test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

wizard or cleric? what to pick?

boonahboonah Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 6 Arc User
edited April 2013 in PvE Discussion
Hi all

Im torn between DC & CW. My gut feeling is I want to blow stuff up and be a CW. However, ive been told there is a shortage of DC and id be more in demand if I play a DC. I'd get in parties and guilds easier as a DC.

What do u think? Have you seen a shortage of DC?
Post edited by boonah on

Comments

• Options
    yogurtayogurta Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    boonah wrote: »
    Hi all

Im torn between DC & CW. My gut feeling is I want to blow stuff up and be a CW. However, ive been told there is a shortage of DC and id be more in demand if I play a DC. I'd get in parties and guilds easier as a DC.

What do u think? Have you seen a shortage of DC?

I play Cleric and have seen more Clerics than Wizards, both in open world and in a dungeon setting.
    Just play what you prefer.
  • Options
    zingarbagezingarbage Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    yogurta wrote: »
    I play Cleric and have seen more Clerics than Wizards, both in open world and in a dungeon setting.

I've seen more clerics as well. Kind of surprising because the CW is a very well done class.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    qwal1qwal1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    More drawn towards CW, but Cleric seems like A LOT of fun aswell. Prolly going with CW anyway tomorrow.

CCing and stuff seems like a lot of fun :D
  • Options
    bismar7bismar7 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 252 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2013
    I haven't tried CW in OB yet, but I did level one to 50 in Closed beta. My current guy is a level 31 Cleric.

I've been playing mmo casters for over 10 years... My suggestion is to just not play the CW; Devoted cleric has better damage, better control spells, and heals other people.

Its obvious after their last "fix" that they don't care. (closed beta) What I decided after BW4 was to just go with the DC who can CC 10 targets and two shot all 10. Then play Scourge WL or A. Ranger when they come out.

The biggest problem with CW is they are designed to be a single target control class in a game where you almost always fight 3+ mobs while soloing. They do less damage than some classes because of their Ability to "control"... which is great when you are up against ONE opponent... Except in dungeons where you cannot actual crowd control The boss.

Check this thread out for opinions about CW.
    http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?155161-WIZARD-Control-Effects-not-Effective-on-Everyone
    26.jpg
  • Options
    mmoplaya1971mmoplaya1971 Member Posts: 158 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    yogurta wrote: »

Thats interesting I have hardly seen any clerics. Especially in PvP. On the other hand I cant flick a booger without hitting a Control Wizard. IMHO if you want a challenge and you want the appreciation of your team mates, play Cleric. CW too EZ mode and not much fun.
  • Options
    haralorharalor Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    in PvP i mostly see DF, TR and clerics.

But CW and DC are good choice
  • Options
    unseenbrawnunseenbrawn Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    @Bismar what skills are you using that 2 shots 10 people? Unless your only talking PvE? And that is only addon mobs if you are talking PvE.

@boon it really comes down to what you want to do.. I feel like end game there is going to be a few ways you can spec and run a cleric from like a battlemage type playstyle to purely heals. I'm not sure where all the hostility comes as far as people not liking CW unless its only PvE because I haven't played with one yet but in PvP they do great.