test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

I feel Under leveled

keepitmethodkeepitmethod Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 5 Arc User
edited April 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
As I am doing my quests i noticed that i am 2-3 level lower then the quest and monsters I am killing, I am not having a to much trouble doing the quests just not sure if I am behind or the game is set up so the quests are going to be higher level.
Post edited by keepitmethod on

Comments

• Options
    starkaosstarkaos Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    It is not as bad as when I levelled up during Beta Weekend 3 since there seems to be class and race missions. If you feel too underlevelled, then do Dungeon Delves or Foundry missions.
  • Options
    bumf00dbumf00d Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I have the same thing happening to me. I'm currently level 21 and it seems that I keep getting sent into areas where foes are at least 2 levels higher. Granted I have no trouble defeating them I still think it is kind of weird.
  • Options
    tilt42tilt42 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Do Foundry quests! They grant plenty of XP and should help you tremendously. Also, make sure that you're invoking your god at least once per day, as this gives you a surprisingly large amount of XP.
  • Options
    wtfgivemeanamewtfgivemeaname Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    It's not weird. It's obviously by design, so people do more than just the story missions.
  • Options
    dtrain69dtrain69 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Foundry Foundry Foundry

It's that simple.
  • Options
    fongadorfongador Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 264 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2013
    As many others have said do some Foundry missions. Those folks have done a great job from what I have seen so far so well worth checking them out at varying intervals between doing the other quests/areas available in the game.
  • Options
    angryspriteangrysprite Member Posts: 4,982 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    fongador wrote: »
    As many others have said do some Foundry missions. Those folks have done a great job from what I have seen so far so well worth checking them out at varying intervals between doing the other quests/areas available in the game.

Yes, especially do Foundry missions during Foundry XP event where you earn 1.5 X XP.
  • Options
    elyrielleelyrielle Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Just doing some of the dailies will catch you up or more. Get outside the box a little, don't just blindly follow the main storyline :P

Besides which some of the foundry missions I've done are better than some of the main quests.
  • Options
    mystagoguemystagogue Member Posts: 322 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I'm having the opposite problem. I'm ending up above level with quest lines due to running so many Foundry quests LOL.
  • Options
    identifiedgodidentifiedgod Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 111 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2013
    Or start with rogue :) He is OP.
  • Options
    doowie1982doowie1982 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 284 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2013
    Foundry, Dungeons, Skirmishes and PvP. These you get experience from aswell, so you don't need to focus only on your quests through the areas of the game.
    60 Dwarf Devoted Cleric
    60 Drow Trickster Rogue
    11 Elf Control Wizard

Server:
    Beholder
    Guild:
    Praetor Lupus
    Guild Website: http://www.PraetorLupus.com

Hero of the North & Guardian of Neverwinter Founder.
  • Options
    doctorcomicsdoctorcomics Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Silverstars, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    In addition to the great advice regarding the Foundry, there are some additional options:

Leadership earns you XP. At low levels, the rewards are small, but there are high level Leadership tasks that net 800-1600 XP.

Cryptic went back and added additional quests to make up for under leveling. Some of these are class based or race based, and you will get some pointers to them in your in-game email. There are also some quests which activate from clickable objects in the world, and from NPCs that are out of the way. Exploration will reward you!

If you are already in the game, you must be a founder, and that means you have an XP booster scroll. This gives you 10,000 XP by buffing your XP rate by 25%. Use this! At high level, 10,000 XP is nothing, but it will keep you over-leveled through 20th.
  • Options
    mltdwnmltdwn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 73
    edited April 2013
    I've only been about 1/2 level below what I am currently running, I'll catch up for a few quests and then be a half level below again. It really isn't that bad. Here is what I have done from start to 54.

1. Ran all the quest lines
    2. Did the first 2 dungeons (higher level there just isn't the people yet to do any of the dungeons past that, or weren't when I went through)
    3. Did 3 PvP matches for dailies
    4. used the 25% XP boost scroll as soon as I could
    5. have done several of the zone "competitions", I didn't go out of may way to do them but when they pop up I focus on them. One of the higher zone "competitions" gives around 3k XP if you come in the top 3 and I think I managed to do that 3 times.
    6. Done like 4 skirmishes
    7. Done 2 foundry quests for the daily and during the foundry hour.

That's pretty much it and now at 54 I am doing the DE line of quests and am doing level 54 quests at 54.25. I figure when I hit 54.5 tonight I will probably be in the lvl 55 quests which isn't bad. I have gotten Leadership up to 3 but that was just to open up the next slot so I could be doing better leather working (which in hindsight I shouldn't have taken, tip for those doing crafting, take the crafting for the class your NEXT character will be, as your crafting will take A LOT longer to level, that way you can have it be consistent with him, currently at 11 leather working but it takes so much to get to the next level, plus all the upgrades you have to do just to proceed takes 18+ hours each).