test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Lurg Bloodspear is way too tough...

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 Arc User
edited April 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
I'm a level 14 GWF - tried to kill Lurg Bloodspear 3 times and failed all 3 times. I would go all out on him, but I couldn't chug potions fast enough to stay alive.

I think this quest moves the main story along: it shouldn't be so hard solo, IMO.
Post edited by [Deleted User] on

Comments

• Options
    zylaxxzylaxx Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 591 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2013
    Its the class not the boss.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Character is what a man is in the dark
  • Options
    dusknoiredusknoire Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Yeah, I'd hold off playing the GWF until it gets some changes. It's amazing how different the GWF is to everything else while leveling. I also made the mistake of leveling on first.

Playing a mage now and it's night and day difference.
  • Options
    maiku217maiku217 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Try a party.
    ElfenLiedSig.gif
  • Options
    johnny305johnny305 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    uglyduck1 wrote: »
    I'm a level 14 GWF - tried to kill Lurg Bloodspear 3 times and failed all 3 times. I would go all out on him, but I couldn't chug potions fast enough to stay alive.

I think this quest moves the main story along: it shouldn't be so hard solo, IMO.

Its not too hard, you are not skilled enough to beat it solo, get a party and beat it,....

This is the easiest mmo ive played yet, you want it easier even though you already paid money also to gain power advantage....??

come on man!!
  • Options
    ambermajambermaj Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I made it to 26 so far solo.

The key to remember (for me anyways) is that no boss so far has been able to stop me from running around. I run around and then chug a potion. If I need more health I run around some more.

They do me far less damage that way then standing still and getting hammered on. So far it has worked for me :)
    Cuz you sebestimated me!
  • Options
    aurennaurenn Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    They need the feedback/suggestion forum back up. To be honest the GWF seems like it wants to be a beserker, yet also a melee version of the control wizard, just minus the lock down moves. Control Wizard at level like...13-15 will have around 3-4 moves that will disable a single target, GWF will have...1 at level...15 I think? Takedown, that is it.

On top of that they need to fix the At-wills he has. The single target one and then the cone AOE one both feel way too weak, specially around level 25, they just are not cutting it. On top of that, later on, the single target attacks that do damage, aren't doing enough compaired to other classes, such as the CW, DC, or even Guardian Fighter. I've seen a Guardian Fighter down a monster quicker than my GWF, hell saw him take out a group faster than the GWF.

Anyway...I'll move my rant to a GWF rant thread...
  • Options
    astaziaastazia Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 51
    edited April 2013
    My dire wolf can solo every boss I've fought so far up into the 20s. The only way I've found any sort of challenge is by playing foundry missions designed for groups of people. Imagine a room full of enemies as strong as the story bosses all coming at you at once, now that is fun, and still soloable.
  • Options
    terradraconisterradraconis Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    My control wizard managed to duo him with another control wizard. I some how wound up tanking him. :p And let me tell you that sucked.

Some how the rest of the party apparently didn't notice we stopped to do the side boss. Actually I saw the other player go that way and followed and the rest of the party charged on. Meh.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]