test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Character appearance , lets voice.

lovelovehugslovelovehugs Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
edited April 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
I have made a few posts about appearance, I sit in game and read the zone chat abouts complaints with their characters. Please post that stuff here! if we make it known how unhappy we are changes may come! Here is a list of things so far.

1. Hair huge issues, NPCs have long hair and other styles. Why not players? Do not say clipping because the current hairs already clip with some face models and armors.

2. NPCs have relaxed faces some are even happy looking, Any chance you can add that in for players?

If you feel the same, please comment here!

These options could even be Zen store unlocks.

Might seem minor to some, but to roleplayers and people who are now regretting becoming a founder they are kinda big up there.
Post edited by lovelovehugs on

Comments

• wtfgivemeanamewtfgivemeaname Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Not to be a <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>, but with the amount of beta weekends they have, the lack of visual variety can hardly be a shocker to someone who put $200 or $59 down on the game.

Now, that said, yes, I'd love to see visual variety added to the game. But, if you look at the game's resources (or severe shortage of) available in the Foundry, you'll find that there's a fairly decent chance the Dev team for Neverwinter doesn't really have the manpower for this aspect (though it's equally strange why the character "creator" in the Foundry has more options than the one we use in the game).

Perhaps it'd be a more constructive idea to get them to allow custom meshes/skins/etc to be added to the game via the Foundry, while expanding the Foundry into more than just a tool for quest creation, but player-made items/skins/mods as well, as that'd have the benefit of allow players to both create better adventures, as well as better characters, and skirt around what is presumably a man-power/finance issue on PW's side.
  • lovelovehugslovelovehugs Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    it is a shocker..with all the money they are making and the jacked up prices in the zen store. 30$ for a tank companion...and the need for players to buy astral diamonds to get anything decent really. I would think they would care a lil how player feel. Before playing I was reading the forums on how the hair issue was known. Seems its known but not cared about...
  • astaziaastazia Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 51
    edited April 2013
    Now, that said, yes, I'd love to see visual variety added to the game. But, if you look at the game's resources (or severe shortage of) available in the Foundry, you'll find that there's a fairly decent chance the Dev team for Neverwinter doesn't really have the manpower for this aspect (though it's equally strange why the character "creator" in the Foundry has more options than the one we use in the game).

Everything the OP is asking for is available in CO and STO and all three games use the same engine and assets. I really do not understand what their plan is, but for example when STO came out it borrowed only a handful of hairs from CO then added a handful more, but everyone complained about lack of hairstyles (long ones specifically) and they never went and grabbed all the good CO hairs that would make people happy. Now NW comes out and it again borrows some hairs from CO and STO and adds a few new ones, but falls short of the variety people actually want (and some of the new ones are horrible). If we had access to all the CO/STO/NW hairs in all three games, people would be ecstatic, but Cryptic just doesn't seem inclined to make it happen.

The engine also supports the character mood system, where you can set your character to happy, angry, whatever, but for some reason it's disabled in NW. It's undoubtedly still there, just turned off.
  • direcrowdirecrow Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    The real annoying thing is that both previous Cryptic games have really good customization. Granted the faces in CO are god awful, but everything else is there.

With a game like STO under their belts, the character models in this game are a real leap backward in quality.
    Mindflayer Shard - @direcrow
    The Dire Crow - Tiefling TR
    Alice L'ddell - Human GF
    Ludovique - Tiefling DC
  • aetherchargeaethercharge Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 359 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2013
    Honestly, I really don't care about appearances. They are a nice thing to play with sometimes but to me will always be a distant second to gameplay.
  • sinbornsinborn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    It definately looks like a cryptic game, although I kinda' with it had the same pizzaz that CO has.
  • akikisaragiakikisaragi Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Imo there are far more important things needing some work.
  • lovelovehugslovelovehugs Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    As I said most don't care. Some of us plan on rping. The way my character looks oddly effects how long I play it and how often I use the item mall. I hated GW2 but spent hundreds a month on it buying dyes and junk cause my character was amazing. Here I am like...might buy a bag n wait n see..