test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

No healer companion better than rank 15?

imivoimivo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1,682 Bounty Hunter
edited May 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
Okay, just making sure I'm not missing something: There is currently no way to upgrade the Cleric higher than rank 15 because the tomes for that are "coming soon", and there is no other green/blue/purple healer companion that works similarly to her? Just checking! :)
Unsure about skills and feats? Check the Master List of Class Builds!
Post edited by imivo on

Comments

• Options
    pixeldogpixeldog Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Not sure, Im looking for one as well.

Trickster + Cleric companion is an awesome combo.
  • Options
    tfangeltfangel Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    There is an angel one, but it's cost seems insane. I forget off hand, but it's in a currency i have three of, and i'm not sure how i got them. :\ I want that companion so badly, but it looks like months of constant play to get him, unless i'm missing a better way to get those.
  • Options
    imivoimivo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1,682 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2013
    I like having a healer companion for my CW, too. It's faster with a striker, but more laid back with the cleric. But over 30 now, and se doesn't get stronger, so I'd be happy with an upgrade (I'd even pay for one!).

edit: Yes, I saw the angel, but like you, I only have a andful of the tokens and I think she was 350 or so. Also, it said she heals for 5%, which seems pretty low, but ... would sure be happy to try it out. :)
  • Options
    soulwarrior78soulwarrior78 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 541 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I bought the blue acolyte "healer" companion from the Zen store, and it's absolutely horrible for soloing. Maybe in a dungeon it could be useful, because it's a buffer not really a healer.
    I'm still using my 2 gold cleric because nothing beats her, but always switching to other pets during quest turn ins so the other pets can get the xp for those turn ins as she's capped at 15 and the others aren't.
  • Options
    soulwarrior78soulwarrior78 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 541 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    tfangel wrote: »
    There is an angel one, but it's cost seems insane. I forget off hand, but it's in a currency i have three of, and i'm not sure how i got them. :\ I want that companion so badly, but it looks like months of constant play to get him, unless i'm missing a better way to get those.

You're talking about the invocation pet. You only get 1 of those coins at day, at the first invocation of the day. It'll take exactly 1 year, if you don't miss any days, to get that healing pet. I want that thing so bad too.
  • Options
    morvek01morvek01 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 118 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2013
    Blue acolyte for 2000 zen. Angel is from prayer each day 360 ardent coins, so yeah.....one year, 1 coin per day.
    If you can't be constructive in your criticism, go back to world-of-whiners.
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    morvek01 wrote: »
    Blue acolyte for 2000 zen. Angel is from prayer each day 360 ardent coins, so yeah.....one year, 1 coin per day.

I had looked at the Acolyte and asked about her before, but she doesn't seem to be healer as she only reduces damage slightly (so you still quaff potions, just at a slower rate). Hmm, seems we only have the max-rank 15 cleric then.
  • Options
    the1tiggletthe1tigglet Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 1
    edited April 2013
    I bought the blue acolyte "healer" companion from the Zen store, and it's absolutely horrible for soloing. Maybe in a dungeon it could be useful, because it's a buffer not really a healer.
    I'm still using my 2 gold cleric because nothing beats her, but always switching to other pets during quest turn ins so the other pets can get the xp for those turn ins as she's capped at 15 and the others aren't.

That one might actually be for us healers to enhance our abilities, I wondered if they had something like that for us more DPS-ish type clerics who are busy blasting everything with heavenlyfires and divinelightlances :)
  • Options
    erideitaerideita Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 304
    edited April 2013
    You should be able to upgrade the cleric with books to turn her into a green-quality companion, then blue and then purple.
    Upgrade books can be bought with AD at the mercenary hall.
  • Options
    tfangeltfangel Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    erideita wrote: »
    You should be able to upgrade the cleric with books to turn her into a green-quality companion, then blue and then purple.
    Upgrade books can be bought with AD at the mercenary hall.

Yeah, but unless something has changed in the last few hours, it just says "coming soon", with no clue on price (please don't be those coins) or when. :\
  • Options
    erideitaerideita Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 304
    edited April 2013
    Oh, really? I thought they were already available. My bad. Hurry up Cryptic :3
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    The books can't be bought currently. They are marked as "coming soon".
  • Options
    zylaxxzylaxx Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 591 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2013
    imivo wrote: »

I wish soon would get here, im in need of a good healing companion.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Character is what a man is in the dark
  • Options
    lsyalsya Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    pixeldog wrote: »
    Not sure, Im looking for one as well.

Trickster + Cleric companion is an awesome combo.

It sure is. I love it. My cleric's quickly approaching lvl-15. I hope those books come out soon(tm).

I love my panther and my firehawk, but that cleric can be a lifesaver sometimes.
    L'sya Raiya
  • Options
    xhatchxhatch Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Two points on this.

1) The Acolyte companion from the Z-store needs to be equipped with appropriate lifesteal gear, as her ability to heal you is based off that stat.
    2)In my personal opinion, people need to slow down and have some patience when it comes to getting these upgrade books. The game hasn't been in open beta a week yet & you need to give the devs time to fix things & add in these changes. Also, the epic healer you get for saving 360, or a years worth, of celestial coins is fine. It means it'll be more unique & is a nice reward for playing consistently that only your time & not money can buy you in the game.
    sig2dz.jpg
    :cool:PLAY TO WIN:cool: |"A light in the darkness."
    |
  • Options
    rustybladesrustyblades Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 75
    edited April 2013
    GWF's need a healer - mine drinks potions like air since he has 0 blocking ability and dodge.. well.. is dodgy at best. He isn't up to level 17 to get the free healer yet, so he is suffering along with pets atm. With luck the potions will hold out longer than it takes to get to 17. Until mount the deflect and life steal gear, don't forget "tab" is useful to get out of spots, and the special leap ability (the "1" key one) is real handy for giving time to pet attacks, and putting down your enemies.
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    xhatch wrote: »
    2)In my personal opinion, people need to slow down and have some patience when it comes to getting these upgrade books. The game hasn't been in open beta a week yet & you need to give the devs time to fix things & add in these changes.

Mostly I'm just surprised since the ability to upgrade the cleric was already in the beta (in form of a quest), but it was removed for the Open Beta.
  • Options
    notdrizztnotdrizzt Member Posts: 123 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2013
    imivo wrote: »

Yep.

Come on Cryptic. I don't want to have to pull out my useless Panther, and when my dog goes to level, I am stuck with either the joke that is the panther or an underleveled NPC.
  • Options
    celosia1971celosia1971 Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    So here is a left field suggestion for those of you that want a higher level healer, ok ready?

You could always asked a devoted cleric player to join your party and adventure together.

OMG /faints ... are you insane actually talk to people in an mmo and be civil so that they want to play the game with you, god perish the thought. Why wait for Cryptic when you have the means to solve the problem yourself but I guess its easier to moan on the forums

:rolleyes:
  • Options
    doctorcomicsdoctorcomics Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Silverstars, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    There was an additional healer option in Beta Weekends, a "Harper Agent" companion. He was pretty effective, but he has not shown his head in Open Beta. He may be waiting for a Zen Store update or a new Lockbox promotion.

The Acolyte of Kelemvor reduces the damage you take and gives you Life Steal. There are a lot of complaints about her, but knowing how she works is critical to using her successfully.
  • Options
    postagepaidpostagepaid Member Posts: 125 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    There was a green cleric pet from the 3rd or 4th map during the bwe's that has been removed.

Combined with the lack of upgrade books it looks like the push is into people buying the store one despite it's shortcomings.
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    OMG /faints ... are you insane actually talk to people in an mmo and be civil so that they want to play the game with you, god perish the thought. Why wait for Cryptic when you have the means to solve the problem yourself but I guess its easier to moan on the forums

Misplaced sarcasm. :) Nobody was moaning, except perhaps you, we were just talking about an aspect of the game. The thing is, people are on different quests and it is easy to overlevel and then miss out on skirmishes or dungeons (which means you won't get the achievement for the area and the title that goes with it), so partying while leveling is certainly fine for the occasional quest (and people do help each other), but it is doubtful that you find someone who will quest with you for a full evening, especially if they may not even need the quest.

That aside, companions are part of the character, and even the loading screens mention their importance. You can get a striker or defender companion up to rank 30. It is just the healer that is limited to 15. That's what we are talking about. :)
  • Options
    eros1986eros1986 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I need an Heal-bot so badly...yeah i could ask a cleric to join, but atm i am playing the game while going afk a lot and generally at super low paced speed, no human being could follow my current rhythm.
  • Options
    bpphantombpphantom Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    There's a shortage of upgrade books? Good to know. /sellatinflatedprices
    - bpphantom

Grace, Tiefling Devoted Cleric

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are. Then leave the rest to Batman."