test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Companion system

hecatomb2hecatomb2 Member Posts: 15 Arc User
edited April 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
Can somebody explain to me what this companion system really uses for? Is it just for leveling up or you can use it end game too?I mean can you use it in PvP Battlegrounds or Dungeons (Raids)?
Post edited by hecatomb2 on

Comments

• Options
    beaghan1beaghan1 Member Posts: 404 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    not in pvp but yes in raids, skirmishes. Companions leveled and geared can be a tremendous help at any level.
  • Options
    justawitnessjustawitness Member Posts: 84 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    How do you get companions? I know someone was saying he bought one from the cash shop, but there has to be a way to get them in-game.

Face piles of trials with smiles.
  • Options
    hecatomb2hecatomb2 Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    is it necessary to have one if you want to be good in the game?I mean can you do it without a companion because i don't really like this thing to follow up my *** all the time i'm not a hunter to have a pet :D ?

To:justawitness
    I think there are some Quests too but i didn't play yet waiting for 30th April :)
  • Options
    angryweirdoangryweirdo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 117 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2013
    grind AD, convert to zen, profit.
  • Options
    lmk2lmk2 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 44 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    An early quest*) at level 16 grants you one "common" companion of your choice , but you can buy one for a couple of gold when you start the game (if you do, you might not get enough money to buy a horse at Lv20, but if you got a PCGamer Beta key, you might start with the horse).

*The quest is automatically given to you at lv16, and it's just "Go to the companion place, receive one free".
  • Options
    riqitariqita Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 297 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2013
    Remember that not all Companions are animals. I have a human Cleric Companion.
    Saves spending on healing potions.
  • Options
    beaghan1beaghan1 Member Posts: 404 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    yes you can solo without one but they make it much easier in dungeons. a cleric with a tank companion, a melee with a healer, etc. I pretty much am without one as I'm using the panther now and it's worthless except on boss mobs. in most of beta I played melee with the healer you can get for free at level 16. she can only level to 15 but you can use diamonds to raise her to rank 2 and 3, it'll just take a long time to save them without spending zen.

How pets/companions are geared greatly affects how useful they are. Some pets give you some of their stats so you can equip them with lifesteal gear and runes to help heal you, etc.
  • Options
    tfangeltfangel Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    hecatomb2 wrote: »
    is it necessary to have one if you want to be good in the game?I mean can you do it without a companion because i don't really like this thing to follow up my *** all the time i'm not a hunter to have a pet :D ?

You will kind of gimp yourself, yes, but there are Ioun stone companions, that are small orbs that circle around your head and give you boosts to certain stats. Not even using one of those will hurt you in the end, not sure how much, depending on how well you build or play your character, but it is damage/healing/defending you aren't doing when you have one out.