test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Lack of Armor Appearance Changes

mystflamemystflame Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 33
edited April 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
So I made a level 20 female Elf CW. So far, there has only been one armor style change in all the different armor sets i have equipped; and that one change was extremely minor. Am I just getting unlucky with the class/sex choice, or is it the same across the board?
Post edited by mystflame on

Comments

• devoneauxdevoneaux Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I've seen four different robes so far, the problem is just that they're all made in the same style and all share the same color so it tends to look rather samey.
  • wtfgivemeanamewtfgivemeaname Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    If one assumes the clothing in the armory covers most, if not all, clothing in the game, then yes, there is a severe lack of armor styles in the game.

I can say that in the betas, my experience was that there are about 6 different armor styles per class, from levels 1-60, with one style every 10 levels. I sincerely doubt that's changed, based on there having been only three styles for my Fighter, as she works through her 20s.

I had assumed this was on purpose, so they could sell variety through the Zen store, but the Zen store is pretty devoid of any real cosmetic items as well, so it's probably due to limited developer resources.

Currently, the Foundry does not have the ability to import meshes, so players can't create skins to add to the game. At least, not yet. One hopes that if PW does not have the resources to create armor meshes, they give the players the tools to do so at some point in the future.
  • mystflamemystflame Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 33
    edited April 2013
    makes me sad :(
  • moodaymooday Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 54
    edited April 2013
    mystflame wrote: »
    So I made a level 20 female Elf CW. So far, there has only been one armor style change in all the different armor sets i have equipped; and that one change was extremely minor. Am I just getting unlucky with the class/sex choice, or is it the same across the board?

From what i've seen, if the ICON of the armor looks the same, then the item will too. Don't forget about dyes and such that you can apply.

Also, if you do 5 player instances, you will get loot that looks quite different. The level 16 chest piece I got for my TR was epic and looked nothing like the level 16 green quality armors.
  • riqitariqita Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 297 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2013
    Technically, it's still beta... So, I'm not too worried.
    When I play D&D with miniatures, it's all just one appearance. I can deal... for now.

It would be nice if we could at least end AD on cool looking outfits.
    I saw a TR with great looking gear. Even if it's from a special pack, that could be great.