heal-over-time abilities stack with themselves (at least the Devoted Cleric's does), so her casting it more often will mean more healing.
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    anubis136 wrote: »
    Heal-over-time abilities stack with themselves (at least the Devoted Cleric's does), so her casting it more often will mean more healing.

It lasts shorter than the cooldown, by far. Cmon.
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    It lasts shorter than the cooldown, by far. Cmon.

...and even if it did somehow manage to overlap how would .5 second of overlap be better than +50 healing per tick (assuming gear buffed healing as it should). COME ON NOW.
  • Options
    kromzorkromzor Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited April 2013

Except it doesn't. But instead of just dealing with that, moving on, and stacking what IS currently the most beneficial stat in the game for your Cleric Pet you'd rather whine on the forums about something that isn't going to change.

Your Cleric pet will never come close to replacing a PC class, sorry.
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    kromzor wrote: »
    Your Cleric pet will never come close to replacing a PC class, sorry.

Did I ask for this? I simply stated that a companions gear should affect their abilities. Do you disagree or are you just being an argumentative *******?
  • Options
    silentiltmsilentiltm Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 234 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2013
    lol No. Headstart is Headstart, Open Beta means everyone. Headstart is for the selected few. There is NOTHING OPEN about Headstart.

Headstart for Open Beta....zzzz
  • Options
    gaymer87gaymer87 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 291 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2013
    My healer companion heals fine and I put all recovery on her. You'll need it after level 50 due to the amoun of potions you can go through. Just learn to play and if its broken they will fix it. ...hopefully
    *~Ezenkrul Kor'hedron -Drow Sorcerer~* **on hold**
    *~Serixil Kor'hedron- Drow Trickster~*
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    gaymer87 wrote: »
    My healer companion heals fine and I put all recovery on her. You'll need it after level 50 due to the amoun of potions you can go through. Just learn to play and if its broken they will fix it. ...hopefully

And what do you think Recovery is doing for you?
  • Options
    gaymer87gaymer87 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 291 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2013
    And what do you think Recovery is doing for you?

she casts the spells quicker which if you know how to dodge you can keep your hp up.
    *~Ezenkrul Kor'hedron -Drow Sorcerer~* **on hold**
    *~Serixil Kor'hedron- Drow Trickster~*
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    gaymer87 wrote: »
    she casts the spells quicker which if you know how to dodge you can keep your hp up.

And did you know that her heal spell "Healing Word" has a cooldown of 30 seconds? If you managed to equip her with 500 Recovery you would have reduced that cooldown to about 29.3-29.7 seconds which rounded up is still going to tick at 30 seconds most likely.

*This is assuming Recovery even works, since Power clearly does not.
  • Options
    zylaxxzylaxx Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 591 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2013
    vamael wrote: »

Tried that on mine but her time between casts were the same.

Companions are seriously bad in this game.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Character is what a man is in the dark
  • Options
    lltsnwnlltsnwn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 787 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013

Has it be verified in-game that recovery shortened cooldown timers on Companions? I have read conflicting posts on the topic.
    12.jpgRanger.jpg
  • Options
    blaumkerblaumker Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 75
    edited June 2013
    I don't think you're ever going to see the clerics percentage based heals get a benefit from gear. The utility from these is one of the only properly scaling pet abilities in the game---a 20% heal is just as useful at 60 as it was at 20. It's also about the only companion spell that rivals a player power.

The best bet with a cleric is going to either be recovery or survival items, in my opinion.
  • Options
    jetahjetah Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Cleric companion heals 20% of your hp. if your HP is 2,000,000 or 200 you'll get the same 20% healing.

I've noticed that recovery didn't seem to help much or any.
    Open the Launcher. Click Options near the top. Check Disable on-demand patching. This will download another couple of gigs.

Ability Scores || All Attribute Roll Combinations || My Cleric Stream \o/
  • Options
    jpnolejpnole Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I guarantee you all that when the upcoming pre launch patch hits, all the companion stats/mechanics, including our beloved weak *** cleric, will be addressed. Just be patient.
  • Options
    srazysrazy Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 207 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    Power on pets do little, try giving ur pet recovery + crit, and maybe regen items, pets have a really good regen ratio, if you are giving it like 400 power, u should expect a heal buff of... 4 -5 hp...
  • Options
    granville7482granville7482 Member Posts: 191 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    power is not workingon companions right now (Or transfering from Augment pets)
  • Options
    draemorindraemorin Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 80
    edited June 2013
    For the record... my panther continues to stand around looking darn pretty... and still afraid to bloody its claws.

:/

As to the healing companions... read the fine print... it's all there and explained.