test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Asset reduced time calculations, just wrong

theholyfrogtheholyfrog Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 22 Arc User
edited April 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
So hello

I am currently level 60 on my GWF, and enjoying the game. But there are some bugs that still need looking into. Now I can't list every bug I stumbled over because I didn't write them down but there are two that concern me greatly.

(Ill post other bugs here as well as I find them from now on)

1. Companions cannot be unbounded, that said I don't mean I didn't try or so. I drag it out of the companion idle slot into my inventory, it asks me if I want to unbind and tells me it costs 820 AD, I click "okay"...nothing happens. Tried this a couple of times now and it doesn't work. Needs fixing.

2. And way worse. Those guys that did the professions need to do maths again. I may be mistaken, but last time I checked 2h 00m (Protect Caravan for instance) minus 25% (which the blue asset gives) equals (for me) 1h 30m, now I'm pretty sure that's correct as in one fourth of 2 hours is half an hour. Still putting in the adventurer it says (and takes) 1h 36m that is only 20%.

Additionally adding another 25%er it now is only 16m less (so 1h 20m) now it is possible that you don't add percentage values but multiply and that would explain the lesser effect of the second asset and I would be okay with that.

BUT how are we supposed to get the 100% time reduce for another profession slot if you multiply instead of adding the percentages? I mean 2 50% assets would add to 100% but multiply to 75% (just for those only just waking up or so ;))

explain and fix this please =D

I have this 7h task which I use 2 x 25% and another 2 10% on and it takes 4h 07m and that is nowhere correct

Adding % values:

25+25+10+10 equals 70% that would be 7h * 0.3 = 2h 6m

multiply:

7h * .75 = 5.25
5.25 * .75 = 3.975
3.975 * .9 = 3.54375
3.54375 * .9 = 3.189375

so this would leave a task time of 3h 11m or 2h 6m
and not 4h 7m

if I made a mistake please tell me.

grammar mistakes are due to me not being an english speaker so ingore them please
Post edited by theholyfrog on

Comments

• Options
    maiku217maiku217 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I agree with this completely, I find it very strange that I have a 50% hero and 2x 25% guys which is 100% but somehow it goes from 8 hours to 3.5 hours lol..
    ElfenLiedSig.gif
  • Options
    iluvatarrulesiluvatarrules Member Posts: 172 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2013
    I suspect that this is due to diminishing returns.. This exists in almost all MMOs. An pretty common example is that of stacking critical chance which usually caps at a set percent meaning that you can't have more than say 50% even if you stack a ton of it in your gear.The values are neither additive nor multiplicative since there are hidden diminishing parameters in the equations. Now I don't know if that's the case with neverwinter (I haven't played the game yet) but I would suspect something like that if the Math does not justify the results:)
  • Options
    ecirarecirar Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I have no idea about what the wording of the bonus is in game (since I haven't played yet) ,but it is behaving as if the bonus is a speed increase.

So you have a total speed increase of 70% from all your bonuses , meaning that a 420 minute task (7 hours) will take 420/1.7 = 247 minutes , or 4 hours and 7 minutes.
  • Options
    solmyr14solmyr14 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 37
    edited April 2013
    Theholyfrog, here is the link to the official wiki: http://neverwinter.gamepedia.com/Professions#Bonus_to_Speed
    It is as Ecirar said, time divided by 100%+bonus. So for you it would be 7h/170% (or 1.7)=4h 7m.

It's a 70% speed increase as opposed to 70% time decrease.
  • Options
    theholyfrogtheholyfrog Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    okay, that explains a lot, also why 100% still is possible.

was wondering how it would be to get 100% and make everything instant, but that explains it

thank you very much =)