test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

HUGE PvP concern - premades vs pug's.

lexthegreatlexthegreat Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
edited April 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
Today we ran around with a premade team for PvP and literally kicked ***, often capping all points. PvP also popped really fast for us.

How is the current system looking for PvP opponents? Is it just a free for all? In that case, anyone rolling with a premade has a HUGE advantage over all the people pugging.
Post edited by lexthegreat on

Comments

• notdrizztnotdrizzt Member Posts: 123 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2013
    Shhhh. Don't tell anyone!

Right now if you are running a group, not only will PvP pop all the time, but you will also completely slaughter and dominate the other team.

Seems some people figured this out though. I went up against another premade yesterday and was surprised that we weren't roflstomping them.
  • thevlakathevlaka Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    oh noes!
    People using their brains and grouping up to win in peeveepees!
    Who woulda thunk it -_-
  • ariusdecimusariusdecimus Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    You stopped to kick people in their behind, quite literally? Well, did you guys well? I'd imagine kicking people in the behind isn't a very effective winning strategy!
  • kdevillkdevill Member Posts: 1
    edited April 2013
    They should at least have an in-game VOIP so that pugs can have some organization. It won't completely solve the problem but I think it would go a very long way. (unless there already is one, haven't played yet but I'm assuming not if it's that easy.)
  • gertona2gertona2 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 60
    edited April 2013
    There is an in-game VoiP. But yah, maybe premades should have their own que, but then people will que with 4 etc.
    Go for the eyes, Boo! Go for the eyes!
  • zingarbagezingarbage Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I queue a lot solo and you really don't get matched against a premade that often. I'd rather people be able to play with their friends than worry about getting stomped by one.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • lexthegreatlexthegreat Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    You stopped to kick people in their behind, quite literally? Well, did you guys well? I'd imagine kicking people in the behind isn't a very effective winning strategy!

It is. When they fall in PvP, you have to kick them to get the kill. Otherwise their team mates will resurrect them.

All I'm saying is that maybe groups should have their own ques.
  • iluvatarrulesiluvatarrules Member Posts: 172 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2013
    You seriously find it a "concern" that a pre-made team beats pugs? Have you started playing MMO's or FPS or ARPG or ANY other kind of game with pvp yesterday?
  • warpetwarpet Member Posts: 1,969 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    random vs randoms and teams vs teams would be the best way
  • lexthegreatlexthegreat Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    You seriously find it a "concern" that a pre-made team beats pugs? Have you started playing MMO's or FPS or ARPG or ANY other kind of game with pvp yesterday?

Please read the post. The issue is that my pre made gets matched vs pugs. Just suggesting that people that are in groups don't get matched vs solo que ones.
  • drakedge2drakedge2 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Pre-made groups in pvp across all games tend to do better than PUGs, I don't really see this as a new thing? It would be cool if you could que up for team vs team though to stop the violence haha.
    8IxArUQf.jpg
    A story driven quest, with a fun and challenging amount of combat, that takes you into the world of Planescape, carefully hand crafted by me.
    edited April 2013
    drakedge2 wrote: »
    Pre-made groups in pvp across all games tend to do better than PUGs, I don't really see this as a new thing? It would be cool if you could que up for team vs team though to stop the violence haha.

Yep. Like in most modern MMO's, it should be group vs group and random vs random.

Although I am really enjoying my group vs random atm.
  • bluebacker63bluebacker63 Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    This issue: PUGs vs. Premades comes up with every single game that has structured battlegound PvP available.
    edited April 2013
    Please read the post. The issue is that my pre made gets matched vs pugs. Just suggesting that people that are in groups don't get matched vs solo que ones.

I've read your post do not worry:).I still remember my guild zerging pugs in Ultima online in 2002.I also remember my clan joining public servers in battlefield 2 in 2005 and murdering the server a million times .I also remember my guild doing the exact same thing in wow and the EXACT same thing in GW2. I may seem rude but really, forming a party with friends-clan-guild and eliminating pugs is the best thing in the history of online gaming and I don't find it a concern ( I see you edited as " Huge" concern). You are also confused about what pugs vs set teams vs pro teams mean. If you and your friends were matched up only with teams you will eventually start matching with clans and dedicated pvpers and your concerns would get turned around after a few crashing defeats. We don't want a forum post by you in this forum in a few weeks stating that you're just trying to play with friends and have some fun but you are keep getting destroyed in pvp are we now? As I said you are inexperienced so pls stop asking about changes that will backfire on you:)
    edited April 2013
    I've read your post do not worry:). ( I see you edited as " Huge" concern).

You just proved that you never read the OP's post.

It was always "Huge"

Your points are also all invalid and seem come offish and elitist.

As someone that started competitive PvP with M59, what you say is rubbish.

MMOG's are moving forward, not back. We should have a solo q and a team one. Problem solved. Or at least make teams more likely to be matched up vs other teams. It is no longer fun, at least for me, to roflstomp pugs.
  • zhaocore86zhaocore86 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    -sigh-

Was afraid this would happen. EVERY game this is ALWAYS an issue. Pre-Mades vs PUGS.

what SHOULD happen is you pre-mades only queue against other pre-mades and pugs only queue against pugs. The problem with that is when NO pre-mades queue because of the lack of other pre-mades queueing.

ELO matchmaking would work also but i don't know if Cryptic does that.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    M I N D F L A Y E R | D C | G W F
    edited April 2013
    notdrizzt wrote: »
    You just proved that you never read the OP's post.

It was always "Huge"

Your points are also all invalid and seem come offish and elitist.

As someone that started competitive PvP with M59, what you say is rubbish.

MMOG's are moving forward, not back. We should have a solo q and a team one. Problem solved. Or at least make teams more likely to be matched up vs other teams. It is no longer fun, at least for me, to roflstomp pugs.

Was it always HUGE? :) hahaha
    Also my points are invalid? Ah and rubbish too:)
    So you think that a team of friends that wants to have fun should match with my clan? And that this will be fun for them? Ok point taken I guess. I just happen to have a different( "rubbish" ofcourse) opinion than you. Thanks for your answer and insight..
    edited April 2013
    zhaocore86 wrote: »

That would actually be ideal.
    So you think that a team of friends that wants to have fun should match with my clan? And that this will be fun for them? Ok point taken I guess. I just happen to have a different( "rubbish" ofcourse) opinion than you. Thanks for your answer and insight..

You are most welcome. Glad we came to the same conclusion.

The point is that there will always be a lot more solo q's than team ones. Having them match vs guilds will be a better solution than having guilds and premades matched vs solo q's.
    edited April 2013
    zhaocore86 wrote: »
    -sigh-

Was afraid this would happen. EVERY game this is ALWAYS an issue. Pre-Mades vs PUGS.

what SHOULD happen is you pre-mades only queue against other pre-mades and pugs only queue against pugs. The problem with that is when NO pre-mades queue because of the lack of other pre-mades queueing.

Now THIS is a good suggestion unlike all the other clueless ones in here. ELO would solve the problem of experienced clans matching with casual teams. STill this is not viable, as Zhao already said, because the waiting would be too long
  • mconosrepmconosrep Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013

Team versus Team queue and ELO score ranking solve this problem fairly well. of course people who really just want to ROFLstomp weaker players will always find a way to do so, but this setup makes things fairer and more challenging for everyone.
    edited April 2013
    notdrizzt wrote: »
    That would actually be ideal.

You are most welcome. Glad we came to the same conclusion.

The point is that there will always be a lot more solo q's than team ones. Having them match vs guilds will be a better solution than having guilds and premades matched vs solo q's.

Sigh I really don't know why I'm bothering with this but I will try one last time.. The chance that a solo player will match with a team lots of times is small since, like you said too, the soloers are far more than the teams.It will usually be pug vs pug. SO I really don;t see a problem with mixed q's. On the other hand if there is team q's casual teams will match with guilds all the time because teams are not that many. I kinda see a problem there unless there is an ELO system (not viable because teams are not that many). Also I will not get to kill pugs with my guild (NOT fun). That's my last "rubbish" point for this one I think:)

ps: I'm following this post since it started and I actually think that the title was edited but I might be indeed wrong