test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Anyone tried this on MAC using Bootcamp or similar software?

tanaris1980tanaris1980 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 12 Arc User
edited May 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
Hi,

Was wondering if anyone had tried running Neverwinter on a MAC and if so, if they had any success and what kind of MAC they had.

I have a PC at home but at work I have a MAC so I was wondering if it is possible to run the game using Bootcamp. It wouldn't even need to run very well since I would mostly just log in to pray and or send my companion for training and stuff like that.

Cheers!
Post edited by tanaris1980 on

Comments

• emrendillemrendill Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 70
    edited April 2013
    With bootcam you just create a new partition on your harddrive so you can install windows on your mac. MAC is a PC, and if it's good enough you shouldn't have problems running the game.
  • antfresantfres Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Hi,

Was wondering if anyone had tried running Neverwinter on a MAC and if so, if they had any success and what kind of MAC they had.

I have a PC at home but at work I have a MAC so I was wondering if it is possible to run the game using Bootcamp. It wouldn't even need to run very well since I would mostly just log in to pray and or send my companion for training and stuff like that.

Cheers!

I run it in my 2012 imac with no problems. I can either run the game with crossover right from OSX or load up bootcamp and run it from from my windows partition. Runs great either way
  • tanaris1980tanaris1980 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Thanks so far for the replies. I'm a MAC newbie so would a Macbook pro with a 2.3 GHz i7, 8 GB RAM and an GeForce GT 650M 512 MB be able to run this game (even if its on low settings)?

Cheers!
  • plebian23plebian23 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I have tried to run it on my rmbp in bootcamp with windows 8, vm fusion with windows xp and natively with wine and every time I get a message that it is not compatible with my gpu. Admittedly I haven't put much time into trouble shooting this issue as I had it installed on my home pc, but I may start working on that soon.
  • crypticcliffcrypticcliff Cryptic Developers Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    plebian23 wrote: »
    I have tried to run it on my rmbp in bootcamp with windows 8, vm fusion with windows xp and natively with wine and every time I get a message that it is not compatible with my gpu. Admittedly I haven't put much time into trouble shooting this issue as I had it installed on my home pc, but I may start working on that soon.

You can safely dismiss that screen and check the little box telling it not to nag you for a month. The option to run with "default" settings really just means it won't mess with your settings that you have. The option to run in low-graphics WILL adjust your settings.

It's on the bottom of the list of WINE related stuff to fix.