test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Not that anyone asked me ...

theommadawntheommadawn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 3 Arc User
edited April 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
... but I thought I'd share my views on the game so far. Now that the 'new car smell' has worn off I can write a mini review with a clear head.

There's much to like about Neverwinter. Without writing a long paragraph, here's a simple 10 reasons why I'm thoroughly enjoying the game. Each to their own and I appreciate my views will not be universal.

1) The Combat. It's fast, action packed, skilled and doesn't rely on a 1000 buttons.

2) Kill Speed. Each fight is quick. Kill a group of NPC's and move on. It flows effortlessly.

3) The Music. It's a proper EPIC soundtrack that suits the game perfectly.

4) The Locations. Yes it's classic D&D stuff, but it's done really well with each area different from the last.

5) The UI. Really simple to understand and the Foundry/Portal/Quest hub is a joy to use. You'll never be bored.

6) The Dungeons. They're well designed and fun to complete. This applies to the mini instances too.

7) The Quests. We've all see them done before but I've yet to feel that nagging 'grind' I get with other MMO's.

8) The Professions. They have an odour of EVE Online about them but they've tried something new.

9) The Quest Tracker. Love it or hate it, the bread crumb glow means you're never lost. I use it all the time.

10) The Future. Neverwinter has lots to be happy about. The game has so much scope for expansion and judging by the amount of people playing (head starters) the World feels alive! Neverwinter (for me) doesn't have the polish say Guild Wars 2 has, but I'm enjoying Neverwinter much, much more.

I'm sorry in advance to those who will disagree with any of the above. It's not my intention to annoy anyone :)

I hope tomorrow is as fun filled for the FTP people as it's been for me. Good luck everyone.
A Warned Man Counts For Two
Post edited by theommadawn on

Comments

• Options
    kdevillkdevill Member Posts: 1
    edited April 2013
    Awesome xD I'm excited to try it out 2maro. What level are you at the point of this review?
  • Options
    theommadawntheommadawn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Thanks for replying :)

I'm level 33. I'm in game now. It's excellent.
    A Warned Man Counts For Two
  • Options
    elyrielleelyrielle Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    In full agreement with the OP. I was actually a bit turned off initially on logging in as it wasn't as...polished I guess as my expectations were - however it grew on me VERY quick and I have no complaints right now.
  • Options
    knightfalzknightfalz Member Posts: 1,261 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    The quest tracker is a non-issue as it can be turned on or off at the player's whim. As such, no one is forced to use it. It's not really classic D&D, but it has a nice D&D candy coating. The professions are quite interesting, especially in the ability to do them when not in the game. Otherwise I agree with your review.
  • Options
    cryptonicplaguecryptonicplague Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I'm happy you did a review. I played NWN back in the old days does it feel at all like the Neverwinter Nights series?
    flower_warrior_by_eskeleton22-d4lkbcy_zpsfd61e1ff.png
  • Options
    stormdrag0nstormdrag0n Member Posts: 3,222 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I will agree with all points save for the music as I have noticed more than a couple tracks that were taken directly from STO and CO.

I popped in the original NWN and IWD soundtracks while playing last night and was simply blown away. Don't get me wrong I very much like what Keven Manthei did with Gangs of New York and Vampire The Masquerade, but I find this score lacking and not really D&D.
    Always Looking for mature laidback players/rpers for Dungeon Delves!