test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Ardent and Celestial Coins?

sormirsormir Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 13 Arc User
edited May 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
Ok so I've invoked 5 times today an only received 1 ardent and 1 celestial coin and that was on the first time. So is there some kind of percent chance to get them? The tutorial lady states "a limited number of coins can be earned each day". Or is the system bugged?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Post edited by sormir on

Comments

• ganjaman1ganjaman1 Member Posts: 792 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    sormir wrote: »
    Ok so I've invoked 5 times today an only received 1 ardent and 1 celestial coin and that was on the first time. So is there some kind of percent chance to get them? The tutorial lady states "a limited number of coins can be earned each day". Or is the system bugged?

The game is still in beta , so it must be bugged lol.
  • doowie1982doowie1982 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 284 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2013
    Limited meaning, you could only get 1 per day ;)

There is a chance of items being earned, so it appears you've been unlucky :) Just keep trying each hour when you get the chance.
    60 Dwarf Devoted Cleric
    60 Drow Trickster Rogue
    11 Elf Control Wizard

Server:
    Beholder
    Guild:
    Praetor Lupus
    Guild Website: http://www.PraetorLupus.com

Hero of the North & Guardian of Neverwinter Founder.
  • tilt42tilt42 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    You only get Ardent and Celestial coins the first time you invoke every day, as far as I'm aware. There's diminishing returns within a 24-hour period for invoking.
  • kaelon79kaelon79 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 55
    edited April 2013
    You can find the detailed information on this on the official wiki.
  • kotlikotli Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 577
    edited April 2013
    Only 1 per day from Invoking, there's other sources at lest for the ardent coins.
  • jeronanjeronan Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 54
    edited April 2013
    So that means for the T3 healer companion, that can only be bought With Ardent coins.
    We got to login for 360 friggin' days! Before we can finally get it?

Seeing as this is so far the ONLY T3 healer Companion available. This gotta be a joke right?

But I Guess they will put up in the Zen store soon for 40 bucks ofcourse! /facepalm
  • inconsiderateinconsiderate Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 73
    edited April 2013
    Not only that, but the days have to be consecutive. You miss one day, you lose all your coins. ;)

(Repeating what I was told, so don't flame me if that's wrong)
  • jeronanjeronan Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 54
    edited April 2013
    Not only that, but the days have to be consecutive. You miss one day, you lose all your coins. ;)

That's only Celestrial coins. The ardent coins are permanent. But it's still an issue, seeing the T3 healer Companion is 360 ardent coins.

I seriously hope it's a bug and they meant it to be 36 ardent coins or something. That would mean that the average person, who doesn't play every day can get it in a month or two. Which would be more reasonable.
    edited April 2013

It's wrong. Ardent Coins aren't lost that way. Only Celestial Coins are.
  • inconsiderateinconsiderate Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 73
    edited April 2013
    Sorry, that's actually what I meant. Just the Celestial Coins are lost. I was replying to the "360 coins required" comment above mine. I seriously hope it's NOT a bug. :P Screw the cash shop, THAT'S what will show who's REALLY dedicated to the game. ;)
  • vikoonvikoon Member Posts: 165 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    jeronan wrote: »

I seriously hope it's a bug and they meant it to be 36 ardent coins or something. That would mean that the average person, who doesn't play every day can get it in a month or two. Which would be more reasonable.

I hate to burst your bubble but why would it be a bug at 360 Coins. This is a very common "carrot on a stick" tactics, nothing new. The game is just launching so of course they want to give some people a reason to log in every day for a year.

Do I think 360 coins is a bit much? Yes. I think it could even be 250 and it wouldn't seem nearly as bad as looking forward to getting the Angel companion on April 20th next year. But at this point, it is what it is.
    edited April 2013
    vikoon wrote: »
    I hate to burst your bubble but why would it be a bug at 360 Coins. This is a very common "carrot on a stick" tactics, nothing new. The game is just launching so of course they want to give some people a reason to log in every day for a year.

Do I think 360 coins is a bit much? Yes. I think it could even be 250 and it wouldn't seem nearly as bad as looking forward to getting the Angel companion on April 20th next year. But at this point, it is what it is.

No it's <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> and unfair, especially since playing a Guardian class... this is THE Companion to go for!
    Other classes who need a T3 tank or T3 DPS Companion, can get it via other means a hell lot quicker.

The Whole Balance between the various Companions is just way off!

Sorry, but even the most hardcore players won't be able to login every single day for 360 days in a row.

For an average person (like me) who might be able to pull off 180 to 200 days a year, this would mean an almost 2 year wait until you can buy this T3 healer Companion.

This is not a carrot on a stick.... this is just litterly pushing the Cash Shop through Our throats... as I have no doubt they will put this Companion on the Zen store soon at a PREMIUM price!

If this is how Cryptic is going to play it.... then I am instantly done With this game. And I am pretty sure I will not be the only one feeling this way.
  • demonical3demonical3 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 49
    edited April 2013
    you do realize the companions can be upgraded to T3 right? you can make the normal Cleric companion rank 30 that way.. or the store bought one... and again Open Beta.
    edited April 2013
    demonical3 wrote: »
    you do realize the companions can be upgraded to T3 right? you can make the normal Cleric companion rank 30 that way.. or the store bought one... and again Open Beta.

The manuals are not available yet. And when they do. At what cost?
    If the Mount Upgrade manuals are any indication, then you are facing a whopping 3,5 to 4 million AD Investment to get a T1 Companion upgraded to T3 ! That is a hell lot of AD.
    The time it requires to gain THAT much AD ... it will practically just force the average player to the Zen Store and just fork out the 40 dollars cash.

Which is just unfair, seeing how other type of T3 Companions are much easier obtainable via different currencies ingame!
  • tfangeltfangel Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    The time it requires to gain THAT much AD ... it will practically just force the average player to the Zen Store and just fork out the 40 dollars cash.

One thing to remember though, at this point, we really don't know how much easier it will be to get the AD. Some things you may find will be wanted on the AH, and that could make it quite easy, or at least easier.
  • rustybladesrustyblades Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 75
    edited April 2013
    Redacted due to utter incorrectness..
  • bigt983bigt983 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    You dont have to login every day for it......
    No it's <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> and unfair, especially since playing a Guardian class... this is THE Companion to go for!
    Other classes who need a T3 tank or T3 DPS Companion, can get it via other means a hell lot quicker.

The Whole Balance between the various Companions is just way off!

Sorry, but even the most hardcore players won't be able to login every single day for 360 days in a row.

For an average person (like me) who might be able to pull off 180 to 200 days a year, this would mean an almost 2 year wait until you can buy this T3 healer Companion.

This is not a carrot on a stick.... this is just litterly pushing the Cash Shop through Our throats... as I have no doubt they will put this Companion on the Zen store soon at a PREMIUM price!

If this is how Cryptic is going to play it.... then I am instantly done With this game. And I am pretty sure I will not be the only one feeling this way.
    Doran Scalebane
  • matholomeumatholomeu Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Is it a bug? yes. It's not supposed to be 36 coins, but rather an ardent coin every time you invoke. Celestial coins are supposed to generate once per day, and, as I've come to understand it, Ardent coins once per hour. As previously stated, the game is still in beta, so there are bound to be glitches. I am currently having this same problem. But the math is a lot better even for the casual gamer. A player that plays for 2 hours per day can invoke twice per day, at 2 Ardent coins per day it comes to 180 days, a lot more reasonable than the 360, or if a player plays 3 hours per day, they can have it in a mere 120 days, etc. etc.
    edited May 2013
    Ardent Coins are gained exactly as often as Celestial Coins, and it has been this way the entire time. If you've heard that it's supposed to be otherwise, I'd appreciate a source, as that would be a major (and welcome) change.
  • dakxerdakxer Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    They just need to add the invoking to the gateway.playneverwinter.com, then people can log in with cell phones and invoke every day they are on vacation!

...lol, just kidding.
  • beaghan1beaghan1 Member Posts: 404 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    dumb question, especially since I've played a ton, but where are the vendors for these? are they in the market area or in some shop that I haven't noticed?
  • reldawreldaw Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I've seen it in reviews for the game, (namely PCGamer) that Celestial coins are once an hour. There's nothing in the official game that says how often coins are earned.
  • mconosrepmconosrep Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I don't think Celestrial coins are once an hour as i have exactly the same number of them as the Ardent coins. I thought they are both granted ONLY for the first invocation of the day.
  • tfangeltfangel Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    beaghan1 wrote: »
    dumb question, especially since I've played a ton, but where are the vendors for these? are they in the market area or in some shop that I haven't noticed?

Inventory tab where it shows your currency, there is a button you can click to spend any of them, it will open a new window.
  • beaghan1beaghan1 Member Posts: 404 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    tfangel wrote: »
    Inventory tab where it shows your currency, there is a button you can click to spend any of them, it will open a new window.

thanks kindly, I spend all my game time running around doing stuff and never even checked all the buttons yet lol. I appreciate it, I'll have a look.
  • rapticorrapticor Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,078 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    beaghan1 wrote: »
    thanks kindly, I spend all my game time running around doing stuff and never even checked all the buttons yet lol. I appreciate it, I'll have a look.

You can also do it by clicking the symbol next to the invoke timer. Above the number of celestial coins you have.
  • soccermizz28soccermizz28 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    mconosrep wrote: »
    I don't think Celestrial coins are once an hour as i have exactly the same number of them as the Ardent coins. I thought they are both granted ONLY for the first invocation of the day.

I'm going to second (most of) this. I have the same number of ardent coins as I do Celestial coins as well (because I haven't missed a day yet).
    That being said, I also remember reading in game that you only get Celestial Coins the first time you invoke for the day. As for Ardent coins, however, I vaguely remember it hinting at these being more easily obtainable.

My memory fails me as to where I read this or how it was worded exactly, but it's logical to me that Ardent coins would be rewarded the first time you invoke and perhaps have a very small percentage of being rewarded on following invocations for the day. Why, at least, would it go through all the trouble of explaining that Celestial coins can only be rewarded once a day, but not Ardent coins?

Really though, until one of us gets two ardent coins in one day, it's all hearsay.
  • xxhumorxxxxhumorxx Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0
    edited May 2013
    Hovering over the coins, it would seem to be some sort of bug, if you actually read the text in the description. Hovering over the Celestial Coin, tells you that you're awarded one each day, and even goes on to tell you when, and how you end up losing the coins.

Hovering over the Ardent Coins, the description simply states you need to invoke at an altar, or a resting area. No further description is available. This is why it's safe to assume this is a big F_ck Up, on either PWE's, part, or Cryptic's part. It's hard to believe that you actually need to spend 360 days just to gain one companion, in which by the time you end up getting then, PWE's screwed up cash shop will have something 10x better, and probably double the max rank (60), by the time even one person spends every single day, playing just over a full years worth of gameplay. (at least once a day).

Either way, I don't care a whole lot, I would simply love a chance to see what it actually looks like, as it does the exact same thing as the normal Cleric Companion does, with one additive skill (big whoop).

Give it a month, and you'll be able to purchase Ardent Coins from the cash shop... Only $1 a piece! The sad part is... People like me would actually spend $360 just to get the companion... (hint hint PWE....).
  • keeganfoxkeeganfox Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I swear they do the same thing with STO where vet players (played a year) get a cooler ship.