test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Gloomwrought Crates from the Lockboxes... Completely and utterly useless at the cap?

lexthegreatlexthegreat Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
edited May 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
At level 60 most gear is much better that this "runner up" prize that we get for opening a Nightmare Lockbox. Now I understand that you don't want to sell power and I appreciate it, but at the level cap getting this crate just seems like punishment :D

There is nothing that we can get from this box that we can actually use, and the fact that it's not tradable/sellable is even worse.

Can we please at least put this up on the AH so that other people can get some use out of the gear contained inside?
Or instead of containing a bunch of useless blue gear, maybe it can contain a few pieces of actually worthwhile purple gear?

Anyone else have any thoughts on this crate (that I seem to get out of EVERY Lockbox).
Post edited by lexthegreat on

Comments

• notdrizztnotdrizzt Member Posts: 123 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2013
    Yes yes and yes. Really Cryptic, why even bother giving us this reward when I am already wearing better gear?

Here, have a nice $1.50 piece of blue junk that is far inferior to everything you currently have.
    What is the reasoning behind this?
  • zuluzulutozuluzuluto Member Posts: 112
    edited April 2013
    notdrizzt wrote: »
    Yes yes and yes. Really Cryptic, why even bother giving us this reward when I am already wearing better gear?

Here, have a nice $1.50 piece of blue junk that is far inferior to everything you currently have.
    What is the reasoning behind this?

Just save them....after the initial cash rush and player decline in the first month or two, they will probably increase the drop rate in them to entice you to buy more keys.
    If I havent offended you today....dont worry!!!....there's always tomorrow. Of course, you could also go to here for all I care.
  • kdevillkdevill Member Posts: 1
    edited April 2013
    "Thanks for not making it P2W, Please make it P2W"

lolwut?
    edited April 2013
    kdevill wrote: »
    "Thanks for not making it P2W, Please make it P2W"

lolwut?

Not the case. I already have better gear than what is being offered. MUCH MUCH better gear.

Stuff out of these crates should at least match what I have.

As is this box is completely worthless.
  • deacon777deacon777 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Now I understand that you don't want to sell power and I appreciate it, but at the level cap getting this crate just seems like punishment :D

There is nothing that we can get from this box that we can actually use, and the fact that it's not tradable/sellable is even worse.

Can we please at least put this up on the AH so that other people can get some use out of the gear contained inside?

Wut?

vm9Ky04.jpg
  • ryger5ryger5 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    In general, the lock boxes, are in my opinion, a complete rip off.

I spent 11 dollars on 10 keys and got a largely drab return on that investment. One nice enhancement for the pet, one nice enhancement for me (but not stellar), the rest was largely unwanted. Really, my 11 dollars went for largely nothing and I won't be buying keys again (my personal choice only).

Lottery systems, in general, are kind of a rip-off in F2P wins. They tap into our gambling instinct. Your chance of getting that nice horsey is 1%, which means on average, you're going to a little over 50 dollars for the horse. If you're a little unlucky around 75.

I'd love it if the community held off on the keys for a few months, that will either drive the price down or improve the return loot on the boxes.

I am not the least bit troubled by any of it though. It's pretty easy to, just not spend money on keys.
    BalarSig103B.jpg
    SHADOW - A secret cabal for those who thirst for wealth and power.
    Check out SHADOW on YouTube!
    edited April 2013
    deacon777 wrote: »
    Wut?

vm9Ky04.jpg

Holy <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> when did this happen? I tried selling one and it wouldn't work!

At least that's good news. Now make them suck less so people buy them lol.
  • deacon777deacon777 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    notdrizzt wrote: »
    Holy <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> when did this happen? I tried selling one and it wouldn't work!

At least that's good news. Now make them suck less so people buy them lol.

No idea, maybe it got patched in recently?
    edited April 2013
    deacon777 wrote: »
    No idea, maybe it got patched in recently?

Hey, it's Deacon! Now play me a song you wrote, you know, the one about me.
  • robman1978robman1978 Member Posts: 125 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2013
    It's not just at the level cap. The items I got from the three I opened were all already worse than the stuff I had on. Now I do a lot of dungeon runs, so maybe that's why. But still, either get rid of this box and give us more chances to get something useful, or have it drop items that we can actually use.
    edited April 2013
    robman1978 wrote: »
    It's not just at the level cap. The items I got from the three I opened were all already worse than the stuff I had on. Now I do a lot of dungeon runs, so maybe that's why. But still, either get rid of this box and give us more chances to get something useful, or have it drop items that we can actually use.

Lol. That's even worse.
  • lexthegreatlexthegreat Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Hmm. I know I tried putting them on there and couldn't. I hope this was patched in, because otherwise I fail, lol.
  • sindofinsindofin Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    The tool-tip of the crate states it gives a rare item for my class and level. My 60 cleric got a level 49 ring. Isn't this just clearly a bug?
  • sindofinsindofin Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Did anyone hear anything new about this? I stopped buying keys and hoping for a fix.
  • doktraumdoktraum Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I just used up 10 keys as well, and I have to agree that wasn't worth the IRL money. I won't be purchasing keys anymore (personal choice).
    bnr3.png