test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Interactable Repeatable?

nimorrighannimorrighan Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 10 Arc User
edited April 2013 in The Foundry
Is there a way to make a interactable object repeatable? For example using it as a switch.
I currently have two objects, one turns another object on, and the other turns it off. I can't work out how to do it in the same object. But either way, once I have used the object, I cannot use it again.. Is there a way, like the statues, where you can make it so you can use it more than once?

I really apologize if this is confusing.

Thanks,

Ni Morrighan
Post edited by nimorrighan on

Comments

• tilt42tilt42 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    No, there is no way to do that currently. Triggers only work once, and then are done.
  • izatarizatar Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,161 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Short answer: No.
    Medium answer: You can get some N number of repeats by replicating the object, but that number N is limited by how many copies you make.
    Long hairy answer: There actually is a way to reset objects, but it is ridiculously complex. In one particular circumstance, a map will reset completely resetting all objects inside it. This is when a player uses an "abort" exit, and re-enters the map, but this only works if that map is the first non-cryptic map in the quest, and the storyline does not progress. I have come up with a few crafty ways to exploit this by a combination of user created items (which do not erase when the instance resets) and diabolically clever story telling (and maybe even 2 separate quest entries). Theoretically this could be used to make a quest semi-persistent, but it is very very ugly, and who knows if Cryptic will ruin the possibilty next week.
    We have requested already a trigger that resets the dungeon like the 'reset' button in the foundry, so horrific hacking isn't necessary. I hope they do it (or better yet, allow individual objects to reset), because having to hack to make features that already exists 99% work right sort of sux.
  • nimorrighannimorrighan Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Thank you for your replies.

It would be nice if a single item would reset so we can use triggers and levers to pull potential. Think I will have to put my current Quest on hold till this option is available.

• tilt42tilt42 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I wouldn't hold my breath for that. We're going to get switches and levers soon, and they may potentially fulfill some of your request, but I still wouldn't hold my breath.
  • fyrestorme1fyrestorme1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 98
    edited April 2013
    I actually just played through a pretty long foundry quest rated 4.5 stars - "crypt" something - and I found numerous instances of repeatable switches. By the looks of them, they are destroying them on use and recreating a different switch in the alternate position with a new activation state. Not sure how they did it.